Windows 10: Child Email Recover

Discus and support Child Email Recover in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; If I am the administrator/parent on the family account why can I not recover an account. I have gone through the forgot password process but the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Big_Daddy941, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Child Email Recover

If I am the administrator/parent on the family account why can I not recover an account. I have gone through the forgot password process but the automated system keeps determining that "Unfortunately, our automated system has determined that the information you provided was not sufficient for us to validate your account ownership." My child has a Xbox gamer ID that is associated with this account and would like to get this account recovered.

Moved from: Outlook.com Email Adding email accounts

:)

Big_Daddy941, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Ferdz Amp Win User

Child activity reporting

Hello,

You might be facing this issue due to the account is not configured properly.
    Kindly refer to the steps below on how to reconfigure your
    Family Safety feature for your Windows 10 device.

To remove a child

• From a web browser, go to
      http://account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with the Microsoft account of an adult in the family.
    • To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled
      Select a child to view or edit their settings.
    • Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.

To add a child to your family

• Sign in at
      account.microsoft.com/family
    • If this is your first time setting up a family, select Add a child.

If you've already added child accounts to your family, go to Select a child to view or edit their settings and then select
      Add.
    • Enter your child's email address and select Send invite. If your child doesn't have an email address, select
      Create a new email address for your child and follow the instructions on the screen.

If the suggestion above doesn't work, feel free to post back so we can further troubleshoot.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Apr 10, 2020
  4. DRDNA Win User

Child Email Recover

DRDNA, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Child Email Recover

1. Child Email Recover - Similar Threads - Child Email Recover

2. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  3. Recover child account password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recover child account password: Hi,I recently bought gaming computer Windows 11 for my 7-year-old. I created an outlook account for him for windows login. I noted down the password and proceeded to consent form. Things were good so far. I tried logging into my child email account first time using password...
  4. Recovering lost Email

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Recovering lost Email: My Elderly Grandfather has lost an email he has been working on all week, it was of great importance to him, we have searched everywhere on the emails, deleted items, Junk, etc. The email version is Windows Live Mail 2012, is there any way of finding this email? it was once...
  5. Cannot reset or recover child account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot reset or recover child account: Last year we set up an account for our child on our family account but now we cannot enter his account as we did not have to set a password. There is not enough information for a password reset or a recovery we tried it all. So how can we look into our childs account who has...
  6. Recover a child's MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover a child's MS account: Hi I set up an account for my child a bit ago and when I went to log in, it doesn't seem to recognise the passwords I would expect to have used. The password recovery form doesn't seem to work, probably because he has never sent any email, on account of him being 5! I...
  7. Child account with email

Child account with email: Why have microsoft made it nearly impossible to create an account for a child that actually doesnt **** up within the first week of creation. then trying to reset password is impossible unless you a microsoft guru!! I have pre ordered games in preperation of the xbox x...
  8. Multiple emails for same child

Multiple emails for same child: My child has an existing family account set up under one email address, however he has an Xbox set up under a different email. Is there a way to have one child's account monitor multiple email addresses?...
  9. Child account email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child account email: Why can I not block a child account access to the mail app? Why are discussions about this locked? This is egregious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/child-account-email/873519b7-34d3-4618-8291-351e3c64f967
  10. Recovering emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Recovering emails: Ok, I accidentally managed to delete all my inbox emails. I have followed the procedure and can see the emails but when I move them to the folder, it automatically opens an email to send instead. Can I stop that happening? even when I try and copy it does it....