Windows 10: Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out.

Discus and support Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My daughter 13 cannot join our MS Family because she is in another family already that was formed with her school friends, none of whom are actual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by HolyCattiva, Jan 9, 2022.

1. Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out.

My daughter 13 cannot join our MS Family because she is in another family already that was formed with her school friends, none of whom are actual adults. But she cannot leave the family without the "adult" consent, and the organizer will not consent. How can I actually claim my child as my own?

:)

HolyCattiva, Jan 9, 2022
  2. Noor_Azam Win User

Something went wrong message when my child clicks join family link in the email.

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Is the Child account a Microsoft account?

The issue might be due to the age verification, hence I suggest you to verify the child’s age by logging in with child’s account on
    account.microsoft.com/family and verify the age.

I also suggest you to refer the article
    Add members to your family group to get more information on adding members to your family account.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Jan 9, 2022
  3. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 9, 2022
  4. Joan Pin Win User

Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out.

is there any way to add child screen time in family safety where "Something went wrong" message, no bump email from child and administrative access are a problem

Hi,

Joan here, stepping up for Mark Isi. Family Safety is designed to help protect children on the computer by monitoring their usage, setting time limits and restrictions, and filtering the web pages you want them to see.

To resolve your query about Family Safety, we suggest that you remove the Child Account from your Family Settings. To do that, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click Accounts and select Family and other users.
    • Tap on the Manage family settings online.
    • Click Remove under Your Family.
    • Select on the child account you want remove.
    • Click Remove.
    • You will receive an email confirming the child has been removed from the family.
    After that, you may use this link on how to add your Child Account again in Family Settings.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to update this post.

Joan Pin, Jan 9, 2022
Thema:

Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out.

1. Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out. - Similar Threads - Child has joined

2. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group: I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser...
  3. Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get child out of dummy family group and back into genuine family group: I am an 'Organiser' of my family group. My son 12 year old account managed to leave the family group to get around Xbox and laptop time/content restrictions by creating a new family group and joining that I did not receive any request for him to leave. He set up an organiser...
  4. family group child member cannot join

in Windows 10 Gaming
    family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  5. family group child member cannot join

family group child member cannot join: Hello,My childs account was removed and added to another family group account which no one has access to anymore. How can I have his account re-joined. I can login to my account and his but he cannot leave the other family group account....
  6. family group child member cannot join

7. Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out.

Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out.: My daughter 13 cannot join our MS Family because she is in another family already that was formed with her school friends, none of whom are actual adults. But she cannot leave the family without the "adult" consent, and the organizer will not consent. How can I actually claim...
  8. Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out.

Child has joined wrong MS Family and can't get out.: My daughter 13 cannot join our MS Family because she is in another family already that was formed with her school friends, none of whom are actual adults. But she cannot leave the family without the "adult" consent, and the organizer will not consent. How can I actually claim...
  9. Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're...

Trying to join family as a child and getting this error: Sorry, something went wrong. We're...: Tried multiple times on different devices with same error so not OS related. Any idea ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trying-to-join-family-as-a-child-and-getting-this/3465878b-6836-4d56-951b-c73f2fe90fc8
  10. Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family

Can't Add A Child Account to MS Family: Hi - I'm having some frustrating challenges setting up a child account on my Windows 10 PC. I successfully created a child account, and am able to log into the PC using that account. What I'm having trouble with is adding the child account to my 'family' so that I can...