Windows 10: Child lock and I Messed it up

Discus and support Child lock and I Messed it up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So here we go. When I first installed my laptop I didn't care so just jumped right in a made a stupid MS account, didn't look at the age. So today I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Trekdrop007, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Child lock and I Messed it up

So here we go.

When I first installed my laptop I didn't care so just jumped right in a made a stupid MS account, didn't look at the age. So today I try to change it because I just wanna download app and they adult promission. It didn't work because I needed a adult. So I made a second ms account, put my 1ste in the family thing and then... I couldn't change my birthday on my second account. So I thought I will use my 2 account on my laptop. Deleted the first account out of the family thing. Now everything is weird....

When I try to open chrome it asks me for promission of a adult. That's weird because my account is my second account, and there I am a adult.

So I made a local account, delete the second account.. still the same.

Switch back to my first account to see if I just ask permission to my second account. And now I don't get any email.. of course because I don't have the whole family thing anymore.

Switch back to my second account.. still the same.

Made a totally new email and account.. still the same.

How the.... What can I do.

First! Its my fault not putting my birthday correct.

:)

Trekdrop007, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Child lock and I Messed it up

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Child lock and I Messed it up

1. Child lock and I Messed it up - Similar Threads - Child lock Messed

2. I messed up some msconfig ..

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up some msconfig ..: I messed up msconfig to clean boot my laptop. Now i can start win10 but it dont have my account and textfield to enter my password . What should i do ? Pls help me......
  3. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: I was having problems playing games on Facebook. It was the second time this happened to me and was not able to fix the problem this time so I decided to restore my computer to an earlier date when it was working... Boy that was a no no...was my first time using the restore...
  4. I messed up a clean boot

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    I messed up a clean boot: Something was wrong with my computer so i tried to do a clean boot. I messed up and accidentally disabled all programs and restarted the computer so now my computer wont let me login. It keeps saying my passwords incorrect and there is no internet connection. I did...
  5. Messed up Libraries

in Windows 10 Support
    Messed up Libraries: Win 10 1809 Somehow my Libraries are messed up with duplicate folders in various different places including under Onedrive. Asking a program to open a Picture folder for example may open an empty one or the correct one. Ditto saving and after saving the file has vanished!! I...
  6. I messed up my ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I messed up my ethernet: When i came home from school i noticed that my internet is displaying yellow notification(i am using windows 10) i know that it is something not good and i need finish something in school and i badly need my internet...(i didnt know that my isp is working on something so...
  7. Messed up playback

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Messed up playback: After pressing windows+alt+G i get a notification that xbox recorded the clip. So when i go to my captures in my files too see the video its just a black screen with only audio. How do I fix this?...
  8. I messed up and installed a virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I messed up and installed a virus: Installed a program (It was a trainer for game) and it instead was a virus/malware/adware. I uninstalled and ran malware + windows defender. Then I ran revo uninstaller found more of it and delete that. Ran CCleaner then Malware + Win Defender in offline. After all...
  9. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: Hi. Does anyone know how to fix this terrible mess I got myself into? On disk0 the partitions are out of order. What can I do to fix it? [img] . Any help will be appreciated. 96616
  10. I really messed up

in Windows 10 Support
    I really messed up: Sorry that this is long and not that well worded I really messed up. So from the beginning. I bought a pc from one of my friends on Friday. (Specs: cpu: Intel i7 4790, gpu: nvidia geforce gtx 970, motherboard: gigabyte z97 hd3, and Windows 10 home, originally...