Windows 10: Child lock and I Messed it up

Discus and support Child lock and I Messed it up in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; So here we go. When I first installed my laptop I didn't care so just jumped right in a made a stupid MS account, didn't look at the age. So today I... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Trekdrop007, Mar 21, 2019.

1. Child lock and I Messed it up

So here we go.

When I first installed my laptop I didn't care so just jumped right in a made a stupid MS account, didn't look at the age. So today I try to change it because I just wanna download app and they adult promission. It didn't work because I needed a adult. So I made a second ms account, put my 1ste in the family thing and then... I couldn't change my birthday on my second account. So I thought I will use my 2 account on my laptop. Deleted the first account out of the family thing. Now everything is weird....

When I try to open chrome it asks me for promission of a adult. That's weird because my account is my second account, and there I am a adult.

So I made a local account, delete the second account.. still the same.

Switch back to my first account to see if I just ask permission to my second account. And now I don't get any email.. of course because I don't have the whole family thing anymore.

Switch back to my second account.. still the same.

Made a totally new email and account.. still the same.

How the.... What can I do.

First! Its my fault not putting my birthday correct.

:)

Trekdrop007, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Child option not present in Windows 10 Family Safety

Hi George,

Thank you for your response.

• Are you trying these steps in admin account or a local account?
    The steps given in the link ahs to be performed in the Website and a invite has to sent from the web and check if it helps.

I suggest you to refer the link and check the Add a child account to your family and check
    if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Child lock and I Messed it up

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Child lock and I Messed it up

1. Child lock and I Messed it up - Similar Threads - Child lock Messed

2. Child password lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child password lock: Can’t get by the Lock Screen with her password. It’s saying disabled with multiple failed attempts. But no way to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-password-lock/3c00e4d4-6c00-45bd-9289-f40860ea8e09
  3. Child password lock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Child password lock: Can’t get by the Lock Screen with her password. It’s saying disabled with multiple failed attempts. But no way to reset it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-password-lock/3c00e4d4-6c00-45bd-9289-f40860ea8e09
  4. child lock

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    child lock: my computer is on child lock and i bought this computer new and this is the first time this has happened to me and i dont know how to get off it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-lock/6d76e113-bc56-4574-9aef-275c75677bae
  5. child lock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    child lock: my computer is on child lock and i bought this computer new and this is the first time this has happened to me and i dont know how to get off it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-lock/6d76e113-bc56-4574-9aef-275c75677bae
  6. child lock

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up: Our new laptop wouldn’t switch out of s mode so I used a code online to activate it (enterprise). Now MS Office won’t work because I’m not activated and I don’t have a code for windows 10 home. Can someone please help! submitted by /u/ItsLightning17 [link] [comments]...
  8. I messed up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I messed up: So I got a windows update and it said I had no audio output device installed. So I followed some tips and tried to update realtek but I may or may not have accidentaly uninstalled it instead. Now I don't know how reinstall the Realtek driver plus I need to update the audio...
  9. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: I was having problems playing games on Facebook. It was the second time this happened to me and was not able to fix the problem this time so I decided to restore my computer to an earlier date when it was working... Boy that was a no no...was my first time using the restore...
  10. I messed up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I messed up: Hi. Does anyone know how to fix this terrible mess I got myself into? On disk0 the partitions are out of order. What can I do to fix it? [img] . Any help will be appreciated. 96616