Windows 10: Child Microsoft Account

Discus and support Child Microsoft Account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; HI I set up a child account with the correct birthdate that shows my childs age as 12y old - however it lists him as an Adult - How do I change him... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by C_McD, Jan 1, 2019.

1. C_McD Win User

Child Microsoft Account

HI

I set up a child account with the correct birthdate that shows my childs age as 12y old - however it lists him as an Adult - How do I change him to a child.

:)

C_McD, Jan 1, 2019
  2. Jan123 Win User

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 1, 2019
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Child Microsoft Account

Not to Accept Invitation from a Child Account

Hi Timothy,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Let me try to help you to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple steps and check if it helps in resolving the issue. I would suggest you to remove the child account from family safety and add it again. Follow the below steps to remove the child account.

• To remove a child, choose Remove at the top of the section labeled Select a child to view or edit their settings.

• To remove an adult, including the account you used to sign in with, choose Remove at the top of the Adults section. If you're the only adult in the family, you'll need to remove all the kids before you can remove yourself.

• Select the person you want to remove from the family.
    • Select the Remove button that appears when you've chosen the person to remove.
    Once you remove the account, try to add the account again and check it helps.

Microsoft account | Your family

Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Child Microsoft Account

1. Child Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Child Microsoft Account

2. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  3. Child Microsoft account access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child Microsoft account access: Trying to sign in my child into their Microsoft account for both OneDrive and Minecraft I get a pop up adding for my details, it accepts them, then asks for child permissions and after giving I get the following message and frozen windowTraceld: pdVxnp7+C05/VuHu 25.285 Any...
  4. Child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child's account: I cannot remove my child's account since I approved her joining with my Gmail account by accident. How do I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/childs-account/c8038341-81a8-4f31-acee-5c6090e36a6b
  5. Child account not showing in manage child accounts

Child account not showing in manage child accounts: One of my child's accounts is not showing as a child account in the manage permissions section - it is appearing in my Family. This means I can't change app permissions. I have ensured all details of the account are correct and my other child is appearing correctly and I...
  6. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  7. Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...

Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...
  8. Microsoft adult to child account fix?

Microsoft adult to child account fix?: Like thousands of other Microsoft users with teenagers addicted to the Xbox, I'd like to change an adult account to a child account. Has this been fixed YET? The issue is that I don't want to cancel the adult account straight out or we'll lose all of the games, which, I've...
  9. Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating

Child's Microsoft Family Account Not Updating: I used to be able to update my child's account remotely, via my laptop or phone, but now that doesn't work anymore. I can see the changes on the family page, but the device doesn't sync properly. I can give access to the device and additional time directly on the machine, but...
  10. Unable To Add Child To Microsoft Account.

Unable To Add Child To Microsoft Account.: I have 2 Nokia 550 window 10. Each child has outlook accounts and each child have access to other Microsoft devices .The phones appear on account as devices but I am unable to add them each child. Can anyone help please. ***Edited Original Title From: y family account. The...