Windows 10: Child needs to see remaining screen time

Discus and support Child needs to see remaining screen time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I am using thr family features of Windows 10 ans having several heartaches leading to family drama: 1. There does not appear to be a way for my child... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by l3001, Dec 11, 2018.

1. l3001 Win User

Child needs to see remaining screen time

I am using thr family features of Windows 10 ans having several heartaches leading to family drama:

1. There does not appear to be a way for my child to easily see/track how much screen time is left in Windows 10 so they can plan around it

2. When i get a request to add more time, and I do, it is not cumulative — it is always from that moment and does not take into account what was remaining. Eg lets say my child has 14 minutes left and asks me to add 15 more. I click that link and now he has 15 from when i clicked it, not 29.

3. Most urgently and frustratingly, the PC does not pick up on the added screen time quickly. This was working well a few weeks ago, but today it intermittently slow, and combined with #1 leads to the PC getting shut down in the middle of a game even after ive added more time.

:)

l3001, Dec 11, 2018
  2. Anonimiss Win User

Windows 10 Screen Time setting not working for my child

I had this exact problem and these are the steps I took to get the issue resolved:

• Navigate to family safety settings and remove the child from the family having issues.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with local account instead
    • Follow the steps to change to a local account. When completed, Login back to your account (admin account)
    • Go back to the family safety settings and add your child back to the family group.
    • Access your childs email address to accept the family invitation
    • Verify the child now shows properly in the family settings and that the screen times are still correct.
    • Login to the childs account and launch Settings (windows key + i)
    • Click the Accounts icon and select Sign in with microsoft account instead
    • Your family settings should now take affect.

I know this is pretty tedious, but like I said, it worked for me. If you are still having trouble, I suggest contacting support and they can help walk you through the steps to get it resolved.

Anonimiss, Dec 12, 2018
  3. Jan Del Win User
    Family Child Protection Screen Time reports wrong time

Hi,

Setting up screen time helps you manage and monitor your kids time on the computer. We suggest checking this
    thread that was answered by Amit(Kumar) for the troubleshooting steps on how to correct screen
    time reports.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jan Del, Dec 12, 2018
  4. Child needs to see remaining screen time

Remaining Time in Family Safety

The parent can view it if the child informs them of the remaining 15 minutes, as what Leonard mentioned in his post. The child will see a notification pop-up on the lower right hand corner of their screen. It informs them of the remaining 15 minutes of
    the allotted time in using the computer.

Andre Da Costa, Dec 12, 2018
Thema:

Child needs to see remaining screen time

1. Child needs to see remaining screen time - Similar Threads - Child needs remaining

2. Child`s screen time settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child`s screen time settings: Hi all,I have set screen time restrictions on my grandsons pc,my question is,if I set screen time from say 15.00 untill 22.00,which is 7 hours,but he doesn`t go on pc untill say 18.00,does screen time still end at 22.00 or max time set of 7 hours take presedence which means...
  3. Child`s screen time settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child`s screen time settings: Hi all,I have set screen time restrictions on my grandsons pc,my question is,if I set screen time from say 15.00 untill 22.00,which is 7 hours,but he doesn`t go on pc untill say 18.00,does screen time still end at 22.00 or max time set of 7 hours take presedence which means...
  4. Checking Remaining Screen Time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Remaining Screen Time: Lately, while I've been gaming, I am unable to check my screen time since I don't know how to. I used to be able to check my remaining screen time on Windows 10, but I've switched over to Windows 11. Whenever I'm gaming, I would get a pop up saying I have less than fifteen...
  5. Checking Remaining Screen Time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking Remaining Screen Time: Lately, while I've been gaming, I am unable to check my screen time since I don't know how to. I used to be able to check my remaining screen time on Windows 10, but I've switched over to Windows 11. Whenever I'm gaming, I would get a pop up saying I have less than fifteen...
  6. Is there a way to view remaining screen time?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Is there a way to view remaining screen time?: My child has recently started using the family features of windows, and we have one question. Is there a way to check how much screen time is left, so we can plan around it?...
  7. As a parent, how do I see screen time remaining in family safety ??

As a parent, how do I see screen time remaining in family safety ??: This really shouldn't be that difficult, but I just can't find it. On the "Screen Time" page of family safety it says I can, "See how much time this family member has left for the day". Yet that information is visible nowhere on this page. What am I missing ?? Where can...
  8. How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account?

How can a parent view remaining time on a child's account?: How can I see remaining use time for a child's account? I have set up parental controls for a child's computer. I know how to change allowed time, and how to set up allowed hours. How do I see how much time the child has remaining at a given moment?...
  9. Though screen time is added child account remains loacked

Though screen time is added child account remains loacked: So I have applied child restriction on my younger sister's account. I initially applied them for 8 hrs a day but the laptop locked her out within those 8 hrs. So then I changed the time from 8hrs to 23 hrs a day and yet she is not able to log in her account. She has to attend...
  10. Screen time on child user account

Screen time on child user account: I just purchased a laptop with Windows 10 for the kids to do homework on and set up user and email accounts for each of them. I noticed however that whenever they try to open google chrome or start a zoom meeting with their teacher, they have a screen time request pop up...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check childs remaining screen time in family

2. remaining screen time

3. how to check remaining screen time windows 10