Windows 10: Child permissions not working for Among Us

Discus and support Child permissions not working for Among Us in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi, I've downloaded Among Us for my daughter. When she launches the App it asks to get Permission from an Adult to do it. I have then accepted this... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by IainNisbet1, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Child permissions not working for Among Us

Hi,

I've downloaded Among Us for my daughter. When she launches the App it asks to get Permission from an Adult to do it. I have then accepted this request and granted permission. When she goes back in though we get the same message again. I've checked the Content Restrictions section and all looks fine. Any suggestions on how to resolve?

Thanks for any help

Iain

:)

IainNisbet1, Jan 9, 2021

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Jan123 Win User
    Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Child permissions not working for Among Us

How did this get released before testing and why does it change all permissions without asking

Hi,

is the permission for the folders in your user profile shown as "read-only'?

If this is the case, I would suggest you to try these steps and check if they help:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    • This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later.
    Try these steps and let us know the results.

Bennet Martin, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Child permissions not working for Among Us

1. Child permissions not working for Among Us - Similar Threads - Child permissions working

2. mod among us

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mod among us: Je sais comment aller dans les fichier du jeux mais quand je glisse comme dans les vidéo les fichiers du mod d'among us et après je l'ouvre. Il n'y a rien est-ce normal j'ai télégargé le jeu sur microsoft store ?...
  3. mod among us

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mod among us: Je sais comment aller dans les fichier du jeux mais quand je glisse comme dans les vidéo les fichiers du mod d'among us et après je l'ouvre. Il n'y a rien est-ce normal j'ai télégargé le jeu sur microsoft store ?...
  4. Among Us not working or opening on Windows PC

in Windows 10 News
    Among Us not working or opening on Windows PC: [ATTACH]Among Us is one of the most popular games for today’s generation and if it stops working you can miss out on a lot of fun. Lucky for you, in this article, we will be seeing ways to fix Among Us not working or opening on Windows. Why is my Among Us game not opening?...
  5. Among us not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Among us not working: I have been trying to download among us because it deleted itself but when i try in microsoft store. It redirects to this app called gaming services https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/among-us-not-working/6650b017-f8ba-4b86-85dd-0c9f22cc86a8
  6. Among us mod install

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Among us mod install: i downloaded among us microsoft store how do i install mods https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/among-us-mod-install/7d765544-d394-47a8-b450-8ee7e8cb0970
  7. Among Us

Among Us: How can I install mods onto among us from the Microsoft Store? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/among-us/9a5c049f-69b5-4e5d-a7d4-0cda217bcdc7
  8. Among us

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Among us: i downloaded Among us on my PC every time is press play this comes out : Among Us is currently not available in your account. Here’s the error code, in case you need it: 0x803F8001 not sure what to do to help ??...
  9. Among Us On Microsoft Store

Among Us On Microsoft Store: I would like to get the pet pack on the microsoft store but have the steam version of among us. Will it install to the game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/among-us-on-microsoft-store/e61ee4c4-16e2-418b-8b6c-0779283b2bb5
  10. Among Us Refund not working

Among Us Refund not working: Whenever I try to refund a game called Among Us it says something along the lines of "It's an issue on our end" and it's frustrating. I've been trying to refund this game for like 4 days now and the issue keeps appearing. I have previously submitted a refund request but it...