Windows 10: child removed from family group

Discus and support child removed from family group in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by wjquigs, May 26, 2023.

1. wjquigs Win User

child removed from family group

My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone logged into his account, although it does not appear there is anything else wrong.

:)

wjquigs, May 26, 2023
  2. Amaira M Win User

Unable to remove child account from Family

I am the family organizer & there is just one member in the family besides me i.e. my child. I am unable to remove my child's (age: 11) account from family. It gives below error (after step 3).

You can't remove Ami from the family. Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted Ami consent to remove Ami from the family group.

Steps followed:

1. Log into Microsoft Family Safety
    2. Select 3 dots on the top right of child's card & select "Remove from family group"
    3. A dialog appears for final confirmation. Select Remove.
    If I am the family organizer why can't I remove it?

Why does it say "Only the adult that granted consent for Ami can remove this family member"? Who else other than me granted consent? How can I find it out?

How can I remove my child's account from family?

My child cannot remove herself from the family group as well. She logged into Microsoft Family Safety but doesn't see the option to exit the group. Actually, I want her to join a different family group but it's not allowed since she is already a member of a current family group. Until she leaves her current family group she can't join a new one.

Amaira M, May 26, 2023
  3. Microsoft Family - Child can remove themselves from the family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues with Microsoft Family group.

Usually, when you add a Child account to Family group, the child account will not be able to remove themselves from the Family. Only the Adult account can remove the Child account from the family.

One of the possibilities that I can think of is that the Child account was added as an Adult account by mistake and that could be the reason your Child was able to remove him/her from the Family.

I would suggest you to try adding the Child account once again to the Family Group and see if the Child has an option to quit the Family group. Refer the article

Add members to your family group

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 26, 2023
Thema:

child removed from family group

1. child removed from family group - Similar Threads - child removed family

2. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  3. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  4. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  5. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  6. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  7. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  8. Can't remove child from Family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...
  9. Can't remove child from Family group

Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...
  10. Can't remove child from Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety