Windows 10: Child screen time request EMAILS

Discus and support Child screen time request EMAILS in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Please create an option to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by KenPartell, Nov 29, 2020.

1. Child screen time request EMAILS

Please create an option to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the Xbox family app to grant requests. Having to delete these emails in both of our accounts creates sn extra task when parents have limited time already.

:)

KenPartell, Nov 29, 2020

2. Family screen time sending "Can <child> have more screen time?" requests to wrong email address

I have a Family set up with screen time limits for a child. Last night, they wanted more Minecraft time, so they clicked the "Request more time" button in Windows 10. I didn't receive an email.

I got into work this morning and found that the email had been sent to my work email address, not my home email address.

Previously, I had both email addresses registered with my Microsoft account. However, I have since removed my work email address from my Microsoft account. I can't even find a reference to it anywhere on the Microsoft account page.

Questions:

• How is it that the screen time requests are going to an email address that is no longer part of my account?
    • How can I adjust what email address the screen time requests are going to?

Mag Roader, Nov 29, 2020
  3. IngridkW Win User
    No time request email coming from child account

We have 2 issues.

My child has tried to send me an email request for more time on his PC and I have not received any of the emails. This has happened at least 5 times now.

When I have attempted to go into our family account and change his screen time limits, it is not updating his new time. How can we resolve these issues?

IngridkW, Nov 29, 2020
  4. murmancy Win User

Child screen time request EMAILS

Child request to extend screen time not received. Child locked out of computer.

I recently included my other child in our Microsoft Family and now my other child, which was first in the family, can't log in. The computer screen says "time is up". When asks for more screen time the notice says that a request was sent but I don't receive
    a request even after numerous attempts.

I've also:

1. Removed child from the family. Then removed the other as well. Add child as a user outside of the family. Windows does not seem to recognize that the child has been removed as it still says "times up" and asks that a request be sent.

2. Re-add child (only the one child) but still I'm not able to receive a screen time extension.

3. Disabled screen time limits. Still not working as it should. Still receive notice to request an extension.

Any ideas? It seems that the accounts changes don't sync with the computer. Not entirely sure that adding the other child caused the issue but it started to not work once or just a little after this happened.

Thank you

murmancy, Nov 29, 2020
Thema:

Child screen time request EMAILS

1. Child screen time request EMAILS - Similar Threads - Child screen request

2. Request more time - no emails received

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Request more time - no emails received: So I created a family group, my wife is added as a parent + administrator the same status as mine. We can check what our kid is watching, playing, how much, limits, etc, everything works fine.... but not emails.Whenever my kid's time is over and he sends request for more, I...
  3. Request more time - no emails received

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Request more time - no emails received: So I created a family group, my wife is added as a parent + administrator the same status as mine. We can check what our kid is watching, playing, how much, limits, etc, everything works fine.... but not emails.Whenever my kid's time is over and he sends request for more, I...
  4. Turn off screen time email requests

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Turn off screen time email requests: Is there a way to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the Xbox family app to grant requests. Having to delete these emails in both of our accounts creates sn extra task when parents have...
  5. My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time

My child account cannot be logged in the log in screen and cannot request for time: My microsoft family account is having issues because it is unable to be revised or requested for time as my child cannot login to her account because when she requests for more time it will say oops something went wrong. Please make sure you are connected to the internet when...
  6. Child time limits - how to request more time in advance

Child time limits - how to request more time in advance: Hi there, im using time limits for my sons windows 10 machine and it works fine. He has one hour a day and when it runs out he is able to request more time as he needs it. The problem i am having is how he can ask for more time in advance? so whats happening is this:...
  7. Screen time repeated requests?

Screen time repeated requests?: Why is it possible for my son to re-request additional screen time when I have turned down his first request? When my son has about 15 minutes left of the allotted screen time he receives a pop-up enabling him to request more time. If I grant his request he gets more time...
  8. Child cannot request more screen time/changes do not take effect

Child cannot request more screen time/changes do not take effect: For the last week, I haven't been able to change my child's screen time limits. No matter what I do, it only allows him 2 hours per day, which is what I have it set to as a default. Even if I adjust the start/stop times or the amount of time each day in my family settings, it...
  9. Child request for more screen time no longer works

Child request for more screen time no longer works: I have my son's laptop set up with screen time limits. When he runs low, he requests more screen time from his laptop and I receive the request via email. In the past, I could approve more screen time via that email message and he'd receive it. For the past month or so,...
  10. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...