Windows 10: Child Time limits not working

Discus and support Child Time limits not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule It does log his time, which I can see... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CinBrandon, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Child Time limits not working

My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule

It does log his time, which I can see when I look at his activity tab. His account is also not blocking apps that it is supposed to block. For instance, his activity log shows how many hours he was on Chrome, but then on the "Content Restrictions" tab, it shows that Chrome is supposed to be blocked.

- I have followed the steps on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026901/microsoft-account-fix-screen-time-limits-not-working

- Windows is up to date

- His account is logged in. And it has been verified.

- I have searched many other threads, forums, etc.

:)

CinBrandon, Jun 1, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jun 1, 2019
  3. time limits not working on child account

I have two children, each with their own Microsoft account. My older child's account works just as it should, but the time limits my younger child's account spontaneously turn off. I tried calling Microsoft support, but they were unable to resolve the
    problem (or speak English clearly). My account password is currently 22 characters long, I change it often, and I have 2 step verification, so I'm pretty sure my kid is not hacking in and turning it off. I also checked recent account activity and it showed
    no log in to my account when the time limits turn off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? were you able to resolve it?

nameididnotwant, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Child Time limits not working

Child time limits not working

I set up, and verified, my son's child account under Windows 10. I set the time limit for 2 hours use between 8AM to 830 pm.

It does not work. He is able to stay on for over2 hours and outside the time limits.

The computer is a a Lenovo Desktop.

What do I need to do to get this problem corrected?

TomPisciotta, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Child Time limits not working

1. Child Time limits not working - Similar Threads - Child limits working

2. Screen Time Limits not working!

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Screen Time Limits not working!: Screen time limits for my children will not respond to any changes made. When they check their devices, it tells them that normal screen time will resume at 6:00am. Their limits are between the hours of 7:00am-10:00pm, and the time is always Blocked until they earn their...
  3. Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Family PC locked out due to time limit on childs account - unable to reset: My child installed a cross platform game from xbox to windows 10 pc. apparently this brought the pc into his account and applied the time limits to the pc. now that his time has expired, we are unable to bypass the restrictions on the PC to get into the account. i have...
  4. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Time allotments for child request more screen time: Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?) 30 minutes 1 hour 2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This...
  5. Time limits, Microsoft family

Time limits, Microsoft family: We have Microsoft family and my dad set screen time limits for my games. I think I sometimes get less time than it is expected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/time-limits-microsoft-family/39fb731d-7171-4366-8212-ecef5cfef999"
  6. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...
  7. Time Limits

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Time Limits: I want to set time limits on my xbox for my sons. Is it possible to remotely shut down the xbox on certain days/hours. I want to be able to limit their time on COD and Fornite. So can I shut down say every school day from 3-7pm and after 11pm at night. Thanks...
  8. ERROR 80720251 CHILD SCREEN TIME

ERROR 80720251 CHILD SCREEN TIME: Hello, so yesterday I tried to log in into my computer and screen locked because of the screen time. So the thing is that I haven't set any Parent Control and I don't know what the hell is going on. If I send request it's not helping at all because I don't even know who am I...
  9. Time limited exceeded

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Time limited exceeded: I have time set for my son on Xbox (only) the activity report shows regular amounts of time in excess of the limit for the day, including days where it is 100% blocked. The process does work sometimes as I get extra time requests occasionally. Son agrees that on at least one...
  10. Child can't log in "Time's up"

Child can't log in "Time's up": A while ago I grounded my son and blocked access to the pc all day, everyday. A couple weeks ago I logged into the family safety website and gave him back permission to log on, It never allowed him back on. I thought it might take a few minutes or hours to sync the new time...