Windows 10: Child Time limits not working

Discus and support Child Time limits not working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule It does log his time, which I can see... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by CinBrandon, Jun 1, 2019.

1. Child Time limits not working

My child's account is not blocking after time limits or based on time of day, as it is entered into the schedule

It does log his time, which I can see when I look at his activity tab. His account is also not blocking apps that it is supposed to block. For instance, his activity log shows how many hours he was on Chrome, but then on the "Content Restrictions" tab, it shows that Chrome is supposed to be blocked.

- I have followed the steps on this page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026901/microsoft-account-fix-screen-time-limits-not-working

- Windows is up to date

- His account is logged in. And it has been verified.

- I have searched many other threads, forums, etc.

:)

CinBrandon, Jun 1, 2019

2. time limits in family not working

Hi Barbara,

We would like to know more details about your concern about the Family Safety time limit that is not working so we can better assist you. Kindly answer the following:

• Does it happen only with particular child account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we would suggest that you refer to this
    support link
    on how to set up screen time limits for your child.

We look forward to your response.

Marilou Ser, Jun 1, 2019
  3. time limits not working on child account

I have two children, each with their own Microsoft account. My older child's account works just as it should, but the time limits my younger child's account spontaneously turn off. I tried calling Microsoft support, but they were unable to resolve the
    problem (or speak English clearly). My account password is currently 22 characters long, I change it often, and I have 2 step verification, so I'm pretty sure my kid is not hacking in and turning it off. I also checked recent account activity and it showed
    no log in to my account when the time limits turn off. Has anyone else experienced this problem? were you able to resolve it?

nameididnotwant, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Child Time limits not working

Child time limits not working

I set up, and verified, my son's child account under Windows 10. I set the time limit for 2 hours use between 8AM to 830 pm.

It does not work. He is able to stay on for over2 hours and outside the time limits.

The computer is a a Lenovo Desktop.

What do I need to do to get this problem corrected?

TomPisciotta, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

Child Time limits not working

1. Child Time limits not working - Similar Threads - Child limits working

2. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  3. Family Safety does not limit my child’s time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Family Safety does not limit my child’s time: I don’t know what to do. It just never works. I’ve updated everything, but it just doesn’t limit his time. He has 0 minutes for a day and it shows 0 minutes used in the app, but does not prevent him from logging in or using the PC....
  4. Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account: Hi,I seem to have made a terrible mistake this evening...Earlier this evening I played Minecraft with my son using my daughter’s account We have two separate licences of Minecraft for our kids. When she wanted her computer back I thought I just logged in to her account on my...
  5. Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Child time limit applies to adult Microsoft account: Hi,I seem to have made a terrible mistake this evening...Earlier this evening I played Minecraft with my son using my daughter’s account We have two separate licences of Minecraft for our kids. When she wanted her computer back I thought I just logged in to her account on my...
  6. Child screen time limit over-logging.

Child screen time limit over-logging.: My child is consistently logging more than 24hrs per day screen time Recent Activity / Screen Time which rather calls into question the reliability of the screen time measurement. He is limited from 6:30 am until 7 pm with a maximum of 8hrs Screen Time settings yet by 7:30 am...
  7. Child time limits - how to request more time in advance

Child time limits - how to request more time in advance: Hi there, im using time limits for my sons windows 10 machine and it works fine. He has one hour a day and when it runs out he is able to request more time as he needs it. The problem i am having is how he can ask for more time in advance? so whats happening is this:...
  8. Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.

Screen time limit block the child before "Time Limit" reached.: I have child account in my family group and I found that "Time Limit" end in less time then defined. Now it's define for 6hr. Usage show 5:35 only and account is blocked. By time window usage allowed also. Device limits What can cause it?...
  9. My child is getting around Screen Time limits

My child is getting around Screen Time limits: A quick look on the internet describes several ways a child can disable parental control on-screen time. Such as going to Task Manager and deleting the "Family Control". This gives my child unlimited access to screen time... There is a YouTube tutorial on this method! If...
  10. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...