Windows 10: Child to Adult acct

Discus and support Child to Adult acct in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I accidently set up my husband's account as a "child" account. How can I change this? I simply was added him to my family so that he could have his... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by PriscillaMaldonado, Mar 8, 2021.

1. Child to Adult acct

I accidently set up my husband's account as a "child" account. How can I change this?

I simply was added him to my family so that he could have his own login to my computer.

Help

:)

PriscillaMaldonado, Mar 8, 2021

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Mar 8, 2021
  3. Attrition Win User
    Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Mar 8, 2021
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Child to Adult acct

converting adult account to child account

Hi,

We would like to verify some information so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Have you converted the existing adult account to a child account before trying to create a new one?
    • Or, were you on the process of converting the adult account to a child account when you got the error message?
    We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Mar 8, 2021
Thema:

Child to Adult acct

1. Child to Adult acct - Similar Threads - Child Adult acct

2. Child account for an Adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  3. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child account for an Adult: I was an idiot in 2018 when I created my Microsoft account and put my date of birth as the year I bought the laptop instead of the year of my actual birth in my haste to log into my pc. Now with the family settings and my account as a child account I cannot use it. My partner...
  4. Child account for an Adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Child account to Adult?

Child account to Adult?: Hi, I am trying to attach my Xbox account to my Epic Games account for my Rocket League rewards, but it won't let me. After contacting Rocket League's support team, they told me the error code I am receiving is related to my account being a child account. My birthday is...
  6. Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...

Removing Child Microsoft Account from Adult Parent Account and make Child Account an Adult...: Hi, Several years ago when making an Xbox account for the first time, I had to have my dad create a parent Microsoft account to help manage my profile. The years have passed and I am now a 21 year old adult. However, my Microsoft account and therefore Xbox account does...
  7. Reset child's password - not adults!

Reset child's password - not adults!: Hi there, So my little one can access her school work during this coronavirus crisis, I've dutifully set her up with her own email account - that now appears on my family section. However, I instantly forgot her accounts password and want to reset this - the form that I've...
  8. Changing an adult account into a child account

Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  9. Child to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child to adult: I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-to-adult/930eca1b-6c5f-4b17-86db-79913ecc99e0
  10. Change child administrator to adult

Change child administrator to adult: We made my son the administrator on his pc, however because of his birthday (he's 9) it will not allow him to do much. He can't watch youtube at all, and whenever we try to install a program, for instance, I bought Adobe Animate for him and tried to install it, but it...