Windows 10: Child to adult

Discus and support Child to adult in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alana Gentry, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Child to adult

I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it?

:)

Alana Gentry, Apr 23, 2019

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Attrition Win User
    Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Child to adult

converting adult account to child account

Hi,

We would like to verify some information so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Have you converted the existing adult account to a child account before trying to create a new one?
    • Or, were you on the process of converting the adult account to a child account when you got the error message?
    We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Child to adult

1. Child to adult - Similar Threads - Child adult

2. Changing password on child's account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing password on child's account: I have Windows 10 and we lost the password for my child. She has never sent or received an email and the phone number we originally linked to the account has been disconnected. We have no way to retrieve a password with one of the options provided. We cannot complete the...
  3. How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions

How To Change Adult Account to Child Account - Need To Set Restrictions: Right this is now stressing us out I have had my own Microsoft Account for years. However when we got our son his XBOX One we used my Microsoft Account which of course is the Adult Account to set him up on his new XBOX One and away he went. Now he is getting older he is...
  4. Remove my own child account from an adult account

Remove my own child account from an adult account: I am 17 years old and got a new laptop for my birthday. Signed into my Microsoft account and noticed under "Family" that I am listed as a child under a person that is not my parent. How do I remove myself from their adult account so that they can't control my restrictions and...
  5. Change child administrator to adult

Change child administrator to adult: We made my son the administrator on his pc, however because of his birthday (he's 9) it will not allow him to do much. He can't watch youtube at all, and whenever we try to install a program, for instance, I bought Adobe Animate for him and tried to install it, but it...
  6. How We Can Transform a Child account To Adult account?

How We Can Transform a Child account To Adult account?: How? As Before We Upgrade to Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-we-can-transform-a-child-account-to-adult/b3612307-cbbb-41b9-a6e8-d10d29204b94"
  7. How do I change which adult users get activity reports for my child?

How do I change which adult users get activity reports for my child?: We have 3 adults (me, my wife, and my sister), and my 2 children in our family account. I would like my children's activity report sent to just my wife and I, but I can't find where to manage who gets the activity reports. Thanks, Marty...
  8. When you delete a child a account, does the child account automatically become an adult...

When you delete a child a account, does the child account automatically become an adult...: How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something? I accidentally made my main account a child account, it is really irritating, although I...
  9. How to change a child account to an adult account?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to change a child account to an adult account?: My account is set as a child account and i want to change it to an adult account but i don't know how. On other posts i saw you have to wait till the birth date is 18+ or something but it is set as the year 1979. Btw i play on pc not xbox 360 or one. Please help!...
  10. Does a child account automatically become an adult account?

Does a child account automatically become an adult account?: How does a child account become a normal adult account? Is this something that happens automatically at a certain age? Or do I as head family account holder have to initiate something? The reason I ask is because trying to use Edge on a child account is proving tiresome....