Windows 10: Child to adult

Discus and support Child to adult in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Alana Gentry, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Child to adult

I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it?

:)

Alana Gentry, Apr 23, 2019

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, Apr 24, 2019
  3. Attrition Win User
    Changing a Microsoft account from an (incorrectly entered) adult birthdate to the correct child's birthdate

The links provided in the above response pertain to an account which is already setup as a child. That is not my situation.

My issue is going from an ADULT account to a CHILD account. Currently, the account is setup (incorrectly) as an adult account. I would like to update the birthdate to reflect that this is a child account.

This is an easy scenario to test:

• Setup a new Microsoft account with a birthdate that makes you an adult.
    • Log off and then log back in
    • Go to your profile and attempt to change the birth date to make you a child.
    • The system will prevent you from making this change.
    Any suggestions?

Attrition, Apr 24, 2019
  4. Liezl Fal Win User

Child to adult

converting adult account to child account

Hi,

We would like to verify some information so we can properly isolate the issue.

• Have you converted the existing adult account to a child account before trying to create a new one?
    • Or, were you on the process of converting the adult account to a child account when you got the error message?
    We will wait for your reply.

Regards.

Liezl Fal, Apr 24, 2019
Thema:

Child to adult

1. Child to adult - Similar Threads - Child adult

2. Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult: Hello,I'm trying to setup Family. One child 14 already had a MS account in which he set his D.O.B. so he was 26. I had him change his D.O.B. to be correct and now shows him as 14 on his MS account profile page.It still does not show him as a child in Family however. He has...
  3. Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family App- Child's Account showing as Adult: Hello,I'm trying to setup Family. One child 14 already had a MS account in which he set his D.O.B. so he was 26. I had him change his D.O.B. to be correct and now shows him as 14 on his MS account profile page.It still does not show him as a child in Family however. He has...
  4. how to turn off child account when adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    how to turn off child account when adult: i am an adult now and i still have to ask permission for literally everything, this is my personal computer and i use it for work. but i cant do anything because im "not an adult" i need this fixed before i fail. it always ask b to ask for permission and i know that the main...
  5. how to turn off child account when adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to turn off child account when adult: i am an adult now and i still have to ask permission for literally everything, this is my personal computer and i use it for work. but i cant do anything because im "not an adult" i need this fixed before i fail. it always ask b to ask for permission and i know that the main...
  6. how to turn off child account when adult

7. How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?

How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?: It is as the description says!Your advisers are so poor at dealing with these issues, it's not funny. I've scoured the internet for solutions and none have come up. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to change my god damn age when I'm trying to pay into your Skype...
  8. How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?: It is as the description says!Your advisers are so poor at dealing with these issues, it's not funny. I've scoured the internet for solutions and none have come up. Why does Microsoft make it so difficult to change my god damn age when I'm trying to pay into your Skype...
  9. How do I, an ADULT, change my incorrect age from a child to an adult?

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. I can listed as an child when i am an adult, how do i edit?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can listed as an child when i am an adult, how do i edit?: Hi,I curently have to account one thru my mobile and one thru my email address. Email address is listed as a child. How do edit this to correct DOB or delete and add to my adult / adminstrator account....