Windows 10: Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting

Discus and support Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,My 13 year child is able to switch off activity reporting. This seems like a bug, as I would have thought that children should not be able to do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by IbnMSDN, Oct 4, 2021.

1. IbnMSDN Win User

Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting

Hi,My 13 year child is able to switch off activity reporting. This seems like a bug, as I would have thought that children should not be able to do this.

:)

IbnMSDN, Oct 4, 2021

2. Family activity report

Hi Javier,

There are ways on how to manage activity reporting for your child. To configure your account settings, here are the steps:

• Go to the account.microsoft.com/family site at Microsoft on any PC
    • Then sign-in
    • Open Settings
    • Tap on the Accounts icon
    • Click on Family and other users on the left side
    • Chose Manage family settings online
    • Check recent activity link for the child's account

Turn On and Manage Activity Reporting for Child

• Click on Recent activity on the left side, and turn on Activity reporting.
    • Check or uncheck to Email weekly reports to me for what you want.
    • Under Web browsing, Apps and games etc., you can view your child's recent activity for each one, tap on Change settings
    • Then set allowed times to manage them, and to block any apps and games.

To Turn Off Activity Reporting for your Child, just tap on Recent activity on the left side, and turn off Activity reporting on the right side.

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Oct 4, 2021
  3. Child Activity Report

Hello Tareq,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your account or to your computer prior to this?
    • Which email address did you use when you've set up the Family Safety?

To make sure, I suggest that your follow these steps and see if it helps:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/family
      and sign in with your Microsoft account.
    • Find your child's name and select Activity.
    • If Activity reporting is turned Off, use the switch to turn it
      On.

Note: If you don't want to get weekly activity reports in your email, but still want to see your child's online activity, switch Email me weekly reports from On to Off.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Oct 4, 2021
  4. Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting

Microsoft Family not reporting activity. Some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

You may answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

1. Which browser are you using to log in to the MS Family?

2. Have you installed all the pending updates on the PC?

3. When is your child’s/children’s account added to your adult Microsoft account?

However, I suggest you to turn off then turn on the settings for activity reporting to refresh the configuration. Here are the steps:

1. Login to the parent account in Outlook – free personal email and calendar from Microsoft.

2. Under the child name, click Edit Settings.

3. Select Activity reporting.

4. Tick the circle beside Turn off activity reporting.

5. Click Save.

6. Go back to the same settings and tick Turn on activity reporting.

7. Click Save.

Article for Reference:

See your child's device use with activity reports:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12441

In addition, you can visit this link: Fix family activity reporting in Windows 10 for more workarounds regarding this issue.

Fix family activity reporting for Windows 10

We’re looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Oct 4, 2021
Thema:

Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting

1. Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting - Similar Threads - Child turning off

2. Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting: Hi,My 13 year child is able to switch off activity reporting. This seems like a bug, as I would have thought that children should not be able to do this....
  3. Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child turning off Microsoft Family activity reporting: Hi,My 13 year child is able to switch off activity reporting. This seems like a bug, as I would have thought that children should not be able to do this....
  4. Microsoft Family Activity Reporting and History not staying turned on

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Family Activity Reporting and History not staying turned on: Hi, In the Microsoft Family I created, I am the organizer and there are 3 members. When I turn on Activity Reporting and History on the Member's site, it shows that it's on, but when I switch accounts to my account, it says, "This family member has turned off activity...
  5. microsoft family not reporting activity

microsoft family not reporting activity: just recently set up Microsoft family, and it is not reporting activity to the parent's device. I have looked all day at forums and tried everything they suggest, yet there has been none to work. I have done these on both computers in the family. the screen time and app...
  6. Child Turning Off Activity Reporting

Child Turning Off Activity Reporting: Dear Community, How do I stop my 15 year old son from turning off Activity Reporting on my Windows 10 computer? He has to log into his own account on the computer and he does not know the password to my Administrator account. I got an automated email informing me that...
  7. Microsoft Family - Turn off CC to child's email for Weekly Activity Report

Microsoft Family - Turn off CC to child's email for Weekly Activity Report: I don't want to disable my child's email, but I do want to stop them being cc'd with the activity reports. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-turn-off-cc-to-childs-email-for/94d1cb5c-adf2-4068-9e30-6917bb95d6cf"
  8. Microsoft Family - Turn off CC to child's email for Weekly Activity Report

Microsoft Family - Turn off CC to child's email for Weekly Activity Report: My child is CC'd on the Weekly Activity Report emails. How can I disable this? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-family-turn-off-cc-to-childs-email-for/d9c26378-e90e-43e4-82e5-95aa27296e2e"
  9. no reported activity on Microsoft Family

no reported activity on Microsoft Family: I cannot see any activity reporting when I log in Microsoft Family. I receive a message that ‘some settings on your child's device don't allow activity reporting’. It also ask me to ensure that the level for Diagnostic Data is set to Enhanced or Full. But, as I see, this...
  10. Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member: How to: Turn On or Off Ask a Parent for Microsoft Family Child Member How to Turn On or Off Ask a Parent before buying stuff in Microsoft Store for Microsoft Family Child Member One of the many benefits of having a Microsoft account is a family group, which gives you...