Windows 10: Child unable to login to laptop

Discus and support Child unable to login to laptop in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My son has a new laptop and set it up with his Microsoft account. He was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine. He is a part of my... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JillianPatterson1, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Child unable to login to laptop

My son has a new laptop and set it up with his Microsoft account. He was the only user and thus the administrator for the machine.

He is a part of my Microsoft family and we have screen time settings in place. I have never had a problem restricting and/or allowing access to screen time on other devices.

I have removed all screen time restrictions, rebooted his laptop and even tried removing him from the family and then adding him back, but when he tries to login he gets "Time's up! This device is locked because of your family settings for screen time. You need to ask an adult if you want more time today." He is unable to send a request for more time because "Something went wrong We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the internet?" and yes, we are connected to the internet Clicking "my parent is here" brings up a choice of "Grant more screen time" yes / no. Clicking yes brings up "An error has occurred Since you are an administrator on this device, you'll need to send a request for more screen time." Clicking switch users or turn off PC takes us back to the login page and my son is the only user on the computer. If we click control/alt/delete and go to the task manager from the "Time's up" page, it goes right back to the "Time's up" page.

Because we are not able to login to the computer, we are not able to add users, switch administrative privileges to an adult, or run the troubleshooter.

This is a brand new laptop purchased to start high school and we now can't even log in to it.

I have called Microsoft tech support and run through the issue with 3 different people who have all put me on hold and then hung up on me and not bothered to call me back despite having my phone number.

Please help!!

:)

JillianPatterson1, Jan 19, 2020

2. Child can not log in to windows 10 laptop anymore

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

I suggest you to check if check if you are able to login online using the Child account. I suggest you to change the password for the child account by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts and check if the password is changed.
    • Login with the new password and check if it helps.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Jan123 Win User

Child unable to login to laptop

Child Account Get Greyed Out

Thanks for the suggestion, but I did the following instead.

I have another laptop, 2 weeks old, with Windows 10 Home on it.

On that one, I tried the same steps with the child account, and got the exact same results.

Jan123, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

Child unable to login to laptop

1. Child unable to login to laptop - Similar Threads - Child unable login

2. Unable to login

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to login: I tried to login but system says " We can't sign in to your account " . I asked Tech support executive to resolve unfortunately they went off the screen . I made another Admin account and working . My question is How to get back to original account or get back all my...
  3. Unable to login my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to login my laptop: I'm unable to login my laptop. Every time it will show sign-in options below the text field but now I cannot see that option and it's asking only password. I used to login my laptop with a PIN but now it's not accepting the PIN and asking only for password but I didn't set...
  4. Can not access child laptop

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can not access child laptop: I can not access child laptop with windows 10 that has parental control active. Usually child sends request to access but now the laptop says can't connect. But it has wifi access. Also child account is admin account for that computer Is it possible to get in some how?...
  5. Unable to login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to login: Hello my name is Ben and i have a problem with my gaming laptop which has Windows 10 installed. When I booted up, there was an update so I was like “I’ll wait it”. After the update when I arrived at the password screen, I entered my password but strangely, it states that my...
  6. Unable to login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to login: I enabled the diagnostic startup in msconfig. I rebooted my system now i can't login. Everyone i try it says that the password is incorrect. I tried safe mode safe mode with networking (wifi ethernet unavailable) which also eventually good to the login page. When I tried the...
  7. unable to login

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    unable to login: unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-login/d0c06eac-86a6-4db8-be18-5db6bb2dc036
  8. unable to login

unable to login: my pc has multi os one day my pc ran in problem(continuous beep with blank screen) and I found that is software problem I rebuilded using CMD (bootrec.exe/rebuildbcd) now its fine but I want to delete other os in pc so I delete using(msconifg->selected os and delete) except...
  9. Unable to login

Unable to login: I accidently disabled all services in msconfig and restarted my pc in an attempt to solve my windows update issues, and now I'm no longer prompted to login whenever I reach the login menu...
  10. Unable to Login

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to Login: I have Asus windows10 Home laptop. I t was windows 8 laptop upgraded to windows 10 home. Yesterday I did updates to my laptop. Still I could start my laptop yesterday. But today neither I could sign in using my PIN or password. Al;ways I get message "Security policies on...