Windows 10: Child Website Permissions Not Working

Discus and support Child Website Permissions Not Working in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello to All I have my daughter using a PC with my monitoring through microsoft family security. To be honest its always been a fragile piece of... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by TheBlue-Kite, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Child Website Permissions Not Working

Hello to All

I have my daughter using a PC with my monitoring through microsoft family security.

To be honest its always been a fragile piece of software, which given its importance is disappointing.

However, now its just refusing to work.

I've been trying to add some websites to her list for access. It doesn't work, time and again, whether I respond to the email requests, or do it manually through my access through account.microsoft.com.

They are listed there under web browsing on the 'always allowed' area, but trying to enter the website on the daughter's laptop just means yet another demand that she request for adult permission.

It is indeed very frustrating.

PS: Laptop is fully updated,

:)

TheBlue-Kite, Oct 21, 2020

2. No permissions

Hi,

I would suggest you to right click on the user's folder for your profile and check if the permissions shows as "read only'. If this is the case, it might be causing the issue. In this case, I would suggest you to go to C:\User folder, right click on the
    folder with your username and follow these steps:

• Open the properties of the main user profile folder where the files are located (such as Documents, Pictures, etc).
    • Go to the Security tab and click Advanced.
    • Check the box at the bottom of this window. It is labeled "Replace all child object permissions with inheritable permissions from this object" and then click Ok.
    This does a one-time action that replaces the security on all the files/subfolders. It’s one-time, so you won’t find that box checked if you peek at it later. Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Oct 21, 2020
  3. SusanJQ Win User
    My child can't access websites that are on the allowed list

I have listed all of the websites my child needs for school on the "Allowed list" However, she continually gets the "ask for permission" screen. I grant her permission, but it, just pops up "ask for permission." The only way around it is to let her
    do her homework using my account.

SusanJQ, Oct 21, 2020
  4. RuskinF Win User

Child Website Permissions Not Working

Internet Websites

How to manage your child’s browsing on Chrome
    1. Open the Family Link app.
    2. Select your child.
    3. On the Settings card, tap Manage settings and then Filters on Google Chrome.
    4. Choose the setting that’s right for your family:
      • Allow all sites: Your child will be able to visit all sites, except the ones you block.
      • Try to block mature sites: No filter is perfect, but this should help hide sexually explicit and violent sites.
      • Only allow certain sites: Your child will only be able to visit the sites you allow.
      • Tap Manage sites to manually allow or block certain sites. You can also manage this setting by clicking on your child's name at families.google.com.

How to block or allow certain sites
    2. Select your child.
    3. On the Settings card, tap Manage settings and then Filters on Google Chrome.
    4. Tap Manage sites and then Approved or Blocked.
    5. In the bottom right corner, tap Add an exception.
    6. Add a website or domain.
    7. In the top left, tap Close.

How to change website permission settings
    You can decide whether your child can give site permissions to websites they visit, including permission to use location, camera, and notifications.

2. Select your child.
    3. On the "Settings" card, tap Manage settings.
    4. Tap Filters on Google Chrome and then Chrome dashboard.
    5. Turn Permissions for sites and apps on or off. You can also manage this setting by clicking on your child's name on the Chrome dashboard.

When "Permissions for sites and apps" is off, children won't be able to grant permissions to websites. However, permissions they already granted will still be in place.

How to access Chrome’s browser history

1. On your child's device, open the Chrome app.
    2. Tap More and then History. This page shows your child's recent Chrome history.

RuskinF, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Child Website Permissions Not Working

1. Child Website Permissions Not Working - Similar Threads - Child Website Permissions

2. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  3. Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Blocking websites from child access- Websites are still connecting on child account: I am setting up parental controls and am finding websites I've added to the blocked list are still accessible when searched. How do I fix this issue?...
  4. Child permissions not working for Among Us

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child permissions not working for Among Us: Hi, I've downloaded Among Us for my daughter. When she launches the App it asks to get Permission from an Adult to do it. I have then accepted this request and granted permission. When she goes back in though we get the same message again. I've checked the Content...
  5. PERMISSIONS Issue - Developing Websites on Windows

in Windows 10 Support
    PERMISSIONS Issue - Developing Websites on Windows: Hi, it's a bit of an odd forum to post this on but as it seems to be a Windows - permissions issue - I thought I'd give it a shot. I'm having issues with developing websites locally....something must have changed permissions in the back end because now whenever I try to...
  6. Microsoft Family Website Permissions

Microsoft Family Website Permissions: After "Allowing" access to website, child is still unable to access and is repeatedly notified that they must request permission to visit the site. Despite repeated attempts, access is not provided despite being "Allowed". How can I provide my child access to the following...
  7. Child Account Allowed websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Child Account Allowed websites: I have successfully set up my child's account with a number of allowed websites. for expample, one of them is a school resource and he can login to the main page OK. However, if he clicks on any links within that website, he is blocked and has to ask for permission to view...
  8. "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

"Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child: I asked this question and got no solution yet. Can someone from microsoft support please help me with this. Here is the post of my original post, as its locked now, not able to reply there so writing new question here....
  9. "Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child

"Block inappropriate websites" is not working at all for child: Hello, I created new microsoft account and created a child account under family, paid 0.50 and its verified and child account has been created successfully. I have windows 10 laptop. Added microsoft account info under accounts. Now I want to block all\any the adult...
  10. Microsoft Family Child Permissions

Microsoft Family Child Permissions: I want to block Google Hangouts which has an address of hangouts.google.com But my child needs access to Google Docs which has an address of google.com/drive My question is can I block certain sites in google.com but allow others? Thanks! Larry...