Windows 10: Childproof - Blocking website

Discus and support Childproof - Blocking website in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; a way to block just one website so no-one can access it without a password?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JohnMcGuire4, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Childproof - Blocking website

a way to block just one website so no-one can access it without a password?

:)

JohnMcGuire4, Jan 18, 2019
  2. copiman Win User

How to Block Websites

I have googled a bit and found software that can be used to block websites on a computer. I also found another way by using Windows which I would prefer. My problem is I must be doing something wrong. Here is the site that has the steps.
    How to block websites | PCWorld

Here is what happens when I perform step 6. I am the administrator by the way.

Childproof - Blocking website [​IMG]

Any ideas on how to make this work?

copiman, Jan 18, 2019
  3. copiman Win User
    How to Block Websites

Sorry everyone but I have done everything suggested and it still does not block the website.

copiman, Jan 18, 2019
  4. copiman Win User

Childproof - Blocking website

How to Block Websites

I have the document in the etc folder

Childproof - Blocking website [​IMG]

It is still a text file. And it does not block the website. I cannot do what you suggested by saving to docs and changing name. But at least its in the folder. Now how to make it work.

copiman, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Childproof - Blocking website

1. Childproof - Blocking website - Similar Threads - Childproof Blocking website

2. A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self: For example I do not want Http:www.Facebook.com BlockedBut I do want let’s say for example https://m.facebook.com/100064595687782/Blocked Oh and by a password so someone isn’t able to just undue itHow could I do this?????!!!!!...
  3. A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self: For example I do not want Http:www.Facebook.com BlockedBut I do want let’s say for example https://m.facebook.com/100064595687782/Blocked Oh and by a password so someone isn’t able to just undue itHow could I do this?????!!!!!...
  4. A way to block a subdirectory of a website without blocking the website it’s self

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Blocking Websites

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Blocking Websites: I just need a way of communicating with a human being at Microsoft. 1 human being if possible. I've given up all hope of speaking with anyone I could understand. Email is the only way I can think of. It gives me the time to write, or respond to, any communication. I am 70...
  6. Website block

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Website block: Can you block websites without adim permissions? submitted by /u/Fforfamily [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jcuokc/website_block/
  7. blocking website

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    blocking website: how to block website on internet explorer and google chrome? on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blocking-website/6e2fe5e9-582b-4de8-ac74-ef1a698aa38b
  8. My website is blocking?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My website is blocking?: Hi, when my user open my website on windows 10 windows defender block it and unsafe message appear in my website there is everything is legit and 99% secure from any type of viruses and malwares....
  9. Childproofing Windows 10

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Childproofing Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 Home laptop that is used by me, my wife and our young children (6 and 3 years old). I would like to prevent the kids from being able to install any apps from the Microsoft Store. I have an administrator account and the kids have standard user child...
  10. block websites

in Windows 10 Support
    block websites: hello. i have an annoying set of websites showing ads popping up each time I visit a specific page. now i have already got the extensions 'ad block' and 'ad block plus' running in the background but on these websites it does not seem to pick up on anything. i have added the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows blocking website 2019

2. block website thread