Windows 10: Children Account does not work properly in Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Children Account does not work properly in Windows 10 Pro in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; He,llo I have created a children account in the family function a while back. It works nice in Win 10 Home on a notebook, so login times, apps and... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Stefan Matthaeus, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Children Account does not work properly in Windows 10 Pro

He,llo I have created a children account in the family function a while back. It works nice in Win 10 Home on a notebook, so login times, apps and websites are limited to the settings I have made. But now I have allowed my daughter to use another desktop PC, and this one has Win 10 Pro. Limiting on apps and web contents still work fine. But login time is ignored by the Win 10 Pro computer, she can log in at any time even if it's not allowed. Both computers have Win 10 Pro 1909 with latest end of January optional updates.

I already tryed different things like deleting the account from Win 10 Pro computer and rebild it. I also unassigned login there, and assigned back. I have removed her account from family and reassigned again. No change, it's still the same.

What can I do? Or is that a bug in 10 Pro which needs to be fixed? I don't like to downgrade that PC from Pro to Home

:)

Stefan Matthaeus, Feb 3, 2020
  2. Hapuku Win User

adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Zakin Win User

Children Account does not work properly in Windows 10 Pro

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Children Account does not work properly in Windows 10 Pro :(

Zakin, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

Children Account does not work properly in Windows 10 Pro

1. Children Account does not work properly in Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Children Account does

2. Reset children account password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  3. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  4. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  5. Connecting Children’s Accounts

6. Familly time management for children does not work

Familly time management for children does not work: I'm very disapointed, why do you publish and offer products we cannot trust. I set the time for my son to 1 Hour then he was able to use 2 and a half hour. We just cannot trust your system! Regards Joshkoe...
  7. window 10 pro is not working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    window 10 pro is not working properly: stop code error occurred and some time memory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/window-10-pro-is-not-working-properly/89d16aa5-2c22-4648-8a92-0aacacb6f810"
  8. Setting up children's accounts in Windows 10

Setting up children's accounts in Windows 10: Is there a way to create a local account on my PC for my elementary-aged children without having to create online Microsoft accounts for them? I've been exploring both the "add a family member" and the "add someone else to this PC" options, neither of which are amenable to...
  9. Setting children accounts

Setting children accounts: Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add the other one having outlook.com address. The invitation was sent to the child, he accepted it but his account is still...
  10. New Core Temp does not work properly in Win 10 Pro

New Core Temp does not work properly in Win 10 Pro: Hi folks! I just can't get the new Core Temp version 1.0 RC7 to work properly with my Win 10 Pro RTM installation. I am using it with Desktop Gadgets All CPU Meter. I can get it to do everything but load itself at Windows 10 startup. The option to select it in the Options...