Windows 10: Children bypassing web filters use add account

Discus and support Children bypassing web filters use add account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have family safety setup with content restrictions and both a block and allow list for websites. The kids have found a way to bypass web... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by A_Concerned_Parent, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Children bypassing web filters use add account

I have family safety setup with content restrictions and both a block and allow list for websites. The kids have found a way to bypass web restrictions and go to youtube using the add account. They don't do it while I am around, and I don't have more specifics. Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

:)

A_Concerned_Parent, Jan 16, 2019

2. No listings for Web Activity for children's accounts

I set up our two Windows 10 laptops with children's accounts several days ago. The reports do not list any web activity for them, even though they have been online. Does the reporting feature work only with the Edge browser? Our children use Chrome.

carston1998, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Family Safety Web Filtering

Have a Family Safety account for my children that they access both on a laptop and a desktop computer. I'm having an issue with the desktop where the web filtering does not work (blocked accounts are accessible on that account on the desktop but not the
    laptop). The only difference is that on the desktop a PIN was set up for access, but a password for the laptop.

JeremyBoarman, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Hapuku Win User

Children bypassing web filters use add account

adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Children bypassing web filters use add account

1. Children bypassing web filters use add account - Similar Threads - Children bypassing web

2. Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Bypass internet restrictions on child account easily??: Hi everyone, I've noticed the following issue, and wanted to know if anyone had a solution. Using family controls, you can block access to certain websites, but this only works for Microsoft edge. You have the option to block certain other browsers, but there's no option to...
  3. Trying To Add Two Children

Trying To Add Two Children: I have now spent hours trying to add my two children to a family account. I have setup Microsoft accounts for them and get all the way through the process until I hit "Join" on the Join the Family screen and the below pops up. I have gone through the process countless times...
  4. Setting up children's accounts in Windows 10

Setting up children's accounts in Windows 10: Is there a way to create a local account on my PC for my elementary-aged children without having to create online Microsoft accounts for them? I've been exploring both the "add a family member" and the "add someone else to this PC" options, neither of which are amenable to...
  5. Web account manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Web account manager: This happens with minecraft, as it doesn't happen with other store games. Whenever I launch minecraft: Wins10 this service starts to hog my cpu and basically freezes my computer. Having it so I have to shut down the computer and re power it up. I can fix this, if I quickly...
  6. To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM.

in Windows 10 Customization
    To turn USB Filter ON by using DISM.: ALL my USB HUBS on this PC (Win.10(Pro) are NOT working after April Updates(1803). I tried to use Admin Command but, not successful. Result copy attached: C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism /online /Enable-Feature /FeatureName: ISKU-USBFilter Error: 87 The /FeatureName: option is...
  7. Setting children accounts

Setting children accounts: Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add the other one having outlook.com address. The invitation was sent to the child, he accepted it but his account is still...
  8. Add Guest Account

Add Guest Account: How to add guest account that don't need password at startup, can somebody tell me?? 28594
  9. Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account

Bypass Family Settings by conversion to Local Account: I just upgraded all my computers to Windows 10. My 15 year old is clever enough to bypass the (new) Family settings controlled Microsoft Account I just set up for him by converting the account to a local account. This seems to let him play as long as he wants, without time...
  10. Add or Remove Wireless Network from Filter in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Wireless Network from Filter in Windows 10: Shawn, What a particularly neatly explained procedure. [By the way, when I was trying to learn more about netsh in Windows 10 I could not find an up-to-date command reference for the Windows 10 version of netsh other than by collecting all the hundreds of netsh wlan...