Windows 10: Children bypassing web filters use add account

Discus and support Children bypassing web filters use add account in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have family safety setup with content restrictions and both a block and allow list for websites. The kids have found a way to bypass web... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by A_Concerned_Parent, Jan 16, 2019.

1. Children bypassing web filters use add account

I have family safety setup with content restrictions and both a block and allow list for websites. The kids have found a way to bypass web restrictions and go to youtube using the add account. They don't do it while I am around, and I don't have more specifics. Has anyone else seen this? Does anyone have a solution?

Thanks

:)

A_Concerned_Parent, Jan 16, 2019

2. No listings for Web Activity for children's accounts

I set up our two Windows 10 laptops with children's accounts several days ago. The reports do not list any web activity for them, even though they have been online. Does the reporting feature work only with the Edge browser? Our children use Chrome.

carston1998, Jan 16, 2019
  3. Family Safety Web Filtering

Have a Family Safety account for my children that they access both on a laptop and a desktop computer. I'm having an issue with the desktop where the web filtering does not work (blocked accounts are accessible on that account on the desktop but not the
    laptop). The only difference is that on the desktop a PIN was set up for access, but a password for the laptop.

JeremyBoarman, Jan 16, 2019
  4. Hapuku Win User

Children bypassing web filters use add account

adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Jan 16, 2019
Thema:

Children bypassing web filters use add account

1. Children bypassing web filters use add account - Similar Threads - Children bypassing web

2. Cannot add children to family

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Cannot add children to family: According to support, I should make an inquiry here with reference to this ticket 1049926024. Thanks for the help*Original title - Case 1049926024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-children-to-family/ec3d1f3c-94af-47a3-8559-e1a3b0831419
  3. Cannot add children to family

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add children to family: According to support, I should make an inquiry here with reference to this ticket 1049926024. Thanks for the help*Original title - Case 1049926024 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-add-children-to-family/ec3d1f3c-94af-47a3-8559-e1a3b0831419
  4. Cannot add children to family

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  6. Connecting Children’s Accounts

Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  7. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  8. Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed

Family Safety web content filters can be bypassed: Family Safety web content filters seem to care only about the web page URL. If the page is allowed, but it gets content from supposedly blocked web sites, there is actually no filtering. Steps to reproduce:Add youtube.com and googlevideo.com to Blocked sitesNavigate to...
  9. Trying To Add Two Children

Trying To Add Two Children: I have now spent hours trying to add my two children to a family account. I have setup Microsoft accounts for them and get all the way through the process until I hit "Join" on the Join the Family screen and the below pops up. I have gone through the process countless times...
  10. Setting children accounts

Setting children accounts: Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add the other one having outlook.com address. The invitation was sent to the child, he accepted it but his account is still...