Windows 10: Children shouldn’t have email accounts

Discus and support Children shouldn’t have email accounts in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My five year old wants to have her very own account on my computer. I tried to set one up for her and cant find a way to do so without creating an... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Falconsdback, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Children shouldn’t have email accounts

My five year old wants to have her very own account on my computer. I tried to set one up for her and cant find a way to do so without creating an email account. Allow me to reiterate that she is FIVE. She wants to be able to have her own background and play games that she enjoys on my computer. I want her to be able to do that. I am not willing to put her safety at risk in order to do so. Since when did child safety become of no concern to Microsoft? Is there a way to bypass this?

:)

Falconsdback, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Hapuku Win User

adding user accounts for children

The customer:

"It is overbearing for Microsoft to require children to either have an e-mail or phone number"

The (unhelpful technician):

"I suggest you to follow the steps how to create the child account as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key and select settings.
    • Click on Account and select Family and other users.
    • Then click add someone else to this pc and select add child’s account
    • Enter the child’s email address and click on Next."

This is becoming such a trend. Please read the details that someone has gone to the trouble of providing so that you can respond HELPFULLY.

Hapuku, Jan 30, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Erin_WV Win User

Children shouldn’t have email accounts

Childrens accounts and email accounts

I want the security and parental controls of the childrens accounts but I do not want them having access to email. How do I set up their accounts without having to create an email for them?

Erin_WV, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Children shouldn’t have email accounts

1. Children shouldn’t have email accounts - Similar Threads - Children shouldn’t email

2. I have 2 children on my Microsoft family account but wish to change the email address for...

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    I have 2 children on my Microsoft family account but wish to change the email address for...: Is there a way to change the email address for giving consent for certain web pages and stuff on only one of the children on my account. I set up a neighbours child’s laptop for them and used my email address for the consent email as they wasn’t available to get their emails...
  3. I have 2 children on my Microsoft family account but wish to change the email address for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 2 children on my Microsoft family account but wish to change the email address for...: Is there a way to change the email address for giving consent for certain web pages and stuff on only one of the children on my account. I set up a neighbours child’s laptop for them and used my email address for the consent email as they wasn’t available to get their emails...
  4. I have 2 children on my Microsoft family account but wish to change the email address for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Reset children account password

Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  6. Reset children account password

Reset children account password: Hi,My son lost doesn't remember password to his account and now it is locked. This account was only used for Minecraft for PS4 - no emails sent. Is there a way to reset password for this account as a member of family?I was trying submitting form for recovery of account but I...
  7. Connecting Children’s Accounts

Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  8. Connecting Children’s Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting Children’s Accounts: I created accounts for my kids and need to connect them to my family group. Since they’re minors, this requires my consent, which I’m asked to give by “signing” a form. To sign, I’m supposed to type my name which doesn’t make much sense. When I do so, I’m prompted that my...
  9. Connecting Children’s Accounts

10. Setting children accounts

Setting children accounts: Hi. I upgraded to win10 and tried to redefine my children accounts. I had no problem with one of them who had hotmail.com mail address. But I can't add the other one having outlook.com address. The invitation was sent to the child, he accepted it but his account is still...