Windows 10: Childs account has an unrecognized email address

Discus and support Childs account has an unrecognized email address in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I recently setup my child on a new windows PC.I used their Microsoft email address to log into the computer. This was the same Microsoft account and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Anthony2024, Jun 23, 2024.

1. Childs account has an unrecognized email address

I recently setup my child on a new windows PC.I used their Microsoft email address to log into the computer. This was the same Microsoft account and email address that the child had been using on the older PC for some time.I noticed in the Family Safety app that the child's account was accidently setup as an admin account. This was likely because it was the first account I setup on the new PC.I've just gone into the PC and tried to reset the child's account type to Standard user, but I noticed that the email address associated with the child's account is now different. It appears to be a rando

:)

Anthony2024, Jun 23, 2024
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Jun 23, 2024
  3. Child Account

Hi Danielle,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps to create a Chile account without an Emails address:

• Open Settings.

• Click on Accounts and click on Family and Other Users.

• Click on Add a Family Member.

• Choose Add a Child.

• Now select the Option The person I want to add doesn’t have an Email address.

• Enter all the information prompted and click Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
    PFB the screenshot:

Childs account has an unrecognized email address e903edc0-b771-46fd-a374-398fdf68fe95.png

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 23, 2024
  4. Childs account has an unrecognized email address

Change Email Address on Child Account

I set up a child account for my daughter a year ago. The problem is that her email address has changed. I cannot figure out how to change her email address to her new address. The old address is no longer valid.

Thanks in advance for the assistance.

Teendoctor, Jun 23, 2024
Thema:

Childs account has an unrecognized email address

1. Childs account has an unrecognized email address - Similar Threads - Childs account has

2. Childs account has an unrecognized email address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Childs account has an unrecognized email address: I recently setup my child on a new windows PC.I used their Microsoft email address to log into the computer. This was the same Microsoft account and email address that the child had been using on the older PC for some time.I noticed in the Family Safety app that the child's...
  3. Email address and family account.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  4. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email address and family account.: Hi. I have a family account. My son have two accounts. I can't find the email address on one of them. I put money on this account. How can I find the email for this Microsoft account? Thank you...
  5. Email address and family account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Child account with email

Child account with email: Why have microsoft made it nearly impossible to create an account for a child that actually doesnt **** up within the first week of creation. then trying to reset password is impossible unless you a microsoft guru!! I have pre ordered games in preperation of the xbox x...
  7. Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family

Changing Child's email address in Microsoft Family: My children both have new email addresses...can I update their email without deleting and redoing their logins? Thank you!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-childs-email-address-in-microsoft-family/f990b3a4-9917-451a-bbda-44888a8fecf7
  8. Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Password reset on a Childs account which has no email activity: Hi, I set up my children with Microsoft accounts as family members. They required hotmail accounts to create a profile, but have never used them. My son changed his password and has forgotten it, logged in 3 times incorrectly and is now unable to log into his Microsoft...
  9. Child account email

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Child account email: Why can I not block a child account access to the mail app? Why are discussions about this locked? This is egregious. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/child-account-email/873519b7-34d3-4618-8291-351e3c64f967
  10. Change account email address

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Change account email address: My account show an old email address - how can I change that to mt actual email address? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/change-account-email-address/633506c1-cfe0-4c18-8547-426cbd59c01b"