Windows 10: Childs account locked on local machine, pin not working, unable to change login method

Discus and support Childs account locked on local machine, pin not working, unable to change login method in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi! My son has probably entered the wrong PIN too many times, and is not able to access his account on a Lenovo Laptop. When I had a look I first had... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EmHj75, Feb 21, 2021.

1. EmHj75 Win User

Childs account locked on local machine, pin not working, unable to change login method

Hi!

My son has probably entered the wrong PIN too many times, and is not able to access his account on a Lenovo Laptop. When I had a look I first had to enter the code "A1B2C3" and the I could try out a PIN, however it failed to work. I do not know how, but the PIN must have changed since we wrote it down and I'm sure we used the correct one.

Following the above there is a text explaining i can wait "at least two hours" before trying again, OR, I can use another login method. I would be very happy to chose another login method, however there us no such option available and no button to click...

I do have administrators rights on this machine and I'm able to login as the administrator, in the control panel I can choose to manage another account and I do see my sons account but my only options is to delete the account or change the type from standard to administrator. On YouTube videos I have checked out others seam to have the option to also change the password.

There seams to be no way I can change the pin for another account than my own.

I have also looked what options I have through the online settings where I also have administrative rights to my sons account through the family settings, however I can not find anything there that seam to help...

Is my only option to delete his account and start all over? In case it is that is extremely frustrating since I do have administrative rights on the machine and should reasonably be able to have full control over his account...

Hope someone is able to help!

:)

EmHj75, Feb 21, 2021
  2. JS1701 Win User

Can a local user be changed to a child account?

Windows 10 Home
    ver 1909

Hello,

I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family?

I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f

but there's no option for "family and other users".

They do not have Microsoft accounts. Do I need to basically create a new child account at Windows setup?

Any assistance appreciated.

JS1701, Feb 21, 2021
  3. Kid locked out of Family account. Unable to change password

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the concern as you are unable to change your child’s Microsoft Account password. In this scenario, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

1. Login to
      www.login.live.com
      using your child’s Microsoft Account.
    2. Click on forgot password.
    3. Check the radio button and enter the Email account to send the code.
    4. In case you don’t have access to that verification email account then click on
      I don’t have any of these.
    5. Now follow the onscreen steps and check if you are able to reset the password.

Let us know the results. If the issue persists, we will certainly assist you further.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Childs account locked on local machine, pin not working, unable to change login method

Child account

I did set up a Child account, I did fallow all the steps window ask, the account say that the child is in the family, when I tried to log, give me the message "The Profile Service service Failed The Sign-in. User Profile cannot be loaded".

Answering your questions:

• Did you make any changes to the child account prior to the issue? No, I did not make any changes.
    • Since when you are facing this issue? Right from the start. I never got to login.
    • Are you able to login with other child accounts on the computer? No
    I suggest you to restart the computer once and check if you are able to login to the computer. I did, the same problem, I do not have any problem with my account or my wife.

Thank you for your help.

David.

David EDongo Sr, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Childs account locked on local machine, pin not working, unable to change login method

1. Childs account locked on local machine, pin not working, unable to change login method - Similar Threads - Childs account locked

2. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from child account to local account: I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change...
  3. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change from child account to local account: I have been looking for this for a while. I signed into a child account in Microsoft Family and want to change back to a local account because it's restricting me from Google I am using Microsoft Edge by the way. I have looked and cannot see a single button that says "change...
  4. How to change from child account to local account

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. my kid is unable to login to her machine with newly created child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my kid is unable to login to her machine with newly created child account: I setup my child's new windows machine yesterday created a brand new email to use for her login along the way. Now, when she tries to login:It prompts for a password entering correct passwordPrompts to get a guardian to sign-in and approve. - At this point, when I select as...
  6. my kid is unable to login to her machine with newly created child account

my kid is unable to login to her machine with newly created child account: I setup my child's new windows machine yesterday created a brand new email to use for her login along the way. Now, when she tries to login:It prompts for a password entering correct passwordPrompts to get a guardian to sign-in and approve. - At this point, when I select as...
  7. Local File / Folder Locking Methods

Local File / Folder Locking Methods: Looking for a way to literally access deny / lock local files with password protection. I know of a few methods. EasyFileLocker is a program I've used a lot. I just wanted to get a scope of if there is something someone knows about that works really well for this. I know...
  8. Can a local user be changed to a child account?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can a local user be changed to a child account?: Windows 10 Home ver 1909 Hello, I'm trying to see if there's a way to change a local account (standard user) to a child account so it can be managed in the Microsoft Family? I tried to follow the steps here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-c8f8cca1d52f but there's...
  9. Created local account, but unable to login.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created local account, but unable to login.: I am trying to create a local account on my Win10 Pro machine. I have gone through the various steps and have an account created, but I have no option to login to that account. I can see the user in Local Users and Groups (not disabled), but the name does NOT appear on the...
  10. Local account login changed to Microsoft Account so unable to log in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Local account login changed to Microsoft Account so unable to log in: I would like help solving a mystery. I set up a new Dell Optiplex 3020 which shipped with Windows 10 Pro. I bypassed the option to set up the user with a Microsoft Account (The owner does not have a microsoft account and I did not create one at that time.) and set up a...