Windows 10: Child's Family User Account Password

Discus and support Child's Family User Account Password in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hi. I just created a family user account on my computer for my kids. I created an email to do so, but never created a password for the account. I did... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by RebekahMisimi, Apr 23, 2020.

1. Child's Family User Account Password

Hi. I just created a family user account on my computer for my kids. I created an email to do so, but never created a password for the account. I did not want my kids to have to have to enter a password in order to sign in to the computer. The family user account is active on the computer, but I can't sign into it because a password or pin was never created. I can't reset the password either. So my questions are: can I delete a family user account, instead of just blocking it? And/or is it possible to create a password for this account?

:)

RebekahMisimi, Apr 23, 2020

2. How to change an "other users" account to a family child account

I have the exact same problem. I have read this entire thread and still find no solution to the problem. My computer has updated to windows 10 as well. My child's account is now under the
    other users accounts and I want to transfer him to a
    family child account without having to create a new account and be able to place child restriction settings. However, the solution you provided doesn't help. This is what your instruction entails...

If your child already has a user account on your PC, you can still add them to your family.

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap
      Change PC settings.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click
      Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)

• Tap or click Accounts, and then tap or click Other accounts.

• Select the account you want, and then tap or click Edit.

If your child doesn't have a standard user account, see the previous To create a new child's account steps.

• In the Account type list, select Child and then tap or click
      OK. ---->>> This part doesn't exist. It only gives you the option to change account type from
      local account to administrator. What I want to do is move the existing account to family CHILD account! PLEASE PROVIDE NEW SOLUTION ASAP!!!! THANK YOU!

GianinaClark, Apr 23, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    How to reset child account password in family safety on win. 10 ?

Hello Earl,

If you are logged in using an Administrator Account and you have set up the child accounts using the same account, then you should be able to change their passwords.

You can follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Click on Family Safety and select the child account.
    • On the left navigation pane, select Change Password.
    • Follow the prompted instructions and check if the password is changed.

Let us know how it goes.

Rose Ter, Apr 23, 2020
  4. Yolvi Ell Win User

Child's Family User Account Password

Forgot Child's Password

Hi Jason,

It's possible that you'll be able to change the password through your own administrator account. Just to confirm, is your daughter's account a Microsoft account, or a local user account?

If it's a local account, remove or change the password from the Control Panel. Sign in using your administrator account, then follow these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Control Panel and press Enter.
    • Click User Accounts.
    • Click Manage another account.
    • If the User Account Control window pops up, click Yes.
    • Choose the local account that you want.
    • Click Change the password.
    • Leave the password fields empty if you want to remove the password. Otherwise, enter the new password that you want to use, as wells as a hint and click
      Change password.

If it's a Microsoft family account, follow these steps to remove your child's account:

here
    • On the right side of your child's account, click Remove.
    • Click Remove again.

After removing the account, you can set up your child's account again. Make sure that you have the correct password when you sign in.

Let us know if you're able to change or remove the password of your child's account after following these steps.

Yolvi Ell, Apr 23, 2020
Thema:

Child's Family User Account Password

1. Child's Family User Account Password - Similar Threads - Child's Family User

2. Convert Admin level user account in Win11 to Family Safety child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert Admin level user account in Win11 to Family Safety child account: My young son is the sole user of a computer that was set up under his email address. The account is set up as the main admin user. No other user accounts on the device. A need has emerged to more closely monitor and limit use. Is there a way for parents to elegantly convert...
  3. Microsoft Family Child Account Password

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family Child Account Password: My daughter has a child account, she has forgotten her password. There is nowhere to reset the password on the family account management screen. The password reset does not work as 'not enough information' - she's 8 what info would you expect. What is the point of the...
  4. Issue with child family account

Issue with child family account: I am getting this error "Your family member needs to sign in to their Windows 10 device PC for family features to work. " I followed the "How to fix" steps. And the issue is unresolved. I have checked - Account set to allowed under Family & Other users - The account can...
  5. outlook.com family password reset child

outlook.com family password reset child: Hello, I have tried to reset the password for one of the child's accounts attached in my microsoft family. Unfortunately I always get back the email from the automated system. It cannot verify ownership. How can it be that it cannot verify me as owner with my email holder /...
  6. cannot remove a child user from a family account on laptop

cannot remove a child user from a family account on laptop: hi guys, somehow I was able to geniusly enter 1/1/2019 in for the date of birth when first booting this machine when I bought it this morning. so what that's resulted in is Microsoft virtually locking me out of everything cuz it believes I'm a child and I have a child...
  7. Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family

Change Child Account Password using Adult account in Microsoft Family: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  8. Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password

Family Microsoft Account and Changing Child Password: Beyond frustrated w Microsoft right now. There is no helpful info on any threads that tell how to change a child's Microsoft account password that is under a Family account. She cannot log in to anything because we don't remember the password. Is there a way to change the...
  9. Reset childs family account password by parent

Reset childs family account password by parent: Hello, I created an account for my child and added to my family. After granted access to a specific device and tried to log on with this account, we realised that we did not remember the password. We never signed in to microsoft account and when I tried to reset the...
  10. Changing child password for Family Safety

Changing child password for Family Safety: Hi, I have tried EVERYTHING I found on support to change my child's password. I created the account online under my account. I copied the password wrong. This login has never been used, so when I tried the recovery page, I couldn't "provide enough info", because there is no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. reset password microsoft family account

2. change password for family member windows 10

3. forgot password for microsoft family account

4. how to change a password on a childs microsoft account