Windows 10: Child's personal info

Discus and support Child's personal info in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When I try to change my child's personal info, I press the button and it takes me onto a page with 2 links. I try both but it doesn't show me how to do... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Zombieshot89, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Child's personal info

When I try to change my child's personal info, I press the button and it takes me onto a page with 2 links. I try both but it doesn't show me how to do it. What do I do?

P.S: My category is different because I don't have 'Microsoft Family' on it. Sorry about that. It is also on windows 10.

Please answer soon

:)

Zombieshot89, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Mala_S Win User

Manage my child's profile info does NOT show my kid

Hello Jabka71,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Your child's account could be in a different region than yours. To comply with regional regulations around data protection, the child and the adult providing consent need to be in the same regulatory region. It might also be due
    to the account is not configured in the right way. Kindly follow the steps mentioned below to reconfigure the feature.

Step 1: Update your region.

• Go to Your info on account.microsoft.com and sign in.
    • Select Edit country/region.
    • Update your country or region to match your child's, then make sure the other settings are up to date. Select Save to finish up.

Step 2: Remove a child and add a child to your family.

For additional information, you can go through the article which talks about
    Parental consent and Microsoft child accounts and
    Set up and manage your family.

Hope it helps.

Mala.S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Hys3qm Win User
    Changing child's DOB but no option to do so

Hi,

I'm trying to change my son's DOB on Microsoft. All Microsoft instructions say to log in to my adult account, select him in Family and select 'Manage My child's profile info' and then choose 'Edit this
    child's personal info'

Seems straightforward but I don't get offered the 'Edit this child's personal info' option on the 'Manage my child's profile info page'.

All it has is a statement saying some countries have different steps to regulate what children can do online.

And I can't change the DOB from my son's account via the 'personal info' section.

Any suggestions welcome as I've spent hours looking into this!

Thanks

Hys3qm, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Child's personal info

Change Child's DOB in Family but no option to do so in Microsoft account

Hi,

I'm trying to change my son's DOB on Microsoft. All Microsoft instructions say to log in to my adult account, select him in Family and select 'Manage My child's profile info' and then choose 'Edit this child's personal info'

Seems straightforward but I don't get offered the 'Edit this child's personal info' option on the 'Manage my child's profile info page'.

All it has is a statement saying some countries have different steps to regulate what children can do online.

Any suggestions welcome as I've spent hours looking into this!

Thanks

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

TimBurke101, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Child's personal info

1. Child's personal info - Similar Threads - Child's personal info

2. does rundll32 contain any "personal" info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    does rundll32 contain any "personal" info: So, while scrolling through my task manager recently, I noticed multiple times that rundll32 is running in background, so I downloaded Process Explorer to get more info about it, and since I was curious if it was a virus or no, there was a button in Process Explorer: "Check...
  3. does rundll32 contain any "personal" info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    does rundll32 contain any "personal" info: So, while scrolling through my task manager recently, I noticed multiple times that rundll32 is running in background, so I downloaded Process Explorer to get more info about it, and since I was curious if it was a virus or no, there was a button in Process Explorer: "Check...
  4. does rundll32 contain any "personal" info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. how to delete a post mistakenly with personal info on it

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to delete a post mistakenly with personal info on it: Hi I put a picture on a post that exposes and email address of friend, since i am not getting any more replies for my post I want to delete it, how can i delete a thread on here? Thanks...
  6. How to clean computer of any personal info.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to clean computer of any personal info.: My 9 year old Win 10 desktop does not support Win 11. Only use for e-mail and web browsing.. Is there a simple and easy way for this Senior to get rid of any personal info floating around beforerecycling.? May treat my self to new Win 11 computer as a Xmas gift. Many thanks....
  7. How to clean computer of any personal info.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to clean computer of any personal info.: My 9 year old Win 10 desktop does not support Win 11. Only use for e-mail and web browsing.. Is there a simple and easy way for this Senior to get rid of any personal info floating around beforerecycling.? May treat my self to new Win 11 computer as a Xmas gift. Many thanks....
  8. removing personal info by deleting myself as user........

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    removing personal info by deleting myself as user........: ok so i'm seliing my laptop and want all my personal files off of it. i followed the steps for creating another user account so i could go in and delete myself, and the option of "delete all of ________ files? comes up which im supposed to say yes. BUT...if i do this, will i...
  9. How to remove personal info

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove personal info: I just bought a new computer with windows 10. I started setting up before I realized it was the wrong computer. How do I delete my personal info. so I can return it?...
  10. Access to my personal info

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Access to my personal info: I recently opened a new business and needed a desktop. I purchased one and without thinking set it up using my Microsoft account. I just purchased a new laptop and while setting it up I realize my office help can access all of my personal info. I'm not comfortable with that....