Windows 10: Chiming noise on my desktop running windows 10

Discus and support Chiming noise on my desktop running windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I log off my desktop computer that is running Windows 10, it will keep making a chiming noise like one you would here when you plug a cell phone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tsjczar, Nov 14, 2018.

1. tsjczar Win User

Chiming noise on my desktop running windows 10

When I log off my desktop computer that is running Windows 10, it will keep making a chiming noise like one you would here when you plug a cell phone in to charge. It is like it is warning me of something, but there is nothing open.

:)

tsjczar, Nov 14, 2018

2. Sound Chiming on My Laptop - Windows 10

My laptop keeps making a chiming noise every 3-4 min. and sometimes less. I looked it up under "Sounds" and it was the "ringtone" for "Close Program". But, even when google chrome is open or when there are no programs running the noise still chimes. I have
    no idea what to do, or how to stop it. Can someone help?

The laptop is a Sony Vaio and i installed Windows 10.

JenniferValenzuela, Nov 14, 2018
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 14, 2018
  4. Chiming noise on my desktop running windows 10

No Chime on Startup

Hi Gibson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I’m sorry to know that there is no Chime on startup in Win 10. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will be happy to assist you.

Please follow the below methods and check if that helps.

Method 1: Update sound adapter driver.

Step 1: Check for the latest driver update through Windows Updates.

• At the Start screen, type Windows Update.
    • Click or tap Settings on the right side of the screen, and then select
      Install optional updates from the left results.
    • When the Windows Update control panel opens, click on “Check for Updates” on the top left corner to receive a fresh list of updates.
    Incompatible or not properly installed graphics card drivers are the most common cause of this issue.

Step 2: Follow the steps below to update the sound drivers.

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Go to device manager.
    • Right-click your sound/audio device.
    • Click Update Driver Software and then follow the steps in the wizard that appears.

Method 2: Update the latest drivers from the website.

Go to the manufacturer’s website
    and update the drivers.

Please let us know, if you need any further help and we would be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Vijaya Kumari 1, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Chiming noise on my desktop running windows 10

1. Chiming noise on my desktop running windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chiming noise desktop

2. Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.: Why is my computer chiming every time that I log on to any computer with my windows ID - I have logged on to multiple computers from multiple locations. It does not happen when someone else is logged on to the computer, only myself. It does not matter what computer I log on...
  3. Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.: Why is my computer chiming every time that I log on to any computer with my windows ID - I have logged on to multiple computers from multiple locations. It does not happen when someone else is logged on to the computer, only myself. It does not matter what computer I log on...
  4. Frequent chiming noise that is not from notifications.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10 Random Chime

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Random Chime: Whenever i have my PC opened every few minutes a random notification like chime sound starts playing and keeps reapeating over and over again. I tried different ways to turn it off such as disconnecting and reconnecting my headphones, finding the sound in the all sounds...
  6. Random chiming noise ever once and a while

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Random chiming noise ever once and a while: Hello I have recently been having a issue where I hear a chiming noise ever 5 or so minutes. I have tried searching for viruses on my computer I have tried to look for any thing sketchy on my task manager but I found nothing. Anyone know how I can figure out where this sound...
  7. Frequent chime on Windows 10

Frequent chime on Windows 10: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this but I can't find anything else on the web or Reddit. I am getting some sort of chime on my Windows Acer Nitro 5 Laptop. It almost sounds like an XBox chime and I cannot for the life of me figure out what it is. It...
  8. Chiming noise from external Bose speakers when monitor is in sleep mode. Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chiming noise from external Bose speakers when monitor is in sleep mode. Windows 10...: How do i silence it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chiming-noise-from-external-bose-speakers-when/932d8e18-0e96-4309-a8c3-f18e636f1490
  9. Windows 10 - USB Connect Chiming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - USB Connect Chiming: My set up: Laptop Dell XPS 13, Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB to attach external Dell monitor, keyboard and mouse. USB-C connections. I've had this happen twice - not sure what I did to fix it the first time, but very frustrated. After a video teleconferencing call...
  10. What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer.

What is this chime noise I keep hearing randomly on my computer.: A day or two ago the below chime started going off seemingly randomly (about every 20-100 minutes). I don't recall ever hearing it before and can't figure out where it is from. I've got a mute extension on my browser so it's unlikely it's some hidden browser tab or something...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 chiming noise

2. my pc keeps making chiming sounds

3. windows 10 pc fixing chimming noise

4. hp laptop chiming noises,
  5. chiming noise windows 10,
  6. stop my computer from chiming,
  7. why is my pc chiming,
  8. my computer makes a chiming noise,
  9. why there is continuous chiming in the PC in window 10,
  10. what are the chiming noises,
  11. something is chiming on my laptop,