Windows 10: Chinese Characters I need English Please

Discus and support Chinese Characters I need English Please in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; on my task bar when I want to safely remove external hard drive, usb key, etc the icon is showing in Chinese how do I get it back to English see... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JuanKolo, Aug 6, 2018.

1. JuanKolo Win User

Chinese Characters I need English Please

on my task bar when I want to safely remove external hard drive, usb key, etc the icon is showing in Chinese how do I get it back to English

see picture below - when I left click on the up arrow it gives me a box with the 6 icons and the last one bottom right hand side is in Chinese and when i click on it I get the picture on top of the other picture showed below, all are in Chinese and I have no idea what it says. It doesn't allow me to copy the text so I can't even use google translate to figure it out. If I go to my settings they are in English. I lost my sound and the sellers told me to down load a file, which is when everything started to show up in Chinese I have no idea how to change it to English. It would appear I have two systems running one in English and one in Chinese but I can't get the below to be in English so that I know if I'm unplugging my devises when it is safe to do so. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Chinese Characters I need English Please [​IMG]

:)

JuanKolo, Aug 6, 2018

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 6, 2018
  3. alexdal Win User
    Chinese characters?

go to the psiloc page i bought japanese characters.

Because Nokia is so lazy to put the entire set of characters unicode in every phone

so you should have one chinese, one, japanese, one english, one russian, one.......

alexdal, Aug 6, 2018
  4. Chinese Characters I need English Please

Can't type Chinese characters on certain situations

Hi Chin,

The language icon might have been moved beside your People icon due to enabled Use the desktop language bar
    when it's available option from Control Panel. For us to revert it to its original position, please follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Control Panel, and then press
      Enter
    • Click on Clock, Language, and Region.
    • On the left pane, click on Advanced settings.
    • Under Switching inputs methods, uncheck
      Use a desktop language bar when it's available option.
    • Click on Save button.

To address your concern with typing Chinese characters, kindly make sure that Chinese character is switched on:

• On the lower-right corner of your desktop, there is a Chinese/English (Shift) icon.
    • Make sure that Chinese is enabled.

Chinese Characters I need English Please 76637739-eb62-4d7b-ad53-ab943bf3e661?upload=true.png
    Note: It will switch from Chinese to English or vise versa when pressing
    Shift key.

Let us know if you have other concerns.

Janeane Cru, Aug 6, 2018
Thema:

Chinese Characters I need English Please

1. Chinese Characters I need English Please - Similar Threads - Chinese Characters need

2. Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails: I'm using the Windows Mail app as my email client. I save many emails from Mail to folders in Windows File Explorer. Sometimes when I go back and reopen those emails the text has changed from English to what appears to be Chinese. I'm not a Chinese language user so have never...
  3. Chinese Characters not Appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese Characters not Appearing: Hello when I typed the Pinyin the Chinese characters didn't appear so I can't type please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-not-appearing/5b347d07-d779-4e8a-97c4-db045805f13a
  4. Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition

Weird Font and size of Chinese characters on Windows 10 English edition: Hi, I recently re-installed Windows 10 En edition and found that the Chinese characters look pretty weird. Previously they look normal, so I have no sense what's causing the current issue. File browser: [ATTACH] Task bar: [ATTACH] I searched for answers for a while...
  5. English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu

English windows 10 but showing chinese characters in start menu: As title, I also found some other computer also have same issue in our domain, my laptop reinstall windows for two month and just update the 2020-04 Cumulative Update last Friday, and I found this problem on this Monday, no GPO change in these two week....
  6. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.: I have a bootable "Bob.Omb’s Modified Win10PEx64" USB device. It does not support Chinese characters, which will be displayed as junk characters. Is it possible to make it support Chinese? 153648
  7. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  8. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  9. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  10. Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version: ISSUE: I already set the option what the language for non-Unicode programs as Chinese, and turn on the Beta function that UTF-8 support for worldwide language, but some Chinese programs also display gibberish on Win 10 English version. How to solve this issue, thanks....