Windows 10: Chinese characters pop up box did not show up for simplified hanyu pinyin

Discus and support Chinese characters pop up box did not show up for simplified hanyu pinyin in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I tried to use simplified hanyu pinyin but the chinese characters suggestions did not appear. It's strange because it was working well previously.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OhFangLing, May 2, 2021.

1. Chinese characters pop up box did not show up for simplified hanyu pinyin

I tried to use simplified hanyu pinyin but the chinese characters suggestions did not appear. It's strange because it was working well previously. Why is there always a change in windows setting every time it get update? Extremely frustrating!

:)

OhFangLing, May 2, 2021
  2. LestariM Win User

Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) Hanyu Pinyin keyboard is not functioning

Hi!

I desperately need to type traditional Chinese with hanyu pinyin (not bopomofo) keyboard. Previously, I had no problem at all (with older version of Windows), but it seems that this function no longer working in Windows 10.

I installed the Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) language pack and downloaded all Traditional Chinese IME required. Next, I've tried so many times to change the preferred keyboard layout to Hanyu Pinyin, but it didn't work at all (still showing bopomofo when
    I type). I've also tried the Chinese (Traditional, Hongkong SAR) language pack and the result was exactly the same.

I'm fully aware that I could also type traditional Chinese with Chinese (Simplified, China) language pack. However, it still has some problems since not all the traditional characters are available. For example, I can't find li (裡) character and it keep
    suggesting the other li (裏) that is not really for common use.

Any suggestion to fix this problem?

Thank you so much.

LestariM, May 2, 2021
  3. Hanyu Pinyin keyboard input not available (only MS Pinyin)

With in the last week, it seems I have lost the Hanyu Pinyin keyboard input method for simplified Chinese. All that is available is the MS Pinyin keyboard input method (shocker). The problem is that the MS Pinyin only gives 7 options for any inputted homophone
    (for example "Hao"), and I don't see how you scroll through the character options if the the character you are looking for is not one of the 7 listed.

In the Hanyu Pinyin keyboard input, there was a button (forward triangle) that you could click on to advance to the next series of 7 possible characters.

Maybe this is function is still available in MS Pinyin, but leave it to Microsoft to break something that was working perfectly.

Please help if you can. Thanks . . .

VirgilNanjing, May 2, 2021
  4. JavierLi Win User

Chinese characters pop up box did not show up for simplified hanyu pinyin

Traditional Chinese in Hanyu Pinyin

Hi all, I remember like 20 years ago I could type traditional Chinese character out with Hanyu pinyin, can it be done now? How do I do the settings?

Thanks with regards

Javier

JavierLi, May 2, 2021
Thema:

Chinese characters pop up box did not show up for simplified hanyu pinyin

1. Chinese characters pop up box did not show up for simplified hanyu pinyin - Similar Threads - Chinese characters pop

2. Unable to download the MIcrosoft Simplified Chinese Pinyin keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download the MIcrosoft Simplified Chinese Pinyin keyboard: I could not use the pinyin keyboard.When I changed to the Simplified Chinese China keyboard, a small window of 'Simplified Chinese IME dictionaries are not ready yet' popped out. When I tried to download the basic typing, handwriting, and speech recognition software, the...
  3. why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?: why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?I followed the following procedure in window 10In the Cortana box type 'Region'.Click on 'Region and Language Settings'.Click on 'Add a Language'.From the list of languages select Chinese...
  4. why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?: why the simplified Chinese pinyin keyboard is incorrectly producing Traditional Chinese?I followed the following procedure in window 10In the Cortana box type 'Region'.Click on 'Region and Language Settings'.Click on 'Add a Language'.From the list of languages select Chinese...
  5. The Pinyin for the Simplified Chinese Keyboard Doesn't Work

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Pinyin for the Simplified Chinese Keyboard Doesn't Work: I've been trying for hours to get the pinyin to work but still hasn't. Whenever I try to add tones to the letters, it just turns into the regular numbers. I don't know how it stopped working in the first place and i need it to work so that I can be able to add pronunciation...
  6. Traditional Chinese in Hanyu Pinyin

Traditional Chinese in Hanyu Pinyin: Hi all, I remember like 20 years ago I could type traditional Chinese character out with Hanyu pinyin, can it be done now? How do I do the settings? Thanks with regards Javier...
  7. Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) Hanyu Pinyin keyboard is not functioning

Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan) Hanyu Pinyin keyboard is not functioning: Hi! I desperately need to type traditional Chinese with hanyu pinyin (not bopomofo) keyboard. Previously, I had no problem at all (with older version of Windows), but it seems that this function no longer working in Windows 10. I installed the Chinese (Traditional,...
  8. Chinese Pop Up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Pop Up: I have been getting this Chinese pop up for over a year. I lived in China for two years and had to download a few Chinese apps while I was there such as Alipay, WeChat, QQ, and I believe it was called One Drive. I moved back to the USA and uninstalled all these programs so I...
  9. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...
  10. Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input

Chinese character suggestions not appearing for Traditional Hanyu Pinyin input: Hello, I on Windows 10 in Taiwan and want to use hanyu pinyin input for traditional characters (I can't read zhuyin). The problem is when I type in pinyin, the suggested characters that usually appear underneath are not showing. Instead, it just enters the most frequent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chinese character suggestions not appearing