Windows 10: Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

Discus and support Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; ISSUE: I already set the option what the language for non-Unicode programs as Chinese, and turn on the Beta function that UTF-8 support for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by xinwu, Sep 17, 2018.

1. xinwu Win User

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

ISSUE:

I already set the option what the language for non-Unicode programs as Chinese, and turn on the Beta function that UTF-8 support for worldwide language, but some Chinese programs also display gibberish on Win 10 English version.

How to solve this issue, thanks.

Winodws version Info:

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version 02a2250d-d77d-4d6b-a477-9943bc906534?upload=true.png

Language Settings

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version f93be0a1-9202-4e0e-930b-3d21d4389059?upload=true.png

Gibberish programs

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version e9f69fea-f9d9-48df-8f83-a67f72c9f8a8?upload=true.png

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version 350aba81-2ee7-4142-ad04-1fba34df002d?upload=true.png

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version 11b639e7-b6a1-41c3-a1ce-72de0334f45f?upload=true.png

:)

xinwu, Sep 17, 2018

2. Chinese charcter display problem in a English Windows 10

I've just upgraded my OS to windows 10, and I'm using the English OS.

Most of my apps are in English, and the only Chinese characters present in my PC are file names.

While my Windows can properly display Chinese characters instead of squares or random gibberish as was mentioned in some posts, the font size is totally messed up. I'm pretty sure that the font is Microsoft Yahei, but the size isn't right. Some are larger
    and some are smaller.

And there are also glitches that are too subtle to be described. While the characters are perfectly readable, there is a nuance that is easily noticeable for those who know Chinese. If I switch to Chinese, the problem is gone. But whenever I switch back
    to English, the problem persists.

I've installed the language pack for Chinese as well.

Chernovsky, Sep 17, 2018
  3. migranule Win User
    Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Sep 17, 2018
  4. Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

Chinese Characters Display As Boxes In Certain Programs

I am having this issue and I have tried nearly everything. On my windows 10 computer, the language is set to Chinese and everything displays fine but in certain programs it displayed as boxes. Not even gibberish. Just boxes. I've tried turning off the
    "Hide not supported languages" in Fonts. Changing my region and locale to china/Chinese and back again. Also leaving the region and locale as china still doesn't work. This is weird because everything like Microsoft edge shows the characters fine. It's just
    some programs that has problems but not only that but they appear to be displaying fine, but when I right click something the menu is boxes or when I go into the settings for that program. It seems as though the boxes are only appearing deep inside the programs.

IronCreeper, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version

1. Chinese characters program display gibberish on Win 10 English version - Similar Threads - Chinese characters program

2. unable to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11: Hi,I live in Australia and bought a new laptop with windows 11. When I installed a Chinese program, which I use longtime in Windows10, but the character shows either ??? or Japanese character.I already followed the instruction I found in this community, changed the language...
  3. unable to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11: Hi,I live in Australia and bought a new laptop with windows 11. When I installed a Chinese program, which I use longtime in Windows10, but the character shows either ??? or Japanese character.I already followed the instruction I found in this community, changed the language...
  4. Not able to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11: Hi, I live in USA and bought a new laptop with windows 11. I installed a Chinese program but the character shows either ??? or Japanese character. I already followed the instruction I found in this community, changed the language to Chinese Simplified, China under Region >...
  5. Not able to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to display Chinese character in the program on Windows 11: Hi, I live in USA and bought a new laptop with windows 11. I installed a Chinese program but the character shows either ??? or Japanese character. I already followed the instruction I found in this community, changed the language to Chinese Simplified, China under Region >...
  6. Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese characters replacing English in saved emails: I'm using the Windows Mail app as my email client. I save many emails from Mail to folders in Windows File Explorer. Sometimes when I go back and reopen those emails the text has changed from English to what appears to be Chinese. I'm not a Chinese language user so have never...
  7. Win 10 Version from English how to change to Simplified Chinese version?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 Version from English how to change to Simplified Chinese version?: I have an existing Win 10 note book which I have just recently replaced with a new one. The old note book new user would like the Win 10 to be in simplified Chinese. It is possible to set or re-activate?...
  8. How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters in an English version of Windows PE.: I have a bootable "Bob.Omb’s Modified Win10PEx64" USB device. It does not support Chinese characters, which will be displayed as junk characters. Is it possible to make it support Chinese? 153648
  9. How to display Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Support
    How to display Chinese characters: Found some nice pix of those finger mountains in Zhangjiajie, China, and (since also slowly learning Chinese) would like to _include_ Chinese characters in their file titles, _without_ changing my default UK English input/display language. The Chinese characters display fine,...
  10. Chinese characters not displaying correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese characters not displaying correctly: We just got a new computer with a fresh Windows 10 installed. When trying to install games from Chinese suppliers, we get the following image: [ATTACH] At first I thought it was a unicode issue but that doesn't seem to be it. Most searches bring me to this link:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 chinese gibberish

2. install chinese program win10

3. display chinese characters windows 10

4. chinese character display problem in an english windows 10 environment,
  5. win10 cannot install chinese font,
  6. chinese character display problem,
  7. win 10 gibberish,
  8. windows chinese program gibberish,
  9. Windows 10 (English) system text show as gibberish ,
  10. program is installing in jiberish,
  11. win 10 display chinese program,