Windows 10: chinese characters recent files, VLC

Discus and support chinese characters recent files, VLC in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi this afternoon I noticed in my recent flies folders, empty fies with chinese characters like 㩃啜敳獲䭜汥楶屮潄畣敭瑮屳慭捴癨摩潥屳㠱ㄭⴰ〲㠱卜乕ぐ㄰⸰噁I먀氫㐴圀谀ɋɋ . They are sized... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by 7ender, Oct 18, 2018.

1. 7ender Win User

chinese characters recent files, VLC

Hi this afternoon I noticed in my recent flies folders, empty fies with chinese characters like 㩃啜敳獲䭜汥楶屮潄畣敭瑮屳慭捴癨摩潥屳㠱ㄭⴰ〲㠱卜乕ぐ㄰⸰噁I먀氫㐴圀谀ɋɋ . They are sized 0 bytes.

Now I did google about it, and it seemed related to VLC video player which I did use yesterday night.

What I could not find if it is a harmless bug by VLC itself, or if it is some security leak that gets these strange flies on my computer and which then could be harmfull.

Does anyone here now?

:)

7ender, Oct 18, 2018

2. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 18, 2018
  3. migranule Win User
    Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Oct 18, 2018
  4. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

1. chinese characters recent files, VLC - Similar Threads - chinese characters recent

2. Chinese characters in Defender Scan results files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters in Defender Scan results files: In all three directories under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Results\Quick \Resource\SystemAll of the text files contain only Chinese Characters. They only date back about 4 days.Each file is named with a GUID and is 10-15K in size. 'Properties' on...
  3. Chinese characters in Defender Scan results files

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese characters in Defender Scan results files: In all three directories under C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Scans\History\Results\Quick \Resource\SystemAll of the text files contain only Chinese Characters. They only date back about 4 days.Each file is named with a GUID and is 10-15K in size. 'Properties' on...
  4. File name doesn't match these Chinese characters

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File name doesn't match these Chinese characters: I tried to open the file that contains an mp3 with the words in it. When I open this music file into the Groove Music app, it doesn't actually show Chinese characters. It also happens in Windows Media Player. When I tried to play a music file using Microsoft Edge, it shows...
  5. Chinese characters on calendar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese characters on calendar: My calendar settings show 'Do not show additional calendars' but I still have Chinese characters on my icloud calendar. I've tried shutting down and restarting but they are still there. I can't see my entries because they are in Chinese. ....
  6. Chinese Characters not Appearing

Chinese Characters not Appearing: Hello when I typed the Pinyin the Chinese characters didn't appear so I can't type please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-not-appearing/5b347d07-d779-4e8a-97c4-db045805f13a
  7. Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese Character in Names of Zipped Files: Hi, I'm a translator and get sent a lot of files containing Chinese characters in the file name. If these files are sent to me in a zip folder, the file names get all messed up, e.g. "δ--⌐ε½.doc", after unzipping. Is there some way to stop this from happening? Do I need to...
  8. Chinese character

Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  9. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  10. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chinese characters windows quick access after vlc