Windows 10: Chinese Deepfake App ZAO Goes Viral, Privacy Of Millions 'At Risk'

Discus and support Chinese Deepfake App ZAO Goes Viral, Privacy Of Millions 'At Risk' in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Source China is having its own FaceApp privacy storm—you'll need to ignore the irony for a moment, as the ZAO face-swapping app has become an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by ThrashZone, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Chinese Deepfake App ZAO Goes Viral, Privacy Of Millions 'At Risk'

Source

:)

ThrashZone, Sep 4, 2019
  2. Rubi Win User

Click Tracking Privacy Risk

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but since it is about security here goes.

I came across this article and wonder what others think about it:
    Major Browsers to Prevent Disabling of Click Tracking Privacy Risk

Will addons such as AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin etc. become essentially useless in this scenario?

Rubi, Sep 4, 2019
  3. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Chinese Deepfake App ZAO Goes Viral, Privacy Of Millions 'At Risk'

Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Chinese Deepfake App ZAO Goes Viral, Privacy Of Millions 'At Risk'

1. Chinese Deepfake App ZAO Goes Viral, Privacy Of Millions 'At Risk' - Similar Threads - Chinese Deepfake App

2. Are there privacy and security risks if I use an Windows Education or Windows Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there privacy and security risks if I use an Windows Education or Windows Enterprise?: I use Windows Education from my university now, will the IT administrator threaten my privacy and security?I want to know what permissions do IT administrators have?1. Can the IT administrator take full control of my computer?Such as:read/write/modify data on diskchange...
  3. Are there privacy and security risks if I use an Windows Education or Windows Enterprise?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there privacy and security risks if I use an Windows Education or Windows Enterprise?: I use Windows Education from my university now, will the IT administrator threaten my privacy and security?I want to know what permissions do IT administrators have?1. Can the IT administrator take full control of my computer?Such as:read/write/modify data on diskchange...
  4. Are there privacy and security risks if I use an Windows Education or Windows Enterprise?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Windows 10's viral updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10's viral updates: I have a laptop. I run windows 10 1809. I don't want Windows to update. Ever again. Period. No scans for new patches, no hidden updates, no side stepping MY GOD DAMN SETTINGS. I have been patient, waiting for things on Microsoft's end to improve. I've used McAfee Firewall,...
  6. repair of windows after a viral attack

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    repair of windows after a viral attack: Having issues re-installing windows after a viral attack, i keep getting the error code 0x8007042B - 0x000D the installation failed in the SECOND_BOOT phase with an error during MIGRATE_DATA operation. I am running Windows 10 Pro, version 1909, and it has an OS build of...
  7. Win insider program privacy risks

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win insider program privacy risks: Hello, I reinstalled win 10 after a while of using Linux, back when the OS was released I signed in with my personal Microsoft account to the program to get the free copy but formatted my computer later, one of the reasons was because of Microsoft monitoring my usage of the...
  8. Swapfile.sys is a no 1 huge privacy risk for Microsoft industries

Swapfile.sys is a no 1 huge privacy risk for Microsoft industries: Tell me about Swapfile.sys, and its file replacement, usage. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/swapfilesys-is-a-no-1-huge-privacy-risk-for/d82764bc-7df8-4af3-bc9b-dd73f6be63c8"
  9. Click Tracking Privacy Risk

Click Tracking Privacy Risk: I'm not sure if this is the right place to post but since it is about security here goes. I came across this article and wonder what others think about it: Major Browsers to Prevent Disabling of Click Tracking Privacy Risk Will addons such as AdBlock Plus, uBlock Origin...
  10. Risk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Risk: I just bought risk from the microsoft store on my pc and now it wont let me install it on my device. Is there anything i can change to make it install? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/risk/31de6d96-8c96-4dfe-abff-b30f6ea70d14

Users found this page by searching for:

1. deepfake