Windows 10: Chinese IME

Discus and support Chinese IME in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I can type chinese word in windows search bar after installed chinese language under Add Language but i could not type at any others app browser... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Steve Woo, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Steve Woo Win User

Chinese IME

I can type chinese word in windows search bar after installed chinese language under Add Language but i could not type at any others app browser address bar, MS Words etc and it didn't show the language bar at taskbar but the Chinese IME is enable in the background. please advise.

:)

Steve Woo, Apr 21, 2020

2. chinese ime problem

Hi,

Chinese IME (Input Method Editor) is a tool allows you to write Chinese on your computer without installing any software. This issue occurs if the there's something needs to be configured. To isolate your concern, answer the following questions
    below:

• Were there any changes, recent updates, and newly installed applications on your device that may have affected your computer's performance?
    • Which version and build of Windows device are you using? To verify your Windows, press
      Windows + R to open the Run window. Type WINVER
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • To avoid repetition, can you provide us with all the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Marvelos Reg, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Preferences in Chinese IME

Hi Saylem,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

You can clear the previous saved suggestions and check if that helps. To clear the previous saved suggestions follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Open Time & Language.
    3. Click on Region & Language.
    4. Click on the Chinese language and select
      Options.
    5. Now, Click on Microsoft Pinyin and click on
      Options.
    6. Click on Lexicon and self-learning.
    7. Click on Clear input history.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 21, 2020
  4. zhoudy Win User

Chinese IME

Chinese IME in Windows 10

I have been using Microsoft Chinese IME (traditional Chinese) in Windows 10 for awhile, and the automatic "learning" feature doesn't work (listing the characters I use most first). It did work in Windows 7. Is this a bug?

zhoudy, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Chinese IME

1. Chinese IME - Similar Threads - Chinese IME

2. Microsoft Chinese IME auto selects and modes randomly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Chinese IME auto selects and modes randomly: Depending on which text box or window is focused, this icon will be either or . This of course is extremely irritating and a complete waste of users' time and sanity, and it seems to choose the wrong mode 99% of the time. There is Settings > IME Settings > Microsoft Pinyin >...
  3. Microsoft Chinese IME auto selects and modes randomly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Chinese IME auto selects and modes randomly: Depending on which text box or window is focused, this icon will be either or . This of course is extremely irritating and a complete waste of users' time and sanity, and it seems to choose the wrong mode 99% of the time. There is Settings > IME Settings > Microsoft Pinyin >...
  4. Setting Chinse IME off by default in Chinese locale, without changing the Keys like Shift.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting Chinse IME off by default in Chinese locale, without changing the Keys like Shift.: We are updating our application to support Chinese locale. For that for some control we need to Set IME mode ON, so that, Chinese input should be possible and or all other control writing language support should be English. But when I start my application, for controls which...
  5. Setting Chinse IME off by default in Chinese locale, without changing the Keys like Shift.

Setting Chinse IME off by default in Chinese locale, without changing the Keys like Shift.: We are updating our application to support Chinese locale. For that for some control we need to Set IME mode ON, so that, Chinese input should be possible and or all other control writing language support should be English. But when I start my application, for controls which...
  6. Cannot get Chinese Traditional IME Basic Typing and Handwriting downloads complete

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot get Chinese Traditional IME Basic Typing and Handwriting downloads complete: Cannot get Chinese Traditional IME Basic Typing and Handwriting downloads complete. It has been in pending status for days.Please help to advise....
  7. Cannot get Chinese Traditional IME Basic Typing and Handwriting downloads complete

Cannot get Chinese Traditional IME Basic Typing and Handwriting downloads complete: Cannot get Chinese Traditional IME Basic Typing and Handwriting downloads complete. It has been in pending status for days.Please help to advise....
  8. Self-learning function for pinyin IME is greyed out when using traditional Chinese

Self-learning function for pinyin IME is greyed out when using traditional Chinese: I enabled the Chinese Simplified, Singapore input method in Win11. If Chinese Simplified is applied, the self-learning function works. However, if I switch to Chinese Traditional, the self-learning function gets greyed out. May I know what the issue is? It is very frustrating...
  9. Self-learning function for pinyin IME is greyed out when using traditional Chinese

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Self-learning function for pinyin IME is greyed out when using traditional Chinese: I enabled the Chinese Simplified, Singapore input method in Win11. If Chinese Simplified is applied, the self-learning function works. However, if I switch to Chinese Traditional, the self-learning function gets greyed out. May I know what the issue is? It is very frustrating...
  10. Black box around Chinese IME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black box around Chinese IME: Self explanatory.Any way to fix this?Same thhing on black bg https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-box-around-chinese-ime/d4e90fff-ae15-4a6d-9c1a-2c0368700a40

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to activate ime in win 10 version 2004

2. where do I find keyboard with bopomofo in Window 10

3. whz the bopomofo kezboard doesnt work\

4. show bopomofo keyboard windows 10,
  5. bopomo screen input keyboard