Windows 10: Chinese in Notepad

Discus and support Chinese in Notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I was typing a Chinese essay on my computer in notepad. When I saved it, there was a message box that said I would lose my work if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stephen_766, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Chinese in Notepad

Hello,

Recently I was typing a Chinese essay on my computer in notepad. When I saved it, there was a message box that said I would lose my work if I didn't choose the correct encoding. Since I didn't really know what I should really do, I saved it as ANSI (the default). The next time I opened my essay, all that showed up was a bunch of question marks with the occasional comma or exclamation mark. I realized my mistake and I know that next time I should save in Unicode. However, is there any way I can get my work back?

Thanks.

:)

Stephen_766, Apr 26, 2019
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Apr 26, 2019
  3. howeshou Win User
    Notepad in Windows 10 doesn't display Chinese character

Thank you very much for your help.

I took your suggestion and created a new Notepad in Chinese. At the time I was typing it it showed the Chinese characters correctly, but after I saved and close the file, when I open it again it showed questions marks "????????" in place of Chinese characters.
    When I open another Notepad file containing Chinese characters created in a different computer, it showed a bunch of strange characters in stead of question marks.

I did also tried changed the font style under format options, but it didn't help either.

Thanks again for your effort and have a nice day!

howeshou, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Chinese in Notepad

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Chinese in Notepad

1. Chinese in Notepad - Similar Threads - Chinese Notepad

2. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet on Windows 10: Hi Everyone,I am using a Windows 10 version 22H2. The problem is when I try to install the Microsoft Bopomofo pinyin input method under the Chinese Taiwan category.It will be installed successfully. However, when I try to use it and switch to this input method, I can only...
  3. Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet on Windows 10: Hi Everyone,I am using a Windows 10 version 22H2. The problem is when I try to install the Microsoft Bopomofo pinyin input method under the Chinese Taiwan category.It will be installed successfully. However, when I try to use it and switch to this input method, I can only...
  4. i have been receiving the error 0x80070032 and 0x80070005 when im downloading my chinese...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i have been receiving the error 0x80070032 and 0x80070005 when im downloading my chinese...: Also microsoft store is also not launching, its been loading for 30 minutes despite already repaired and resetting the microsoft store.And microsoft is unable to update also, error code: 0x80070005...
  5. i have been receiving the error 0x80070032 and 0x80070005 when im downloading my chinese...

i have been receiving the error 0x80070032 and 0x80070005 when im downloading my chinese...: Also microsoft store is also not launching, its been loading for 30 minutes despite already repaired and resetting the microsoft store.And microsoft is unable to update also, error code: 0x80070005...
  6. How to change the notepad application language to Chinese or Japanese?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the notepad application language to Chinese or Japanese?: We are not able to change the notepad application language to native language, by default it is coming in English,Facing this issue in Win 21H2 and 22H2 series of windows. For more info please refer the highlighted part of the below screenshot....
  7. How to change the notepad application language to Chinese or Japanese?

How to change the notepad application language to Chinese or Japanese?: We are not able to change the notepad application language to native language, by default it is coming in English,Facing this issue in Win 21H2 and 22H2 series of windows. For more info please refer the highlighted part of the below screenshot....
  8. Chinese characters in Notepad can't be shown correctly in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chinese characters in Notepad can't be shown correctly in Windows 11: I'v changed "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Chinese https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-in-notepad-cant-be-shown/09b87329-0331-4560-ac47-8e4abfd02894
  9. Chinese characters in Notepad can't be shown correctly in Windows 11

Chinese characters in Notepad can't be shown correctly in Windows 11: I'v changed "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Chinese https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-characters-in-notepad-cant-be-shown/09b87329-0331-4560-ac47-8e4abfd02894
  10. Notepad content is in another language(maybe chinese), how to translate to English?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Notepad content is in another language(maybe chinese), how to translate to English?: Notepad content is in another language(maybe chinese), how to translate to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-content-is-in-another-languagemaybe/740fadd6-faf9-405a-922a-4bee1c616aa7

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chinese notepad

2. how to key in chinese characters in notepad

3. notepad in windows 10 for chinese

4. how to display chinese in notepad on windows10,
  5. note pad couldnt display chinese characters win10,
  6. notepad chinese,
  7. how to add chinese to notepad,
  8. write chinese in notepad