Windows 10: Chinese in Notepad

Discus and support Chinese in Notepad in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Recently I was typing a Chinese essay on my computer in notepad. When I saved it, there was a message box that said I would lose my work if I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Stephen_766, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Chinese in Notepad

Hello,

Recently I was typing a Chinese essay on my computer in notepad. When I saved it, there was a message box that said I would lose my work if I didn't choose the correct encoding. Since I didn't really know what I should really do, I saved it as ANSI (the default). The next time I opened my essay, all that showed up was a bunch of question marks with the occasional comma or exclamation mark. I realized my mistake and I know that next time I should save in Unicode. However, is there any way I can get my work back?

Thanks.

:)

Stephen_766, Apr 26, 2019
  2. migranule Win User

Windows 10 v1803 cannot copy paste Chinese characters

I don't know why, It's strange!!!

1. Every time I restarted my PC. Open a Notepad, input some Chinese characters with some English characters. Then, copy and paste them in Notepad, find that only English characters are copied while Chinese characters are lost. Then open the Microsoft Word
    2016, the situation is the same, copy paste will lost non-English characters.

2. I tried following step, then the Windows 10 can copy and paste Chinese characters.

• Press the 'Windows + R' keys together
    • In the 'Open' window input 'WinWord /a', and press Enter.
    Then the Microsoft Word was opened. I input some Chinese characters with some English characters, and then copy and paste them, found that Chinese characters can be copied!!! Then I closed Word, opened the Notepad again, inputted some
    Chinese characters with some English characters, found that Chinese characters also could be copied in Notepad!!!

I don't know why, It's so strange!!!

migranule, Apr 26, 2019
  3. howeshou Win User
    Notepad in Windows 10 doesn't display Chinese character

Thank you very much for your help.

I took your suggestion and created a new Notepad in Chinese. At the time I was typing it it showed the Chinese characters correctly, but after I saved and close the file, when I open it again it showed questions marks "????????" in place of Chinese characters.
    When I open another Notepad file containing Chinese characters created in a different computer, it showed a bunch of strange characters in stead of question marks.

I did also tried changed the font style under format options, but it didn't help either.

Thanks again for your effort and have a nice day!

howeshou, Apr 26, 2019
  4. Chinese in Notepad

Notepad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager. Here’s a tip: press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
    • Click on Startup tab.
    • Select Notepad from the list and click on Disable.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us
    for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 26, 2019
Thema:

Chinese in Notepad

1. Chinese in Notepad - Similar Threads - Chinese Notepad

2. Chinese input on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese input on Windows 10: On Windows 7 I can enter pinyin with punctuation to convert the previous entries (to the first choice of characters) without stopping. On Windows 10 any punctuation exits pinyin mode without converting the previous entries to characters. Is there a way to avoid this?...
  3. Chinese comma bottom on screen Keyboard doesn't work

Chinese comma bottom on screen Keyboard doesn't work: As title, When I press the Chinese comma bottom on screen keyboard, Nothing Happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-comma-bottom-on-screen-keyboard-doesnt/0734d7a7-cc37-44c2-a072-e615b430e9be
  4. Can you help me change the system to chinese?

Can you help me change the system to chinese?: Can you help me change the system to chinese? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-help-me-change-the-system-to-chinese/000fe415-de03-4bc9-8f02-419a9bbf7a80
  5. How to add Chinese Simplified QuanPin in Windows 10

How to add Chinese Simplified QuanPin in Windows 10: Dear Support, How to add Chinese Simplified QuanPin in Windows 10? In windows 7, I am able to do it but not in Windows 10. Why? Appreciate anyone can show guide steps how can I do it if it is possible Thanks, Victor ***Moved From: Windows 10/Windows Ink & touch***...
  6. Chinese IME not working in Windows 10 after recent upgrades when I copy a block in Visio

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese IME not working in Windows 10 after recent upgrades when I copy a block in Visio: After the recent upgrades in windows 10 1809, It's a usual problem occurring in Visio. My windows work in Chinese appearance. My input is Microsoft WUBI. For some reason, I install Visio in English. In such an environment, I find that the Chinese IME crash after I copy a...
  7. “Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Win10

“Traditional Chinese IME is not ready yet” on Win10: Hi folks, I have installed the language pack and added a keyboard. However, when I try to toggle between English and Chinese, a message keeps coming up saying “Traditional Chinese is not ready yet”. How should I resolve this? I have tried reinstalling the pack or...
  8. Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese

in Windows 10 Support
    Incomplete Language Change- some panels stuck on Chinese: I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language) Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store. The edition...
  9. Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese

Windows 10 Pro language change- Windows Update stuck on Chinese: I recently purchased a Lenovo notebook in China, it came with Windows 10 Home (Chinese language) Right after the first setup and downloading all the recent updates I purchased the "Pro" upgrade through Settings->Update&security->Activation, in Microsoft Store. The edition...
  10. Notepad content is in another language(maybe chinese), how to translate to English?

Notepad content is in another language(maybe chinese), how to translate to English?: Notepad content is in another language(maybe chinese), how to translate to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-content-is-in-another-languagemaybe/740fadd6-faf9-405a-922a-4bee1c616aa7