Windows 10: Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

Discus and support Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have purchased a laptop in China and the operating system is all in Chinese. I would like it to be in English. Default language settings cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John S123123, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

Hi

I have purchased a laptop in China and the operating system is all in Chinese. I would like it to be in English. Default language settings cannot be changed, it appears the Chinese version of Windows installed on the laptop is Chinese language only and blocks other default languages from being installed. My understanding is I therefore have two options but want to make sure both actually work before going ahead:

1. Perform clean install of Windows 10 English language version using a USB. I have managed to obtain the Windows Product Key for the laptop using a powershell query but will this key still work with an English language version of Windows? Is it possible to buy a new Windows Home product key code on the Microsoft Store that I can use?

2. Purchase Windows Pro and upgrade. I can navigate to the Microsoft store where the option to upgrade to Pro exists but I'm wary of paying for it expensive and then discovering everything remains in Chinese.

Grateful for any help and any other solutions! Thanks!

:)

John S123123, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Superfly Win User

Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEMChinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows :DM

It's a Chinese only edition. Only the OEM's there have it.

Superfly, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

1. Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows - Similar Threads - Chinese Laptop CoreCountrySpecific

2. Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation key from new Chinese laptop not working: Hi I've just purchased a laptop in China with Windows 10. Because I wanted an English version, I made an USB and reinstalled everything. I got my product key using the command wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductKey Also, I saw the details using...
  3. Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.: I'm in China, and I needed a new laptop. Unfortunately, changing the language on this laptop has been hell compared to a MacBook. First I had to purchase new Windows key just so I could change the language because apparently the version of Windows computers come with in China...
  4. Chinese windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Chinese windows 10: I am desperately looking for the CHINESE version of windows 10. Can't find it anywhere! Do you have any suggestions?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-windows-10/24a0f302-2ff5-498d-92cb-7a257a233515"
  5. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chinese character: Hi, i can using Chinese character anywhere (i.e. browser, excel, words), but can't rename file/folder in Chinese. When i type, only English characters are appeared. [ATTACH][ATTACH] i am using windows 10 professional. pls advise.. Thanks...
  6. Chinese Characters

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Chinese Characters: Good day, all - While running MSERT, I notice what appear to be Chinese characters in the strings of letters and numbers. Does this mean my computer has been hacked? If so, how do I remove the hack?...
  7. Chinese in Notepad

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Chinese in Notepad: Hello, Recently I was typing a Chinese essay on my computer in notepad. When I saved it, there was a message box that said I would lose my work if I didn't choose the correct encoding. Since I didn't really know what I should really do, I saved it as ANSI (the default). The...
  8. Chinese license

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Chinese license: Hi, we bought a laptop in China (Xiaomi) that included a Home License, but seems like this license does not allow us to switch the language to English. We went to Xiaomi to check about that and they told us officially that this license cannot switch language to English....
  9. Chinese character

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chinese character: to Support group, don't know what happen, when I upgrade the window 10, the Chinese typing is not working .Please tell me what to do. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chinese-character/4a47290e-887d-4045-ae53-a04571eedac0
  10. Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM:DM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM:DM: I have an unused Win 10 Key and ShowKeyPlus says it is Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM :dM where can I get an iso for this? 67356