Windows 10: Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

Discus and support Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have purchased a laptop in China and the operating system is all in Chinese. I would like it to be in English. Default language settings cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by John S123123, Feb 29, 2020.

1. Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

Hi

I have purchased a laptop in China and the operating system is all in Chinese. I would like it to be in English. Default language settings cannot be changed, it appears the Chinese version of Windows installed on the laptop is Chinese language only and blocks other default languages from being installed. My understanding is I therefore have two options but want to make sure both actually work before going ahead:

1. Perform clean install of Windows 10 English language version using a USB. I have managed to obtain the Windows Product Key for the laptop using a powershell query but will this key still work with an English language version of Windows? Is it possible to buy a new Windows Home product key code on the Microsoft Store that I can use?

2. Purchase Windows Pro and upgrade. I can navigate to the Microsoft store where the option to upgrade to Pro exists but I'm wary of paying for it expensive and then discovering everything remains in Chinese.

Grateful for any help and any other solutions! Thanks!

:)

John S123123, Feb 29, 2020
  2. Superfly Win User

Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEMChinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows :DM

It's a Chinese only edition. Only the OEM's there have it.

Superfly, Feb 29, 2020
  3. Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 29, 2020
  4. Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

"Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 29, 2020
Thema:

Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows

1. Chinese Laptop - CoreCountrySpecific Windows - Similar Threads - Chinese Laptop CoreCountrySpecific

2. Upgrade Windows 11 CoreCountrySpecific Home version license

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade Windows 11 CoreCountrySpecific Home version license: I have an gifted laptop however the windows license installed on the laptop is a core country specific home version license and I'm looking if this could be upgraded to multi language license.I would appreciate if someone could guide me to appropriate thread....
  3. Upgrade Windows 11 CoreCountrySpecific Home version license

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 CoreCountrySpecific Home version license: I have an gifted laptop however the windows license installed on the laptop is a core country specific home version license and I'm looking if this could be upgraded to multi language license.I would appreciate if someone could guide me to appropriate thread....
  4. Language change on a new Chinese Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language change on a new Chinese Laptop: Hi, I was hoping for some help. I just bought a new laptop in Shanghai and it came with Win10 home Chinese edition. I tried to change the language with no luck. I read on the net that if I upgraded to Win10 Pro I would get additional language options. So, I bought that and...
  5. Language change on a new Chinese Laptop

Language change on a new Chinese Laptop: Hi, I was hoping for some help. I just bought a new laptop in Shanghai and it came with Win10 home Chinese edition. I tried to change the language with no luck. I read on the net that if I upgraded to Win10 Pro I would get additional language options. So, I bought that and...
  6. Convert Chinese Laptop to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert Chinese Laptop to English: A friend of mine bought a laptop in China she is on a two year contract there, Everything is in Chinese in Windows 11. How can the Windows 11 be changed to English. According to the Chinese IT the Windows 11 is a Chinese family package and cannot be converted from Chinese to...
  7. Convert Chinese Laptop to English

Convert Chinese Laptop to English: A friend of mine bought a laptop in China she is on a two year contract there, Everything is in Chinese in Windows 11. How can the Windows 11 be changed to English. According to the Chinese IT the Windows 11 is a Chinese family package and cannot be converted from Chinese to...
  8. Windows 10 Language Chinese Laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Language Chinese Laptop: Dear Community, I've bought the latest Huawei MateBook X Pro 2021 Laptop. This machine is just a pure happiness my opinion. My problem is that the windows 10 installed on it supports only Chinese language. I tried everything to just add another language but CANNOT do it....
  9. Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Randomly in Chinese sometimes.: I'm in China, and I needed a new laptop. Unfortunately, changing the language on this laptop has been hell compared to a MacBook. First I had to purchase new Windows key just so I could change the language because apparently the version of Windows computers come with in China...
  10. Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM:DM

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM:DM: I have an unused Win 10 Key and ShowKeyPlus says it is Win 10 RTM CoreCountrySpecific OEM :dM where can I get an iso for this? 67356