Windows 10: Chinese license

Discus and support Chinese license in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, we bought a laptop in China (Xiaomi) that included a Home License, but seems like this license does not allow us to switch the language to English.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by joejump, Feb 4, 2019.

1. joejump Win User

Chinese license

Hi, we bought a laptop in China (Xiaomi) that included a Home License, but seems like this license does not allow us to switch the language to English.

We went to Xiaomi to check about that and they told us officially that this license cannot switch language to English. Wanted to know if that is correct, or there is an easy way to switch to English without having to reinstall Windows (and buy a new license).

Thanks

:)

joejump, Feb 4, 2019

2. Changed Cortana into US English but Still Replied in Chinese

Hi Rynn,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

I suggest you to Remove the Chineselanguage and add it again and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

Step 1: Remove the Chinese language.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on the Option adjacent to the
      Chineselanguage.

• Click on remove under input method.

Step 2: Add ChineseLanguage.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Control panel.

• Select language.

• Click on Add language.

• Add the Chinese language from the given list.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 4, 2019
  3. "Chinese Characters" program delaying shutdown - a different approach.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

• As you have mentioned this happens only in the Admin account, is it local account set as admin account or the Microsoft account?
    I would suggest you to check the all apps list and check if that Chinese character app is present.

After you try the above steps and share us the results what happens we can proceed with the further suggestions.

Please post us back with the results after troubleshooting the above steps and check.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Feb 4, 2019
  4. Chinese license

can't change the language from chinese to English for windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

I would suggest you, try removing Chinese language pack and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

• Type Language in the search area on the taskbar and select
      Language.

• Select the Chinese language and click on
      Move down (if it is on the top).

• Click on Remove Option.
    Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Ruth Buruga, Feb 4, 2019
Thema:

Chinese license

1. Chinese license - Similar Threads - Chinese license

2. What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?: My laptop has these weird chinese folders inside C drive. Inside are these zip files. Anyone has any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-these-chinese-folders-in-my-c-drive/d777ad74-39d7-4ae6-9017-2350f917586d
  3. What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's these Chinese Folders in my C Drive?: My laptop has these weird chinese folders inside C drive. Inside are these zip files. Anyone has any idea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-these-chinese-folders-in-my-c-drive/d777ad74-39d7-4ae6-9017-2350f917586d
  4. Page File name in Chinese words.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Page File name in Chinese words.: I'm just going through the system information and find that the Page File is with some Chinese words. C:\Windows\Ю I'm unable to locate it manually, is it a virus or malware, how to deal with it.System Configuration - Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz,...
  5. Page File name in Chinese words.

Page File name in Chinese words.: I'm just going through the system information and find that the Page File is with some Chinese words. C:\Windows\Ю I'm unable to locate it manually, is it a virus or malware, how to deal with it.System Configuration - Processor IntelR CoreTM i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2208 Mhz,...
  6. Unable to install Chinese Language Pack on Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Chinese Language Pack on Windows 11 Home: Hi, I am using Surface Pro 9 Windows 11 Home edition. I am unable to install Chinese language pack. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-chinese-language-pack-on-windows/5e9e7cc3-2160-4a38-923a-59ab9d94874d
  7. Unable to install Chinese Language Pack on Windows 11 Home

Unable to install Chinese Language Pack on Windows 11 Home: Hi, I am using Surface Pro 9 Windows 11 Home edition. I am unable to install Chinese language pack. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-chinese-language-pack-on-windows/5e9e7cc3-2160-4a38-923a-59ab9d94874d
  8. How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English: As the previous community posts were unhelpful to me.I have a Huawei d14 that I got from China.Specs:i5 13420H16 GB Ram512 GB storage With Windows 11 Home Chinese edition 23H2It's locked with only one display language. I have tried to find support but could not....
  9. How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English

How to change from Windows 11 home Chinese Edition to Windows 11 home English: As the previous community posts were unhelpful to me.I have a Huawei d14 that I got from China.Specs:i5 13420H16 GB Ram512 GB storage With Windows 11 Home Chinese edition 23H2It's locked with only one display language. I have tried to find support but could not....
  10. microsoft chinese input method can't display candidate item when i play cs2 or dota2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft chinese input method can't display candidate item when i play cs2 or dota2: when and how we can fix it? it's exist since 4 or 5 years ago on win10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-chinese-input-method-cant-display/73f64117-86f2-473b-abf1-238d7b1ebeac