Windows 10: Chinese Text render behaviour problem in Windows 7 vs Windows 10

Discus and support Chinese Text render behaviour problem in Windows 7 vs Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We have .Net 4.5 based WPF application. It works correctly on Windows 7. When we moved it to Windows 10 it started malfunctioning. On investigation... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by hmahajan, May 2, 2016.

1. hmahajan Win User

Chinese Text render behaviour problem in Windows 7 vs Windows 10

We have .Net 4.5 based WPF application. It works correctly on Windows 7.
    When we moved it to Windows 10 it started malfunctioning.
    On investigation we found that when we type a set of 2 character typing will make one Chinese character.
    In windows 7 when we press first character it is converted to <BLANK space> for display in text box. When we press another character again it decides the final Chinese character to render.

In windows 10 this behaviour has changed.
    when we press first character it is NOT converted but render as it is. When we press another character it decides the final Chinese character to render, by replacing first and second character typed.

:)

hmahajan, May 2, 2016
  2. laogui Win User

Windows 10 IME no longer outputs Chinese or Japanese although the language bar shows pinyin or romaji mode

Until a week ago IME had been operating most satisfactorily. On the 17th Oct there appears to have been a Microsoft Office
    2007 and Windows Update which took several hours at the time.

Within Browsers (both Chrome and Edge) I can no longer enter Chinese. Within google translate, in Chinese when I type in pinyin, the behaviour is upside down. That is pinyin appears as text within the text box, but hanzi (Chinese characters) appears underneath.
    When I am in Chinese input mode, the Character for Chinese pops down as I mouse-over text boxes, but typing just echoes the pinyin input.

Word and Outlook operate as before, and I can enter Chinese characters, however
    Excel does not. Now I cannot enter Chinese in Excel.

Skype and QQ also still permit pinyin -> hanzi input as before.

However the loss of Chinese input in the browsers is a serious problem.

Windows 10, 64 bit

Microsoft Office 365, Subscription.

Note that this problem impacts two different desktop computers, one running Windows 7, one running Windows 10. Behaviour is identical, HTML Text boxes in several browsers do not accept IME input in either Chinese or Japanese.

4th November - further discoveries.

看吧!能写中文!

Excel problems righted themselves, unexplained, but I am sure something was updated.

Right now I am using Internet Explorer 11 on Windows 10. IE11 still works.

IE9 still works on an old Vista Machine.

IE works on my old Win7 machine.

On this machine (Win10) Edge does not work, nor does Chrome - no idea about Firefox, and not going to try.

So now I strongly suspect it is a compound effect on Windows and Browsers - maybe HTML control specific. IE11 presumably hasn't updated, and IE9 certainly hasn't. Chrome was updated mid October, so was Windows, and probably Edge with it.

laogui, May 2, 2016
  3. Unicode in twitter app

All the Windows Phones use Unicode for it's encoding of text. But using the Unicode encoding doesn't mean that the device is able to render the visual representation of that encoding. I don't think that Windows Phone 7.x had support for rendering Hindi
    (see this). It looks that Hindi support didn't come until Windows Phone 8.

Technical explanation of encoding
    here

Joel Ivory Johnson, May 2, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

dalchina, May 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Chinese Text render behaviour problem in Windows 7 vs Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Chinese Text render

2. Incorrect rendering of Chinese keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Incorrect rendering of Chinese keyboard: As you can see, the first character is only rendered for the first sixteenth.But the rest of the inline box seems to render well.Help me, it's bothering me so much....
  3. Incorrect rendering of Chinese keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Incorrect rendering of Chinese keyboard: As you can see, the first character is only rendered for the first sixteenth.But the rest of the inline box seems to render well.Help me, it's bothering me so much....
  4. Text rendering badly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Text rendering badly: My text is rendering badly on my 1080p display, black text looks to be a mix of black, red, and blue, and pixelated which is highly unpleasant to look at. I've gone through multiple steps to try and remove this including configuring clear type, disabling font smoothing in the...
  5. Windows 7 vs Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 7 vs Windows 10: Why I feel Windows 10 is acting slower than Windows 7 in my machine? My device is Dell latittude e5410. RAM 4GB DDR3. HDD 500GB. CPU core i5 3rd gen. I know it's old. But windows 7 and windows 10's minimum requirement is completely same. Then why windows 10 seems slower....
  6. Windows 7 vs 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 7 vs 10: Running Adobe programs I have a new windows 10 computer bigger faster 32g ram you name it but it is so much slower then my old windows 7 computer why https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-vs-10/16332006-550c-4ae1-8718-ee19372bcff6
  7. Windows 10 vs. 7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 vs. 7: How do I get my windows 7 back? When I upgraded I lost all my Office Package (i.e. word, excel, powerpoint, etc.). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-vs-7/598e0d36-869b-4fcf-98eb-b1866a3dddef
  8. Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 7 vs Windows 8 vs Windows 10: I'm a Mac person... What is the difference between Windows 7 and Windows 8 and Windows 10? I've learned that newer is not always better. Also, I believe Windows 7 or Windows 8 was considered a bomb, right? The content of this question is I am trying to figure out...
  9. Windows 10 vs. Windows 8.1 vs. Windows 7 Performance

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 vs. Windows 8.1 vs. Windows 7 Performance: Three years ago we were benchmarking Microsoft's then latest operating system, Windows 8. At the time we were keen to make sure Windows 8 performed as well as Windows 7, which was a huge upgrade from 2006's Windows Vista. In the end, we determined that Windows 8 was on par...
  10. UI's text rendering on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    UI's text rendering on Windows 10: Hi All, The following is a screenshot of the pop up menu when you right click on the desktop. In particular is the top part of it. I took it using the Windows 10's magnifier utility. [img] As you can see the text doesn't seem to be rendered correctly. That applies...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 vs windows 10 chinese