Windows 10: Chipset Overheating

Discus and support Chipset Overheating in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My pc run windows 7 since 3 year ago When i install win 10 1503 and use 1 - 2 hour the chipset is Overheating and system automatically shutdown again... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Manish328k, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Chipset Overheating

My pc run windows 7 since 3 year ago

When i install win 10 1503 and use 1 - 2 hour the chipset is Overheating and system automatically shutdown again and again

Then i reinstall win 7 its work fine...

I bought new pc configration core 2 duo 7th generation 2.93 ghz with 4 gb ram ddr3 1336 and 240gb ssd

When i install win 10 same problem the chipset Overheating

What the reason....

:)

Manish328k, Aug 12, 2020

2. Chipset Database

Another category I would be sure to add is whether or not it supports Hyper Threading.

This may be jumping the gun a bit *Big Grin Chipset Overheating :D, as you are still working to establish a solid format for the database, but here goes a suggestion to list in the DB:
    This is a very versatile chipset, especially for all the people looking to upgrade, but keep some older components, with the whole conroe craze etc. A true "stepping stone" chipset:

Basics:
    VIA PT880 Ultra
    it supports Core 2's, P D's, P 4's, Celeron D's (conroe, presler, smithfield, prescott, cedar mill)
    it supports AGP & PCIe graphics
    it supports both DDR & DDR2

error_f0rce, Aug 12, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Intel Readies P55 Chipset B3 Stepping Update

Intel's is readying a hardware update for its P55 Express chipset, currently the only core-logic for the company's brand new socket LGA-1156 processor platform. The new B3 stepping of the P55 PCH will bring with it a little more than new MM number and S-spec numbers. A list of changes is as follows:
    • New MM number and S-spec numbers for the converted products;
    • Firmware and minor BIOS updates are required with the conversion;
    • Processor MRC/microcode update required to enable future processors;
    • Recommended storage driver upgrade from Intel MSM 8.9 to Intel RST 9.5.
    Although it is listed that the MRC update enables 'future processors', Intel, in a statement issued to X-bit labs assured that the current B2 stepping of the chipset (found on current socket LGA-1156 motherboards) does not leave out support for any of Intel's new LGA-1156 processors that are slated for release in the very near future. The dual-core "Clarkale" 32 nm processor will be supported by both B2 and B3 steppings of the chipset.

P55 B3 stepping is pin-identical to P55 B2, and hence motherboard vendors will not have to come up with new designs. Sampling of the new stepping began as early as on October 02, 2009, and it is scheduled for shipment to manufacturers by the 7th of December, 2009. P55 is the performance core-logic for the LGA-1156 platform. It supports Core i5 and Core i7 "Lynnfield" processors with discrete graphics.

Source: X-bit labs

btarunr, Aug 12, 2020
  4. Chipset Overheating

can windows 10 be the cause of overheating ?

Hi,

Thank you for using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1:

Run the System maintenance troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the steps:

a: Press the
    Windows key and click on Settings.

b: Type
    Troubleshooting and select
    troubleshooting.

c. Click
    View all on the left pane of the screen.

d: Click on
    System maintenance.

e: Click
    Next and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2:

Run Power Troubleshooter and check if that helps. Here is the steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      troubleshoot.

• Select Troubleshooting and click on
      System and Security.

• Select Power and follow the onscreen instructions.
    Method 3:

Update the chipset drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Locate Chipset drivers, Under Chipset drivers, expand, then
      right click and select Update.
    • Restart the computer.
    If it doesn’t help, then I would suggest you to uninstall
    and re-install the Chipset drivers in compatibility mode. Here is the steps:

• Go to your manufacturer’s website and download the
      Chipset Driver’s setup file
      for your computer.
    • Press Windows Key + R on your desktop screen to go to run box.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Wireless Driver, expand, then right click and select
      Uninstall.
    • If you are prompted to Confirm then Confirm.
    • Go to the location where you had saved your downloaded setup files of the drivers and
      right click, then select Properties.
    • Select Compatibility Tab.
    • Place a check mark next to Run this program in Compatibility mode and select the operating system accordingly from the drop down list.
    • Let the driver to install and then check the functionality.
    Keep us informed about the status of the issue and let us know if you need further assistance and we’ll be happy to help you.

Navneet Anand, Aug 12, 2020
Thema:

Chipset Overheating

1. Chipset Overheating - Similar Threads - Chipset Overheating

2. 0x124 bugcheck Blamed on chipset drivers obviously not culprit.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x124 bugcheck Blamed on chipset drivers obviously not culprit.: I'm making a post for my friend's PC, because I'm trying to assist him with a crash diagnosis.The dump is blaming the chipset driver, AuthenticAMD.sys for the crash, but that's not saying much.The crash happens somewhat randomly, which is why we're struggling...
  3. 0x124 bugcheck Blamed on chipset drivers obviously not culprit.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x124 bugcheck Blamed on chipset drivers obviously not culprit.: I'm making a post for my friend's PC, because I'm trying to assist him with a crash diagnosis.The dump is blaming the chipset driver, AuthenticAMD.sys for the crash, but that's not saying much.The crash happens somewhat randomly, which is why we're struggling...
  4. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset: What is the latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset graphics driver in windows 7?I'am currently in windows 10 upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Please Answer the given question thanks>...
  5. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset: What is the latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset graphics driver in windows 7?I'am currently in windows 10 upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. Please Answer the given question thanks>...
  6. Hello there, Latest version of opengl in g41 express chipset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  8. Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers

Intel PPM BSOD, Intel chipset drivers: I have recently upgraded BIOS and Windows from 10 to 11 on my desktop PC with a ASUS ROG 390-F GAMING motherboard. After the PC was upgraded it has kept crashing, and I have debugged and eventually found out chipset drivers was not installed after BIOS update. So I downloaded...
  9. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?: I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago...
  10. Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is Microsoft removing disk drivers for older chipsets?: I tried to reinstall Win10 on an 8-year old Lenovo laptop. Downloaded an iso image from microsoft, put on a usb drive and booted from it. The setup program said there was no disk driver for my laptop!Desperate, I found another such Win10 USB drive that I made 2-3 years ago...