Windows 10: Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling

Discus and support Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Why was this changed in Windows 10? I rely on these features and now they no longer exist! WHY?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frogbong1, Nov 19, 2018.

1. frogbong1 Win User

Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling

Why was this changed in Windows 10? I rely on these features and now they no longer exist! WHY?

:)

frogbong1, Nov 19, 2018
  2. jimginer Win User

Dell Inspiron touchpad chiral scrolling

Just received a new Dell pc (3/6/18) and have found the touchpad driver to be lacking. Having to use two fingers to do simple scrolling is so outlandish. Touchpads have been using one finger scrolling for years so what is wrong with Dell's driver? Also
    - there is no 'chiral' scrolling feature in this touchpad driver at all which makes two finger scrolling even more frustrating. One has to place 2 fingers on the pad and slide down, then lift and re-position and drag again to scroll down a sizable page or
    list of search results.

What driver can I download that Dell forgot to provide that will give me one finger scrolling and the chiral scrolling that my last three laptops all had?

jimginer, Nov 19, 2018
  3. No Additional Clickpad Settings or Access to Chiral Scrolling

Hi.

I'm using and HP Probook 450 G4 with a Synaptics SMBus Clickpad. The driver version is 19.3.8.27 which is the latest one available. My problem is I have no access to additional settings provided by Synaptics (as shown in picture below) which could be accessed
    by using the Additional settings option in Settings > Devices >Touchpad.

This is what is usually available:

Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling 5589c87c-be11-4a46-9f9f-cace29195dc1?upload=true.jpg

This is a screenshot from my machine:

Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling c633b0a9-6ec0-4179-a12e-a526a6d94b1e?upload=true.png

Subsequently, I have no access to feature such one finger scrolling (chiral scrolling) and am stuck with using two finger scroll which is offered by windows 1 as default. Please help me resolve this as I find it extremely inconvenient to use the two finger
    scroll.

PS: This is what chiral scrolling options offered by Synaptics

Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling synaptics-chiral-scrolling-3.png

Anubhav Gokhale, Nov 19, 2018
  4. BijuJacob Win User

Synaptics Touchpad and Chiral scrolling in Windows 10

Hello Shashank,

When I did the above registry change as you mentioned, I only got the scroll tab visible but the chiral scrolling is not functioning . Do you know why the chiral or circular scrolling is not functioning for me.? mine is lenovo T470 windows 10 64 bit.

BJ

Thanks

BijuJacob, Nov 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Chiral scrolling and one finger scrolling - Similar Threads - Chiral scrolling finger

2. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  3. scrolling with two fingers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    scrolling with two fingers: Hello, My laptop is having an issue, the two finger scroll doesn't work. I really can't work without it. It doesn't show any settings to turn it on as well. I need it asap....
  4. scrolling with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    scrolling with 2 fingers: Hello, I'm using a thinkpad laptop but the two finger scrolling is not working. I check my settings and there are no options to turn it on or off. Is it possible to have this feature?...
  5. scrolling with 2 fingers

in Windows 10 Customization
    scrolling with 2 fingers: Hello, I'm using a thinkpad laptop but the two finger scrolling is not working. I check my settings and there are no options to turn it on or off. Is it possible to have this feature?...
  6. two finger scroll

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    two finger scroll: Hi I'm having trouble trying to fix my scrolling but the setting people tell me to use I don't have them. The two finger scroll settings is supposed to be in touchpad setting but it's not[ATTACH]...
  7. One-finger scrolling

One-finger scrolling: I'm sorry for my question, I'm just tired of it. Who decided that two-finger scrolling would be ok for all human beings on the planet? I receive again and again emails from various laptop manufacturers that new laptops do not have a touchpad setting "one-finger scrolling". I...
  8. One Finger Scrolling - HELP!

One Finger Scrolling - HELP!: I just purchased a new HP Laptop, and it has 2 finger scrolling which I had never even heard of. Can I change it to one finger scrolling? Please advise https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/one-finger-scrolling-help/f2dd1af5-a555-4237-9609-61cfc5a71a6b
  9. Two finger scrolling

Two finger scrolling: Ok so my two finger scrolling is somehow disabled on this new laptop I got. It was used before but idk how it got disabled...please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/two-finger-scrolling/acee641a-42b3-4e8d-99c4-5d2a3ae91cd0
  10. How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling?

How to change from two-finger scrolling back to one-finger scrolling?: This morning, I decided to make the jump to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1, and I have to say, the design looks simpler to use, but this new OS software has done something with my touchpad. Originally, on my Windows 8.1, I was able to scroll through whatever web pages or folders...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chiral scrolling

2. chiral scrolling surface pro

3. chiral scrolling windows 10

4. which synaptics driver has chiral scrolling,
  5. synaptics chiral scroll windows 10,
  6. chiral scrolling surface book 2,
  7. chirolscrolling,
  8. what itschiral scrolling,
  9. what is chiral scrolling,
  10. chiral scrolling in windows 10,
  11. chiral scrolling disable,