Windows 10: chkdsk and event viewer

Discus and support chkdsk and event viewer in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by coolnewyorker, Dec 29, 2020.

1. chkdsk and event viewer

chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months).

:)

coolnewyorker, Dec 29, 2020

2. there are no chkdsk logs in event viewer

i have run a few chkdsk commands on my hdd and on a few usb sticks, however i can't find any log in the event viewer regarding the chkdsk output.

the commands complete successfully (as i see in the CMD window), it's only the logs that never appear in the event viewer.

Alexios Gk, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Vlastimil Win User
    How to read the latest Chkdsk event viewer log in PowerShell (on Windows 10)?

As I find it rather cumbersome to run Event Viewer and filter out the latest Chkdsk log, may I poke a question:

How to read the latest Chkdsk event viewer log in PowerShell (on Windows 10)?

My humble requirements for the solution:

• It has to be done in PowerShell (not ISE, normal PowerShell terminal).
    • It has to be done without Administrator privileges (to save some mouse clicks).

Important notes:

• I mean the Chkdsk scheduled at boot for the system drive, usually C:.
    • Apart from the log, it should output the date and time, if possible.

Vlastimil, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

chkdsk and event viewer

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

chkdsk and event viewer

1. chkdsk and event viewer - Similar Threads - chkdsk event viewer

2. chkdsk and event viewer

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    chkdsk and event viewer: chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months). 171334
  3. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer: Any way to capture the Warnings and Errors as they happened. I had a BSOD problem associated with Team Viewer and certain links when attempting to open. That has been cleared, appearently by a W-10 update, not by me. The BSOD has disappeared and everything opening normally....
  4. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer: Is there a website or a program I can download preferably free, but willing to buy that will explain the information in and how to use the Event Viewer. I am not experiencing any problems using my computer but I like to learn. Seeing all the info that is logged by my computer...
  5. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event Viewer: Hi, Why there is no Search option in the Event Viewer? People like myself would like to find out if their "application name", "hardware name" etc would appear ini any of the logs and troubleshoot it that way. Right now for some reason after upgrading Arduino to the latest...
  6. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event Viewer: Hi. I'm trying to tackle and understand the mysterious EV. IDs are nonexistent or vague. The wording sometimes make sense sometimes, I don't have access to the PC with the error logs. I'm trying to understand without the access. Hope this makes sense. Questions?...
  7. event viewer

event viewer: I see many errors in event viewer but do not know what they mean. I was going to show one but thought it may compromise my security. Sorry about the post lacking information; are these errors dangerous for the most part or are they harmless. I am not going to poke around here...
  8. Event Viewer

Event Viewer: Is there any way to clear the items listed in 'administrative events' in event viewer? TIA, Richard 98433
  9. Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk (Check Disk) in Windows 10 [img] Information Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by...
  10. Event Viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    Event Viewer: I had a problem with Lockheed Martins P3DV4 software earlier this week which has now been resolved. As part of the trouble shooting process I used Windows Event Viewer to track down the issue. While using Event Viewer I noted it is a "busy" piece of software with...