Windows 10: chkdsk and event viewer

Discus and support chkdsk and event viewer in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by coolnewyorker, Dec 29, 2020.

1. chkdsk and event viewer

chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months).

:)

coolnewyorker, Dec 29, 2020

2. there are no chkdsk logs in event viewer

i have run a few chkdsk commands on my hdd and on a few usb sticks, however i can't find any log in the event viewer regarding the chkdsk output.

the commands complete successfully (as i see in the CMD window), it's only the logs that never appear in the event viewer.

Alexios Gk, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Vlastimil Win User
    How to read the latest Chkdsk event viewer log in PowerShell (on Windows 10)?

As I find it rather cumbersome to run Event Viewer and filter out the latest Chkdsk log, may I poke a question:

How to read the latest Chkdsk event viewer log in PowerShell (on Windows 10)?

My humble requirements for the solution:

• It has to be done in PowerShell (not ISE, normal PowerShell terminal).
    • It has to be done without Administrator privileges (to save some mouse clicks).

Important notes:

• I mean the Chkdsk scheduled at boot for the system drive, usually C:.
    • Apart from the log, it should output the date and time, if possible.

Vlastimil, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

chkdsk and event viewer

Error in Event Viewer

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As you have mentioned, you have performed a repair installation on the computer and you see Event 508, 510 and 533 in Event Viewer.

I would like to inform that if you see any critical error in Event Viewer, please share the event logs with us to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps. Please follow the steps mentioned below to share the event logs:

1. Press Windows + X from the keyboard, select
      Event Viewer.
    2. Expand Windows Logs from the left pane and select
      Applications.
    3. Click Filter Current Log from extreme right pane. Then in the new windows check the box beside
      Error and click OK.
    4. Now, look for a critical Error in the list and note down the message/information from the
      General Tab in the lower section.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

chkdsk and event viewer

1. chkdsk and event viewer - Similar Threads - chkdsk event viewer

2. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log: When booting up, my PC goes to a blue screen and the message "Just a moment" is displayed. Nothing happens for hours and I have to do a hard power down and restart. I ran Chkdsk and received the following in Event Viewer. Could someone please advise what this means and what...
  3. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log: When booting up, my PC goes to a blue screen and the message "Just a moment" is displayed. Nothing happens for hours and I have to do a hard power down and restart. I ran Chkdsk and received the following in Event Viewer. Could someone please advise what this means and what...
  4. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find: I have reviewed the many posts found about this issue. I have taken the suggested steps CHKDSK, DISM, etc. including running the Seagate Utilities. I've even replaced the hard drive. I'm still seeing the events appearing in Event Viewer. Window 10 PRO seems to think my system...
  6. Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find: I have reviewed the many posts found about this issue. I have taken the suggested steps CHKDSK, DISM, etc. including running the Seagate Utilities. I've even replaced the hard drive. I'm still seeing the events appearing in Event Viewer. Window 10 PRO seems to think my system...
  7. Bad block in Event Viewer which CHKDSK doesn't find

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. How to find ChkDsk results in Event Viewer logs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to find ChkDsk results in Event Viewer logs in Windows 10: We run ChkDsk on our computer systems to find and fix the errors. After completing the scanning, the chkdsk results are saved in Event Viewer. You can read the chkdsk results in the Event Viewer with some clicks. In the case of corruption, sudden power failure, etc., Windows...
  9. chkdsk and event viewer

in Windows 10 Support
    chkdsk and event viewer: chkdsk does not do 4 & 5 and event viewer does not find. How do I check disk for errors? And correct errors? (sfc /scannow still scans but is it working? It has not found integrity violation in 5 months). 171334
  10. Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10: How to: Read Chkdsk Log in Event Viewer in Windows 10 How to Read Event Viewer Log for Chkdsk (Check Disk) in Windows 10 [img] Information Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors can usually be caused by...