Windows 10: chkdsk at startup

Discus and support chkdsk at startup in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I found article from 2018 where they are describing how chkdsk is performed at startup and that it can hold machines from loading if disk is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Sparkless1, Nov 29, 2021.

1. chkdsk at startup

Hello, I found article from 2018 where they are describing how chkdsk is performed at startup and that it can hold machines from loading if disk is found faulty.I do not know if URLs are allowed here to post but since it's pretty relevant here I'll take my chances.https://www.datanumen.com/blogs/stuck-repairing-disk-errors-issue-windows-10/ .I am wondering if stuck animation of loading is indication of anything. Did disk check failed and machine is now just stuck or does system still perform command in background or animation is just stuck because command is being performed differently du

:)

Sparkless1, Nov 29, 2021
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Nov 29, 2021
  3. ChkDsk Problem at computer startup

Hi,

Please provide the answers to the following for us to be able to learn more about the issue you're experiencing:

• Are your drivers up-to-date? If not yet, you can follow the steps found on this
      link on how to update your drivers in Windows 10.
    • Have you already tried running chkdsk /f /r command in the Command Prompt to fix any errors on the disk? If not yet, here's how:
    • Right-click the Start icon, choose Command Prompt (Admin) to execute the Command Prompt window.
    • Type chkdsk /f /r, then press the Enter key from the keyboard.

If the above mentioned steps have been followed and the message still appears when booting the laptop, it would be best that you contact your laptop manufacturer as there really might be an issue with your hard drive.

You can also consider running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    first before contacting your laptop manufacturer to find and repair problems with your devices and hardware. You can follow these steps to run the said troubleshooter:

• Right-click the Start icon, then select Control Panel.
    • Choose the Large icons option from the View by drop down list found on the upper-right part of the Control Panel window.
    • Locate then select Troubleshooting.
    • Click View all from the left pane.
    • Locate and click Hardware and Devices to run the troubleshooter then follow the next steps.

Let us know what happens after doing the troubleshooting steps above.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Nov 29, 2021
  4. TV2
    TV2 Win User

chkdsk at startup

CHKDSK messed up

Continue with zbook's excellent instructions.

But if you want to try and get into the BIOS again just to check:
    From your product's website:
    Opening the Startup Menu during system startup on computers

Follow these steps to open the Startup menu when the computer is powered off.

1. Turn on the computer.
    2. Immediately press the Escape key repeatedly, about once every second, until the Startup Menu opens.

You should get this option:

chkdsk at startup [​IMG]

Also: please don't forget to answer Golden's question regarding how the keyboard is connected.

Thema:

chkdsk at startup

1. chkdsk at startup - Similar Threads - chkdsk startup

2. My computer have chkdsk loop on every startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer have chkdsk loop on every startup: What happened:When I booted the computer, chkdsk started and said "To skip disk checking press any key within 8 seconds" and continued to count down. After I press a key, it just restarts to 8 seconds and continues to count down. I need to spam that key for a while in order...
  3. My computer have chkdsk loop on every startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer have chkdsk loop on every startup: What happened:When I booted the computer, chkdsk started and said "To skip disk checking press any key within 8 seconds" and continued to count down. After I press a key, it just restarts to 8 seconds and continues to count down. I need to spam that key for a while in order...
  4. My computer have chkdsk loop on every startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  6. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  7. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. My computer ran chkdsk at startup. It got to Stage 3: 100%; but now seems stuck

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer ran chkdsk at startup. It got to Stage 3: 100%; but now seems stuck: My computer ran chkdsk at startup. It got to Stage 3: 100%; Total: 97%; ETA: 0:00:03 and has been stuck like that for an hour.Is this normal or too long? It's a 8Tb drive....
  9. My computer ran chkdsk at startup. It got to Stage 3: 100%; but now seems stuck

My computer ran chkdsk at startup. It got to Stage 3: 100%; but now seems stuck: My computer ran chkdsk at startup. It got to Stage 3: 100%; Total: 97%; ETA: 0:00:03 and has been stuck like that for an hour.Is this normal or too long? It's a 8Tb drive....
  10. My computer ran chkdsk at startup. It got to Stage 3: 100%; but now seems stuck

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade