Windows 10: CHKDSK automatically skips after the countdown and redirects to Logon Screen

Discus and support CHKDSK automatically skips after the countdown and redirects to Logon Screen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I wanted to check my HD for any errors or bad sectors, but whenever I try it, it automatically skips after the countdown and redirects me to the login... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by KFM566, Apr 21, 2020.

1. KFM566 Win User

CHKDSK automatically skips after the countdown and redirects to Logon Screen

I wanted to check my HD for any errors or bad sectors, but whenever I try it, it automatically skips after the countdown and redirects me to the login screen.

It first shows the countdown, then after the countdown reaches 0 it says "Scanning and Repairing C:\" and it hangs on there for 5 seconds and then skips the disk checking. I don't know if this relates to anything but in the Disk Fragmentation app, it says that System Reserved needs optimization and it is 12% fragmented. I know that it doesn't need optimization, but could this be the reason why chkdsk isn't running?

:)

KFM566, Apr 21, 2020
  2. wolf2009 Win User

Mapped network drives do not connect at logon in vista with automatic logon enabled

I have vista x64 . I have some mapped network drives . They get connected when i enter the password at logon screen. Now i enabled automatic logon in vista and they do not connect anymore . I have to double click on them and enter the password manually .

Windows displays the message "Could not connect to all drives" at logon .

They used to connect automatically in xo with automatic logon enabled.

My logon password is the same as the administrator password with which i can connect to these drives .

wolf2009, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Ferdz Amp Win User
    Chkdsk doesn't run on restart in Windows 10

Hi Shane,

Looks like you are having issues running the CHKDSK utility. This could be caused by a few things, first we need to make sure that it's not your hardware input devices such as your keyboard or mouse causing the action to skip the disk check process.

Alternatively, we recommend that you run the command below to modify the delay countdown to 0 second.

• chkntfs /T:0

Give us an update on the result and we will be glad to assist you further.

Ferdz Amp, Apr 21, 2020
  4. p-jack Win User

Skipping Windows Welcome Screen.

download M$ TweakUI and use the "automatic logon" feature.... works fine for me.

*Toast :toast:

p-jack, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

1. CHKDSK automatically skips after the countdown and redirects to Logon Screen - Similar Threads - CHKDSK automatically skips

2. Black Screen after CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen after CHKDSK: So, I have a MSI X570 motherboard, with a 500gb ssd windows installed there, a 1T toshiba hdd with about 10 years of use and a 2T seagate with aprox 3 months of use.My problem started today when I got the next error on my seagate hdd "Drive Is Not Accessible a Device Which...
  3. Black Screen after CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen after CHKDSK: So, I have a MSI X570 motherboard, with a 500gb ssd windows installed there, a 1T toshiba hdd with about 10 years of use and a 2T seagate with aprox 3 months of use.My problem started today when I got the next error on my seagate hdd "Drive Is Not Accessible a Device Which...
  4. Black Screen after CHKDSK

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Browser redirect yahoo automatically

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browser redirect yahoo automatically: My default search engine is google but when I search something on the address bar it redirects to yahoo automatically.This is annoying, how to fix this?...
  6. chkdsk countdown loops once then doesnt start need help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk countdown loops once then doesnt start need help: i used the wedern digital diagnostic software and no problem was found but on my c drive under tools it says errors were found and it says run a chkdsk but when i try to run one it doesnt start it just does a 8 second countdown twice then just logs me in without the chkdsk...
  7. Automatic Logon Problem.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Automatic Logon Problem.: I have setup the Administrator account as well as my User account. Neither are passworded! When I am in the Administrator account, I can switch to my User account by clicking the profile picture etc, and vice versa. There are two problems I am facing. [1] On the live...
  8. Automatically change logon screen wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Automatically change logon screen wallpaper: Hi It took me a while to discover that the lock screen and the logon screen are not the same thing. Thankfully I know know that they are different things. Whenever I startup windows 10 I always land on the login screen, perfect for security reasons (the password)...
  9. Skipping password stage to logon to windows

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Skipping password stage to logon to windows: I have used netplwiz several times to eliminate the need to for a password to log into windows. It only works for several days but always reverts back to the password requirement. There are two user accounts and have gone through the procedure to eliminate the password...
  10. Change Chkdsk AutoChk Countdown Time at Boot in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Chkdsk AutoChk Countdown Time at Boot in Windows 10: How to: Change Chkdsk AutoChk Countdown Time at Boot in Windows 10 How to Change Chkdsk AutoChk Initiation Countdown Time at Boot in Windows 10 [img] Information Checking your drives for errors every once in a while can help fix some performance issues. Drive errors...