Windows 10: chkdsk bad clusters and 0xc000021a BSOD, system boot looping prior to issue.

Discus and support chkdsk bad clusters and 0xc000021a BSOD, system boot looping prior to issue. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi guys, Back again with a different issue this time and I'm seeing a lot of new posts about this update bsoding with the same stop code. My fresh... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/frankcsgo, Dec 13, 2019.

1. chkdsk bad clusters and 0xc000021a BSOD, system boot looping prior to issue.

Hi guys,

Back again with a different issue this time and I'm seeing a lot of new posts about this update bsoding with the same stop code. My fresh install of Win 10 got this update and every successful boot loads to start up repair, used cmd to chkdsk /f (found no errors) /r repaired bad clusters from system32 but failed at the end due to some windows resource protection error.

This has literally bricked my sick system, I'm experiencing either bad mobo, ram or dimms prior to update brick. Could bad sticks corrupt windows installation that's why it's showing bad clusters? Then subsequently xc21a bsods due to update?

submitted by /u/frankcsgo
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/frankcsgo, Dec 13, 2019

2. Does chkdsk /b is working for bad cluster replaced file from another drive?

1. Got a fixed file from stage 4 of chkdsk like this. this is happened in drive #1.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ... Windows replaced bad clusters in file 250 of name \temp\~1.mkv

2. Now ~1.mkv file is moved to another drive, drive #2.

3. If run chkdsk /b on drive #2, does chkdsk /b re-evaluate ~1.mkv file again and re-mark as fixed file because of bad cluster, and leaving messages about this on prompt? or just pass as normal file with no any messages?

Minhye Lee, Dec 13, 2019
  3. BarryRand Win User
    Windows rollback loop

After a windows 10 update, my ASUS X55U laptop remained in a rollback loop. I have tried Bob Omb's suggestion in the Jan 16, 2018 thread by Martin Bar ie. run chkdsk c:/r/x (no bad clusters, usn journal verification) and sfc/scannow (Windows Resource
    Protection could not perform the required operation). I do not have a boot disc or USB

BarryRand, Dec 13, 2019
  4. chkdsk bad clusters and 0xc000021a BSOD, system boot looping prior to issue.

Error 0xc000021a

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We appreciate your interest on Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

The STOP 0xC000021A error occurs when either Winlogon.exe or Csrss.exe fails. This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

1. Due to damaged system files.

2. Due to bad sectors on hard drive.

3. An incompatible third-party program has been installed.

Try the steps listed here and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to disconnect all the external devices other than mouse and keyboard and check if it helps.

Method 2: If you have not tried to boot the computer from an installation or repair disk. I would suggest you to boot the computer from an installation or repair disk, and then try to perform Startup
    Repair or Check Disk from WinRE.

If you don’t have the bootable DVD or USB drive, please refer to the steps in the article given below to create one and then follow the steps given below.

Create installation media for Windows 10

Download Windows 10

Once you have made the bootable USB or DVD drive, please follow the steps.

Step 1: To perform Automatic Repair, follow these steps.

• Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart the computer.

• Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

• Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

• Click Next and select Repair your computer.

You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose.

• Choose the option Troubleshoot and select Advanced options.

• You may choose Automatic Repair from Advanced boot option.

Step 2: Run check disk from WinRE and check if it helps.

• Insert the media such as (USB or DVD) and restart the computer.

• Press F12 key (typically this is F12, but it can differ between computer manufacturers) and choose the drive that you inserted the installation media into.

• Once the Windows Setup window appears, follow these steps:

• Click Next and select Repair your computer.

• You will then see a blue screen and an option to choose.

• Choose the option Troubleshoot and select Advanced options.

• Select Command Prompt.

In the command prompt, type ‘chkdsk /r’ and press Enter.

Note: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found, it tries to repair that sector and if any data available on that might be lost.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

chkdsk bad clusters and 0xc000021a BSOD, system boot looping prior to issue.

1. chkdsk bad clusters and 0xc000021a BSOD, system boot looping prior to issue. - Similar Threads - chkdsk bad clusters

2. Boot Issue 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot Issue 0xc000021a: So I am experiencing a two fold problem, I'll try to get all details I can.My wife ran an Amd driver update on her computer. When It rebooted, it got stuck on the boot screen, where after 15-20 mins, it BSODs with error 0xc000021a, then reboots and tries to go into Recovery...
  3. Boot Issue 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot Issue 0xc000021a: So I am experiencing a two fold problem, I'll try to get all details I can.My wife ran an Amd driver update on her computer. When It rebooted, it got stuck on the boot screen, where after 15-20 mins, it BSODs with error 0xc000021a, then reboots and tries to go into Recovery...
  4. Boot Issue 0xc000021a

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Chkdsk finding bad cluster

Chkdsk finding bad cluster: So I am trying to update windows, but it keeps failing over and over. Neither the cumulative update is installing, nor the 20H2 update is getting installed. So after some googling, I understood that running CHKDSK might solve the problem. So here I am trying to run CHKDSK and...
  6. 0xc000021a BSOD infinite loop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    0xc000021a BSOD infinite loop: I've erase my ssd storage and I can't boot from external usb to install windows 10. This error always appear when I try to boot from the external usb storage and when the computer attempt to start up windows automatic repair, the bsod appear again. I've been at this error for...
  7. Continuous BSOD loop with STOP code 0xc000021a.

Continuous BSOD loop with STOP code 0xc000021a.: Hi there, I used to have Windows 10 but it was gone the second a day came, that on startup, I was greeted with a Blue Screen of Death and instead restarting, it shut down. I turned it back on and it was preparing Automatic Repair. I got out my mac and searched up the code....
  8. BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code

BSoD 0xc000021a boot error code: Recently on November 12 2019 I turned on my computer and it started just fine but then only a half hour after turning it on my computer suddenly went to the BSoD with the error code 0xc000021a and now it is stuck on this bsod I've tried all the recovery options it gives you...
  9. Windows 10 Stopcode 0xc000021a - boot loop

Windows 10 Stopcode 0xc000021a - boot loop: My PC is is stuck in a bootloop and I can't find a fix. Before redirecting me to similar posts, please read the issues I am facing. I have created a USB Boot drive via Microsoft media creation tool, I can boot to this drive and access the command prompt but despite...
  10. Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A

Computer boots to BSOD, error 0xC000021A: I have a bootable USB with Windows 10, and another hard-drive plugged in running Windows 7. I have used the W7 boot to save my personal files which is lucky. What I have tried: - Boot to safe mode, disable driver signature - Bootable USB -> "sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. xc21a bluescreen