Windows 10: CHKDSK cannot repair my drive

Discus and support CHKDSK cannot repair my drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Windows is currently detecting problems on one of my hard drive. I tried several time to repair it with the basic windows option but it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by VVictor33, Feb 24, 2021.

1. VVictor33 Win User

CHKDSK cannot repair my drive

Hello,

Windows is currently detecting problems on one of my hard drive. I tried several time to repair it with the basic windows option but it is still damaged according to windows. In fact, when I try to repair and restart the computer it doesnt even seems to look for any problem, it does tell me to press a key to ignore the verification, then it says that it is analysing and repairing my drive without showing me the progression and then windows launch like there is no problem. However, when i go to check how is my drive it is still damaged.

I also tried using chkdsk and ran it as administrator and used several option. The exact same thing happened and my drive is still damaged.

I am kind of lost now, I don't know what to do. Should I just reinstall windows ?

:)

VVictor33, Feb 24, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

1. CHKDSK cannot repair my drive - Similar Threads - CHKDSK cannot repair

2. I cant scan my drive with chkdsk

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cant scan my drive with chkdsk: Hi , i just heard of chkdsk and how useful it is so i tried to run it with powershell adminbut i get a error in middle of the scan : An unspecified error occurred 766f6c756d652e63 470please note that this is not a system drive and its a separated hard drive from the ssd that...
  3. I cant scan my drive with chkdsk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant scan my drive with chkdsk: Hi , i just heard of chkdsk and how useful it is so i tried to run it with powershell adminbut i get a error in middle of the scan : An unspecified error occurred 766f6c756d652e63 470please note that this is not a system drive and its a separated hard drive from the ssd that...
  4. "Restart to repair drive errors" not solved even after chkdsk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Restart to repair drive errors" not solved even after chkdsk: After installing an update on 01/11 can't rmb what the update was and not very sure if this was the cause, I've been receiving the "Restart to repair drive errors" and having chkdsk start whenever I switch on my laptop. Windows says that they found errors on my C drive see...
  5. CHKDSK keeps scanning and repairing my drive c and there are no processes occurring PLS HELP

CHKDSK keeps scanning and repairing my drive c and there are no processes occurring PLS HELP: I have HP pavilion laptop that is running windows 10...After a force shut down by the start button, CHKDSK keeps scanning and repairing my drive c and there are no processes occurringno 1% to 100% it just won't appear, but the windows run well afterHappens after each reboot...
  6. chkdsk repair

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    chkdsk repair: Hello, I have just run chkdsk on my windows 10, Dell XPS 8700. It found a lot of errors, and repaired these. After exiting chkdsk, my pc started to load with the revolving thingy on the screen, and my hard drive is very active. This has been going on for over 2 hours now....
  7. CHKDSK ruined my drive

CHKDSK ruined my drive: My hard drive was failing. I bought a new one and transferred all the data using some free utliity from internet. Few bad blocks were found during copying. Then I mounted a new drive (with the copy) and ran CHKDSK on it. It found and fixed dozens of errors (I did not keep...
  8. chkdsk cannot open volume on a drive (with errors after dban)

chkdsk cannot open volume on a drive (with errors after dban): One computer (LG 22v24, all-in-one) recently slowed to a crawl. It had no important data that wasn't backed up so we were going to do a clean wipe and reinstall. Using a bootable USB, I ran DBAN on the C:/ (1 gig, SCSI) and D:/ (500 gigs SATA) drives. It booted and ran,...
  9. Cannot chkdsk on hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot chkdsk on hard drive.: I got a new hard drive and plugged it in correctly, but it locks me out. when I try to do a chkdsk in command prompt it says: "Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk may be locked by another process. You have to invoke this utility running in...
  10. Best Disk Repair tool? (not chkdsk)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Best Disk Repair tool? (not chkdsk): I've not needed a disk repair tool in a long time. However, I now have a 3TB drive that's failing on me. It works for a while and then stops being recognized. I've tried disk imaging it with Macrium, but it fails partway through with disk read errors. I used to use...