Windows 10: CHKDSK checks all disks!

Discus and support CHKDSK checks all disks! in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi Folks, Just a quick question. Windows 10 latest version from the iso. I am running W7 on an SSD but have just performed a new install of W10 onto... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Arnak, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Arnak Win User

CHKDSK checks all disks!

Hi Folks,

Just a quick question.

Windows 10 latest version from the iso.

I am running W7 on an SSD but have just performed a new install of W10 onto another HDD.

I have 2 additional HDD's which are just used for backup with clones of the W7 disk.

All went well for a few days but now when I boot up CHKDSK keeps checking all my dries, including the backup drives!!!

It does not seem to matter which drive I select to boot from in the bios the disk check keeps happening until it has finished then I can get into windows.

The W10 installation has W10 and Macarium Reflect as boot options and the W7 installation just has W7 only.

Is there any way of stopping this happening, please?

Martin

:)

Arnak, Dec 6, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Checking Disk Consistency

1. Click on the Start menu and open the run dialog.
    2. Type "cmd" and return (without quotes)
    3. Next type "fsutil dirty query <letter of drive that chkdsk keeps checking>" (for example, C:
    4. If the returned message indicates that the volume is dirty, go to step 5
    5. Next type "chkdsk <drive letter> /f /x"

If you get this below answer YES.
    Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? <Y/N>

6. After that finishes, repeat step 3.
    7. If the volume is no longer dirty, reboot and chkdsk should not reappear

95Viper, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Checking Disk Consistency

Ok i did as viper suggested, but it stops checking at stage 3. It is still saying the drive is dirty, and still needs to be checked. I did a defrag and a disk cleanup, and suggestions?

llllllllllll, Dec 6, 2019
  4. CHKDSK checks all disks!

Windows 10 - UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION and CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSoD's

Hi,

I suggest that you run the check disk. Follow the steps:

• Select Command Prompt.
    • Type chkdsk /r (note: there is a space after chkdsk)
    • Restart the computer and allow the check disk to run.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive when chkdsk tries to repair that sector if any data available on that might be lost

Vinod Archak, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

CHKDSK checks all disks!

1. CHKDSK checks all disks! - Similar Threads - CHKDSK checks disks

2. Disk checking

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk checking: My system started saying to skip disk checking press any key and when I do it will just show blue and it will be loading for hours without displaying https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-checking/d77006d7-6f14-418d-99a0-452d1c47c30a
  3. Disk Checking

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Checking: Hello! I Have a MSI Gaming Laptop and I have the problem that every time I start my laptop it automaticly starts the Fixing D. I do the Disk Checking and it starts over and over again for the past 2 days and the Press to skip doesnt show up. Is there a way to skip it...
  4. Disk checking

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disk checking: actually my pc was getting updated and it was written dont turn your pc off but due to sudden power cut it got off now its fine and updated but it asks for a disk checking whenever i switch on my computer i dont want the disk checking to be done what can i done it gives me...
  5. disk check

disk check: How long does it take for disk check to run. My laptop is prompting me to run it but I have not done so. I got my first BSOD last week. It restarted ok though Can anything go wrong from running it and cause it to crash? Is there any risk in letting it run overnight...
  6. disk check

disk check: I just started my pc and it checked drive c: automatically why so? without any reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-check/5d1a3dcb-7911-4e3d-a643-1c47614a03bf
  7. Windows Disk Error checking tool & chkdsk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Disk Error checking tool & chkdsk: Hello, I have a 2TB drive with what looks to be some bad clusters. I've run a couple of FULL formats without issue using both exFAT & NTFS formats, and the windows GUI disk check passes them, however in both cases, chkdsk /R freezes permanently at the 2% mark. Is there...
  8. Can't get into windows 10 because of disk check (chkdsk) at startup

Can't get into windows 10 because of disk check (chkdsk) at startup: A couple of days ago, I was having an issue with my laptop (Sager) being slow. So, I tried a few possible solutions. I ran a virus scan with defender and a malware scan, but neither of those turned up anything. I also set up a disk check through cmd on startup (couldn't do it...
  9. Check Disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Check Disk: My backup has failed and I have been advised to run Check Disc. How do I do this - I am using Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/check-disk/3167d58e-97b4-438e-81d0-9789d99ec8a0
  10. Hard disk failed and chkdsk?

Hard disk failed and chkdsk?: I have a disk that mainly contains data files. My disk have bad sectors and some of the files cannot be moved to another disk (it will stuck when moving and never complete 100%), most files are still normal (can read/edit/move). My Macrium reflect software is unable to do a...