Windows 10: chkdsk cmd prompt error

Discus and support chkdsk cmd prompt error in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; hello all. i get the error in the following image. i am trying step #1 here:... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AdamEvanovich2, Apr 15, 2021.

1. chkdsk cmd prompt error

hello all. i get the error in the following image. i am trying step #1 here:

https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/error-solved-slow-receive-emails-outlook-2016-2013-2010/

what am i doing wrong? I believe I have ownership. thanks.

chkdsk cmd prompt error 75162b3a-e013-47d1-b95a-0ca406d2c4b8?upload=true.jpg

:)

AdamEvanovich2, Apr 15, 2021
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Paul5816 Win User
    cmd prompt

When trying to use cmd prompt it pops up with an error saying "This application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000142)." When following steps to try and fix any uninstalled updates on the computer from this forum, it shows up with the same error.

Please help!

Trying to get an Xbox One game to work which asks us go to cmd prompt to configure the IP address.

Paul5816, Apr 15, 2021
  4. chkdsk cmd prompt error

"chkdsk" command on "cmd" showing lots of errors

You can run chkdsk /f at the Command Prompt while in Repair Mode. It works like so:

1. Tap F8 at boot time to get into Repair Mode.
    2. Open a Command Prompt.
    3. Find the System partition like so:

dir C:\Win* {Enter}

dir D:\Win* {Enter}

dir E:\Win* {Enter}

dir F:\Win* {Enter}

until you get a positive response. I shall call this letter Q:.
    4. Run chkdsk Q: /F

Frederik Long, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

chkdsk cmd prompt error

1. chkdsk cmd prompt error - Similar Threads - chkdsk cmd prompt

2. Error 1009 in the cmd prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1009 in the cmd prompt: Hi, I'm currently having an issue with fully resetting my computer. Here are all the steps to try and fix it I have done so far:1: First of all, when I try and do a full reset of the computer, it restarts my computer and then starts the reset, stays at 1% completion and then...
  3. Error 1009 in the cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1009 in the cmd prompt: Hi, I'm currently having an issue with fully resetting my computer. Here are all the steps to try and fix it I have done so far:1: First of all, when I try and do a full reset of the computer, it restarts my computer and then starts the reset, stays at 1% completion and then...
  4. Error 1009 in the cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  6. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  7. chkdsk cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk cmd: Is it normal for chkdsk to compleate immediatly after restart? I did it on my 200Gb windows ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-cmd/b0e5ade6-ffbb-4a64-8315-a9cf1d843931
  8. chkdsk cmd

chkdsk cmd: Is it normal for chkdsk to compleate immediatly after restart? I did it on my 200Gb windows ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-cmd/b0e5ade6-ffbb-4a64-8315-a9cf1d843931
  9. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  10. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0