Windows 10: chkdsk cmd

Discus and support chkdsk cmd in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Is it normal for chkdsk to compleate immediatly after restart? I did it on my 200Gb windows ssd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Soupyummyjuice, Feb 22, 2023.

1. chkdsk cmd

Is it normal for chkdsk to compleate immediatly after restart? I did it on my 200Gb windows ssd

:)

Soupyummyjuice, Feb 22, 2023
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Feb 22, 2023
  3. Vinodh.V Win User
    Blue Screens Of Death Windows 10

Hi,

We would suggest you to initiate check disc and this will resolve the problem.

To initiate check disc, refer to the below steps:

• Click start search cmd, right click and select run as administrator.
    • This will open command prompt and type the below command:
    CHKDSK /R /F

• Once the disc check is complete, reboot the computer.
    Hope this information helps.

Vinodh.V, Feb 22, 2023
  4. MarySmye1 Win User

chkdsk cmd

"chkdsk" command on "cmd" showing lots of errors

When we ran normal "chkdsk" command on "cmd" it was showing lots of errors. We ran "chkdsk /f" and scheduled it to run at the time of reboot. We rebooted the computer but it is not running the chkdsk at the time of
    reboot. How do we fix it please?

MarySmye1, Feb 22, 2023
Thema:

chkdsk cmd

1. chkdsk cmd - Similar Threads - chkdsk cmd

2. I have some errors when I ran chkdsk on cmd. Is this ok? How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have some errors when I ran chkdsk on cmd. Is this ok? How can I fix this?: This was the message error on my computer. Please help!C:\Windows\System32>chkdsk /c The type of the file system is NTFS. WARNING! /F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in read-only mode. WARNING! /C parameter specified. Your drive may still be corrupt even after running...
  3. I have some errors when I ran chkdsk on cmd. Is this ok? How can I fix this?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have some errors when I ran chkdsk on cmd. Is this ok? How can I fix this?: This was the message error on my computer. Please help!C:\Windows\System32>chkdsk /c The type of the file system is NTFS. WARNING! /F parameter not specified. Running CHKDSK in read-only mode. WARNING! /C parameter specified. Your drive may still be corrupt even after running...
  4. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  5. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk in cmd stuck?: Hello!I've encountered a problem with my sd card which I use for my phone, saying it's corrupted suddenly, haven't had problems before, so I decided to try and salvage it without formatting the card. I've successfully made a backup on my laptop, and tried running chkdsk over...
  6. chkdsk in cmd stuck?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. chkdsk cmd

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk cmd: Is it normal for chkdsk to compleate immediatly after restart? I did it on my 200Gb windows ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-cmd/b0e5ade6-ffbb-4a64-8315-a9cf1d843931
  8. chkdsk cmd prompt error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    chkdsk cmd prompt error: hello all. i get the error in the following image. i am trying step #1 here: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/error-solved-slow-receive-emails-outlook-2016-2013-2010/ what am i doing wrong? I believe I have ownership. thanks. [ATTACH]...
  9. CHKDSK stuck at 22%(stage 4) for more than 24 hours. Should I stop the cmd and restart pc...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CHKDSK stuck at 22%(stage 4) for more than 24 hours. Should I stop the cmd and restart pc...: Hello! I need help. My laptop experienced BSOD so I did the sfc /scannow and detected no issues. Then I did the chkdsk for C, it succeeded but when I tried on another internal drive it got stuck. It is already at stage 4 and still 22% running through CMD. Should I close CMD...
  10. CMD: Is there any way to explicitly run a specific phase of CHKDSK?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CMD: Is there any way to explicitly run a specific phase of CHKDSK?: I have an older HDD I'm trying to run CHKDSK on, but it's on an external which has a faulty SATA connector. It tends to reset every so often, causing CHKDSK to get interrupted and fail. Unfortunately, since it's an old HDD, it takes forever to process CHKDSK, meaning it is...