Windows 10: Chkdsk command not working correctly.

Discus and support Chkdsk command not working correctly. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; After a scan it says that I have errors on my disk and it needs to be repaired. It says I have to restart to repair. Once I restart, it says click any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Viperfishman, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Chkdsk command not working correctly.

After a scan it says that I have errors on my disk and it needs to be repaired. It says I have to restart to repair. Once I restart, it says click any button to stop repair. I don’t press anything, and the computer starts up again without repairing. If I scan again, it says I still have errors and need to repair. I have tried using /f, /r, and /f /r /x.

submitted by /u/Viperfishman
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Viperfishman, Sep 9, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 9, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    GPU-Z what command line parameter ?

Suggestion: /? (-?) and /help (-help) command-line arguments to show a list of all possible arguments in a small window. *Smile Chkdsk command not working correctly. :)

Naki, Sep 9, 2020
  4. Chkdsk command not working correctly.

"chkdsk" command on "cmd" showing lots of errors

You can run chkdsk /f at the Command Prompt while in Repair Mode. It works like so:

1. Tap F8 at boot time to get into Repair Mode.
    2. Open a Command Prompt.
    3. Find the System partition like so:

dir C:\Win* {Enter}

dir D:\Win* {Enter}

dir E:\Win* {Enter}

dir F:\Win* {Enter}

until you get a positive response. I shall call this letter Q:.
    4. Run chkdsk Q: /F

Frederik Long, Sep 9, 2020
Thema:

Chkdsk command not working correctly.

1. Chkdsk command not working correctly. - Similar Threads - Chkdsk command working

2. chkdsk not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk not working?: When i run chkdsk i get windows has found problems. But when i run chkdsk C: I get there is no problems. Is there any reason why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-not-working/ce3e8aeb-084f-4693-b398-6fcf030f154a
  3. chkdsk not working

chkdsk not working: when i try to run a chkdsk it doesnt start up it just straight boots me up into windows and still says i need to run one but it doesn't work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-not-working/81dfb1b5-ce18-4d7e-aa8f-9f1de2be920b
  4. chkdsk/f command

in Windows 10 Customization
    chkdsk/f command: Hello Microsoft. In 1976 I started writing computer software programs at Shasta College. That was prior to Microsoft or Apple. I was required to write an operating system for a desktop personal computer. That was before the contest that Bill Gates, and Steve Jobs, and...
  5. Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt

Settings commands chkdsk at command prompt: Hello, I appealed to the Microsoft community and please send me ascript containing all the settings commands chkdsk to fix the bad ssd ect… Thank you! Wait for response! A good day!...
  6. "Start" command won't work correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    "Start" command won't work correctly: Hello, I want to make a batch which launch multiple excels files at once. As here: https://superuser.com/questions/524027/open-multi-files-with-batch-file I know I can do it with the "START" command so. My files are named with spaces just like "1 1.xlsx". So I should...
  7. CHKDSK not working

CHKDSK not working: C:\Windows\system32>chkdsk D: /f The type of the file system is NTFS. Volume label is New Volume. Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ... 256 file records processed. File verification completed. 0 large file records processed. 0 bad file records processed....
  8. sfc and chkdsk commands won't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sfc and chkdsk commands won't work: Hello, I'm having some issues with my Windows 10 installation so I decided to run the sfc command. It did not work. So according to some on line advice (www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/sfc-scannow-not working.html) , I ran the chkdsk command. That command discovered...
  9. Chkdsk in command prompt

Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 9,000 clusters checked...
  10. Chkdsk in command prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chkdsk in command prompt: Why does running chkdsk in command prompt as administrator in windows 10 take so long? It looks like it will take weeks. Incidentally, after around 6,000 clusters checked out of 835,248 clusters that hard drives Properties - Tools became accessible enabling chkdisk without...