Windows 10: CHKDSK - Convert lost chains to files Y/N? - Could someone clarify please?

Discus and support CHKDSK - Convert lost chains to files Y/N? - Could someone clarify please? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi everyone,I had a USB FAT32 which gave no errors when I ran chkdsk with no fix parameters on it, however, when I ran chkdsk d: /v /f /r it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DeyanB, Dec 3, 2023.

1. DeyanB Win User

CHKDSK - Convert lost chains to files Y/N? - Could someone clarify please?

Hi everyone,I had a USB FAT32 which gave no errors when I ran chkdsk with no fix parameters on it, however, when I ran chkdsk d: /v /f /r it started scanning all the files in verbose mode and towards the end returned the following:"...\System Volume Information\IndexerVolumeGuid100 percent completed.File and folder verification is complete.Convert lost chains to files Y/N? y2246496 KB in 1 recovered files.Windows is verifying free space...Free space verification is complete.Windows has made corrections to the file system.No further action is required. 120,914,112 KB total disk space.

:)

DeyanB, Dec 3, 2023
Thema:

CHKDSK - Convert lost chains to files Y/N? - Could someone clarify please?

1. CHKDSK - Convert lost chains to files Y/N? - Could someone clarify please? - Similar Threads - CHKDSK Convert lost

2. Clarifying the file management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clarifying the file management: I have a laptop using Windows 11. When I purchased it new, I didn't realize that providing my Microsoft account info would link me to the cloud as a default. That drove me crazy. I can't remember how I managed to make that stop. My problem is that right now, my documents are...
  3. Clarifying the file management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clarifying the file management: I have a laptop using Windows 11. When I purchased it new, I didn't realize that providing my Microsoft account info would link me to the cloud as a default. That drove me crazy. I can't remember how I managed to make that stop. My problem is that right now, my documents are...
  4. Could someone help please

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could someone help please: Can someone help me please this message keeps coming up then saying preparing automatic update but has been doing the same thing over and over for the last 30 minutes and I can’t get into anything...
  5. Could someone help please

Could someone help please: Can someone help me please this message keeps coming up then saying preparing automatic update but has been doing the same thing over and over for the last 30 minutes and I can’t get into anything...
  6. CHKDSK - Convert lost chains to files Y/N? - Could someone clarify please?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK - Convert lost chains to files Y/N? - Could someone clarify please?: Hi everyone,I had a USB FAT32 which gave no errors when I ran chkdsk with no fix parameters on it, however, when I ran chkdsk d: /v /f /r it started scanning all the files in verbose mode and towards the end returned the following:"...\System Volume...
  7. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log: When booting up, my PC goes to a blue screen and the message "Just a moment" is displayed. Nothing happens for hours and I have to do a hard power down and restart. I ran Chkdsk and received the following in Event Viewer. Could someone please advise what this means and what...
  8. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log: When booting up, my PC goes to a blue screen and the message "Just a moment" is displayed. Nothing happens for hours and I have to do a hard power down and restart. I ran Chkdsk and received the following in Event Viewer. Could someone please advise what this means and what...
  9. Could someone please assist with my Chkdsk event viewer log

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Could someone help clarify some things for me please?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Could someone help clarify some things for me please?: I’ve got a new pc I’m building arriving today, and I do not own any copy of Windows. I was told i could download the software here onto a flash drive. I have done that, yet I’m apprehensive because nowhere did I have to pay, or get a licensing code or anything. Mind you the...