Windows 10: chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix

Discus and support chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; trying to run this cmd on a micro sd card that windows 10, or any device I insert the card into, doesn't see, or I can't find. "cannot open volume... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephen D. Murray, Sep 21, 2019.

1. chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix

trying to run this cmd on a micro sd card that windows 10, or any device I insert the card into, doesn't see, or I can't find.

"cannot open volume for direct access" is what it says after pressing enter.

:)

Stephen D. Murray, Sep 21, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Sep 21, 2019
  3. Chkdsk /f

Hi,

The error message "Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected." is usually occurring if there is a write protection tab on your hard drive or the partition file system is corrupted or damaged due to malware infection or
    other unknown reasons.

For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to the device before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest entering the command chkdsk E: /f /r /x in Command Prompt. Take note that you should replace
    E with the drive letter for your PC's hard drive or USB drive. Once done, check if the same issue persists.

Important: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found when chkdsk tries to repair that sector, any data available on it might be lost.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Darleen Pen, Sep 21, 2019
  4. chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix

chkdsk /f /r E: freezes at stage

of chkdsk said I had errors on my external hard drive and shoul run disc repair.

from command prompt i ran chkdsk /f /r E: as suggested

but now the process stalls at stage 4: looking for bad clusters in user file data ... Progress: 19 of 114672 done; stage: 0%; Total: 0% ETA:30:05:46 ...

what do I do now?

davidelwonger, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix

1. chkdsk E:/f /offlinescanandfix - Similar Threads - chkdsk offlinescanandfix

2. CHKDSK stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK stuck on 100%: Hello , I have WIN 11 , I was trying to download a large game , however an error message appeared that i might have an unreadable sectors on my external HD WD - MY BOOK EXFAT. so naturally i tried to scan the hard drive , however it got stuck so I downloaded an app Minitool...
  3. CHKDSK stuck on 100%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK stuck on 100%: Hello , I have WIN 11 , I was trying to download a large game , however an error message appeared that i might have an unreadable sectors on my external HD WD - MY BOOK EXFAT. so naturally i tried to scan the hard drive , however it got stuck so I downloaded an app Minitool...
  4. chkdsk not working?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk not working?: When i run chkdsk i get windows has found problems. But when i run chkdsk C: I get there is no problems. Is there any reason why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-not-working/ce3e8aeb-084f-4693-b398-6fcf030f154a
  5. chkdsk not working?

chkdsk not working?: When i run chkdsk i get windows has found problems. But when i run chkdsk C: I get there is no problems. Is there any reason why this is happening? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-not-working/ce3e8aeb-084f-4693-b398-6fcf030f154a
  6. chkdsk not working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Regarding chkdsk /r windows 8.1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Regarding chkdsk /r windows 8.1: I runned the chkdsk /r in my windows 8.1 hp laptop a few hours ago and its still in 13% i tried interrupting it, i tried taking of the battery and putting it backwhich took me to this place where i can choose restart or advanced system options something like that and even...
  8. Regarding chkdsk /r windows 8.1

Regarding chkdsk /r windows 8.1: I runned the chkdsk /r in my windows 8.1 hp laptop a few hours ago and its still in 13% i tried interrupting it, i tried taking of the battery and putting it backwhich took me to this place where i can choose restart or advanced system options something like that and even...
  9. mountvol does not show all hidden partitions in windows repair and safe mode for chkdsk...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mountvol does not show all hidden partitions in windows repair and safe mode for chkdsk...: I have an ssd win10+recovery+efi+2partitions and a hdd25g factory recovery+win7+4partitions, 8 visible partitions and 3 hidden, so 11 that can be seen in computer management. I ran "mountvol" in CMD as administration but received 3 different responses in 3 modes. In windows,...
  10. mountvol does not show all hidden partitions in windows repair and safe mode for chkdsk...

mountvol does not show all hidden partitions in windows repair and safe mode for chkdsk...: I have an ssd win10+recovery+efi+2partitions and a hdd25g factory recovery+win7+4partitions, 8 visible partitions and 3 hidden, so 11 that can be seen in computer management. I ran "mountvol" in CMD as administration but received 3 different responses in 3 modes. In windows,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chkdsk offlinescanandfix windows 10

2. chkdsk d:/f /offlinescanandfix

3. offlinescanandfix stage 1

4. offlinescanandfix,
  5. windows 10 chkdsk offlinescanandfix,
  6. chkdsk e:/f,
  7. chkdsk offlinescanandfix windows10