Windows 10: chkdsk error while checking C: drive

Discus and support chkdsk error while checking C: drive in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello! 1 year ago I bought a laptop with a SSD. I tried running chkdsk Administrator, read-only on my drive today, as the performance on my laptop was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ȘTEF, Nov 20, 2022.

1. ȘTEF Win User

chkdsk error while checking C: drive

Hello! 1 year ago I bought a laptop with a SSD. I tried running chkdsk Administrator, read-only on my drive today, as the performance on my laptop was very poor and programs were crashing. It always got stuck on this stage check image. Should I send it in service, or is it just a bug? The error is this one:An unspecified error occurred 696e647863686b2e 1490. I tried searching on Google, but the error code wasn't the same.Any help is appreciated, thank you!

:)

ȘTEF, Nov 20, 2022
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Nov 20, 2022
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Nov 20, 2022
  4. Jose Est Win User

repairing drive c

The part of process that you are in when updating Windows is the check disk (CHKDSK), the system is checking your drive for errors.

Are you still having the issue and stuck at Scanning and repairing drive process?

As a workaround, you can follow these steps to bypass the CHKDSK process:

• Hold down the power button for 4 seconds.
    • The PC will reboot.
    • You will get stuck again on the process, repeat step 1.
    • You will get a message "press any key to bypass the chkdsk."
    • Press any key and it will continue on the update process.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Nov 20, 2022
Thema:

1. chkdsk error while checking C: drive - Similar Threads - chkdsk error while

2. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  3. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error: System Info:Windows 10 Home Version 22H2C: Drive - Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GBIssues: Blue screen crashErrors found in C: driveAttempted Fixes:"chkdsk /f" command attempted multiple times via powershell, windows 10 system notification, and C: drive device propertiesWhen...
  4. chkdsk /f is not running on startup. C drive error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. chkdsk error while checking C: drive

chkdsk error while checking C: drive: Hello! 1 year ago I bought a laptop with a SSD. I tried running chkdsk Administrator, read-only on my drive today, as the performance on my laptop was very poor and programs were crashing. It always got stuck on this stage check image. Should I send it in service, or is it...
  6. chkdsk error while checking C: drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk error while checking C: drive: Hello! 1 year ago I bought a laptop with a SSD. I tried running chkdsk Administrator, read-only on my drive today, as the performance on my laptop was very poor and programs were crashing. It always got stuck on this stage check image. Should I send it in service, or is it...
  7. C Drive Error using Drive Error Checking Tool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive Error using Drive Error Checking Tool: When I was starting the computer, the words "Scanning and repairing drives" appeared. When I check my C drive for errors, it says "Repair this drive, we found an error on this drive". but when I use CMD with the sfc /scannow line, it comes up "Windows Resource Protection did...
  8. C Drive Error using Drive Error Checking Tool

C Drive Error using Drive Error Checking Tool: When I was starting the computer, the words "Scanning and repairing drives" appeared. When I check my C drive for errors, it says "Repair this drive, we found an error on this drive". but when I use CMD with the sfc /scannow line, it comes up "Windows Resource Protection did...
  9. Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly

Error Checking C drive and will not repair it properly: Hello, I have tried to repair my C drive after getting a message whilst my computer is booting up. However my computer says that there is an error checking the drive and when I restart my PC to repair the drive it doesn't work. My computer restarts and I check the status of...
  10. C drive Error checking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    C drive Error checking: I'm having an issue with my C drive where on boot windows will do a scan and repair on the drive. This happens every time on startup no matter what.This started after I completely reset my pc through windows settings.I'm not sure what's wrong but I've tried a couple thing...