Windows 10: chkdsk error - windows not loading

Discus and support chkdsk error - windows not loading in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I accidentally ran chkdsk /f /r c: This seems to have garbled my drives and now windows no longer starts. Using command prompt, my d drive seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by yomumbill, Sep 30, 2020.

1. yomumbill Win User

chkdsk error - windows not loading

Hi

I accidentally ran chkdsk /f /r c:

This seems to have garbled my drives and now windows no longer starts. Using command prompt, my d drive seems to have become my e drive. windows trys to start but keeps giving up. I have run chkdsk properly on all the shown drives and it is now showing no errors.

How can i get win 10 working again please?

Thanks

Robin

:)

yomumbill, Sep 30, 2020
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

It might be an error on the drive. We suggests that you follow the troubleshooting steps below:

• Run Disk Cleanup utility to clear your junk files.
    • Open an elevated CMD type sfc /scannow and hit Enter to run the System File Checker.
    • Once the scan is completed, restart your computer. Remember to exit ChkDsk
      during boot.
    • Next, again open CMD as admin type
      Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
      and hit Enter to repair the Windows image.
    • Now see if ChkDsk able to complete the scan.

Note: Before doing the steps, make sure you save a back up of your files.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Sep 30, 2020
  3. mbmeadows Win User
    Constant script errors and slow loading pages in 10 internet explorer 11

I have done the steps listed above. They have not helped and I am still getting constant script errors, along with slow loading pages. Are there any other suggestions?

mbmeadows, Sep 30, 2020
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

chkdsk c: /F

We appreciate the response. I'm referring to Check Disk (chkdsk) utility tool. If you haven't tried yet, we suggest that you run a chkdsk by:

• Press Windows Key + X button to bring up the power user menu.
    • In the power user menu, select the Command Prompt (Admin) option.Click Yes when you are presented with a UAC window requesting permission to launch the Command Prompt as Administrator.
    • In the new Command Prompt window, type chkdsk E: /f /r /x. Here you should replace E with your drive letter.
    This option will run chkdsk to check and repair disk errors in Windows 10. The “/f” parameter tells CHKDSK to fix any errors it finds; “/r” tells it to locate the bad sectors on the drive and recover readable information; “/x” forces the drive to dismount
    before the process starts.

Keep us updated with the result.

Jelo Sen, Sep 30, 2020
Thema:

1. chkdsk error - windows not loading - Similar Threads - chkdsk error loading

2. CHKDSK unspecified error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHKDSK unspecified error: Greetings.One of my disks stopped working correctly so i decided to run a CHKDSK /r to repair it, but i keep getting the following unspecified errors6672732e637878 969.6e74667363686b2e 17b4.Does this have a fix? i tried formating the disk and checking it through properties...
  3. CHKDSK unspecified error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CHKDSK unspecified error: Greetings.One of my disks stopped working correctly so i decided to run a CHKDSK /r to repair it, but i keep getting the following unspecified errors6672732e637878 969.6e74667363686b2e 17b4.Does this have a fix? i tried formating the disk and checking it through properties...
  4. CHKDSK unspecified error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Boot Error 0xc00000e9, chkdsk unspecified errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Boot Error 0xc00000e9, chkdsk unspecified errors: Everytime i try to boot my PC since yesterday i get the error 0xc00000e9, attempting recovery keeps failing. I was able to enter the recovery environment from a boot usb stick. However "Start-Up Repair couldn't repair your PC".I ran scf /scannow using the cmd and now i...
  6. CHKDSK errors

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    CHKDSK errors: Hi, i ran the chkdsk command on command prompt and it showed that this 'Errors found. CHKDSK cannot continue in read-only mode' and the errors were - Index entry CACHE7~1.DB- in index $I30 of file 190D5 is incorrect Index entry CACHE7~2.DB- in index $I30 of file 190D5 is...
  7. chkdsk /f Errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    chkdsk /f Errors: Hey, I was getting this repair drive error from a few days, I started it and forced shut down a few times my mistake. But today I have to do it cause device performance was really slow. I am currently in safe mode and did chkdsk D: /f, it is currently displaying ETA: 9hr...
  8. Windows 10 CHKDSK error

Windows 10 CHKDSK error: So I tried chkdsk because every time I booted my computer always told me to restart to fix drive errors but never got fixed. After running chkdsk on powershell and cmd, both giving me the same answers of This type of file system is NTFS. volume label is OS. Warning! /f...
  9. Chkdsk error

Chkdsk error: when i run chkdsk c: /f /r on cmd it appeared " An unspecified error occurred (696e647863686b2e 13d3)". What does it mean? It appeared on stage 2 on ~80%. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-error/72316736-90ab-439d-aa38-e155b1fc8434
  10. chkdsk Error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    chkdsk Error: Hi! I can't access my D: hardrive, I updated it and all of a sudden I can't access it anymore so I tried chkdsk and I got this error [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chkdsk-error/fdf1bc86-ccbf-491e-93d0-8e2c55f76b42"