Windows 10: CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something?

Discus and support CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My HDD is failing and I often get Blue Screen of Deaths. I decided to run chkdsk on reboot with the command chkdsk D: /r. I backed up any important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/grapeyy28, Nov 3, 2020.

1. CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something?

My HDD is failing and I often get Blue Screen of Deaths. I decided to run chkdsk on reboot with the command chkdsk D: /r. I backed up any important information so they sre in a safe place (I hope I backed up everything). So on reboot chkdsk started, it's currently saying Stage 1: 1% (4115 of 206336), Total: 0%. It's slow and the time is bugged. What should I do? I'm assuming it will take ages to complete. If I cut the power, will Windows restart succesfully? (Windows is on a completely healthy 120gb SSD!!!). Also, how many stages does this have? 206000 blocks or what are gonna take very long to complete, and I'm assuming it has multiple stages. Can I fix the BSODs by just unplugging it from my mobo and psu?

Any suggestions? Thanks!

submitted by /u/grapeyy28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/grapeyy28, Nov 3, 2020

2. I STILL CANT OPEN MY DRIVE AFTER CHKDSK /R AND /F

before i ask a question about to fix sudden lag occur to my laptop and try every step they suggest. at that time my drive still can be open but taking time.

i chkdsk d: /r and chkdsk d: /f

on command eta say 999:00:00 but i think almost 20-22 hours

it say anything accept this thing:

file verification completed.

deleting orphan file record segment 892E8

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB88

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB89

deleting orphan file record segment 8BB8A

i hope my file can be save , almost has 1 tera of file in there

Sir.Debiluk, Nov 3, 2020
  3. RashidS Win User
    Chkdsk /r on hdd with 100% active time

OK thanks, only worry was that the eta is 999, so I'm not sure how long I'll have to leave my pc on.

RashidS, Nov 3, 2020
  4. CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something?

Fixing c: eta problem

Hi, I am Rishad

So yesterday when i turned the pc on the disk checking process started. The whole process was going smoothly but when it came to stage 2 it was showing something like this:

Fixing(CCHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something? :) Stage 2:100% (61628 of 61628;Total:0%;ETA:999:00:00

After seeing this I turned off my pc by pressing power button. When i again turned my laptop on it went to automatic repair loop and it took me to a screen saying

'Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete'.I waited for two hours but it was still going on. So I turned off the pc and again turned it on. This time my pc turned on taking much time and I also skipped the disk checking process by
    pressing any key. I went to the C: drive properties and went to check its condition but it still says 'Repair drive'.

So I have clicked on 'Repair drive' and restarted my pc. And this time I haven’t skipped the disk checking process.But the process brought me to the same place like before and my pc screen is now showing like this:

Fixing(CCHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something? :) Stage 2:100% (61628 of 61628;Total:0%;ETA:999:00:00

And it has been running for like an hour

So I would very thankful if you could suggest me what should I do at this stage and how could I repair my C: drive.

Thank you in advance.

Nazmul HasanRishad, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something?

1. CHKDSK ETA 999 Hours - should I worry about something? - Similar Threads - CHKDSK ETA 999

2. Is this something to worry about?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is this something to worry about?: Microsoft Community,Today as I was going through my registry I found a folder named CleanMyPC. I have no application named CleanMyPC and never had. A few days ago, I installed Kaspersky in my laptop and it comes with a pc cleaner as well. So, it could possibly be Kaspersky's...
  3. Is this something to worry about?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is this something to worry about?: Microsoft Community,Today as I was going through my registry I found a folder named CleanMyPC. I have no application named CleanMyPC and never had. A few days ago, I installed Kaspersky in my laptop and it comes with a pc cleaner as well. So, it could possibly be Kaspersky's...
  4. Should I be worried about the Iran Hackers?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I be worried about the Iran Hackers?: I'm writing an article for my website and will include a link to this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-be-worried-about-the-iran-hackers/0b1ac8cb-646c-46ac-9016-1d29da69ae86
  5. Should I be worried about the Iran Hackers?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I be worried about the Iran Hackers?: I'm writing an article for my website and will include a link to this question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/should-i-be-worried-about-the-iran-hackers/0b1ac8cb-646c-46ac-9016-1d29da69ae86
  6. should i be worried about error 0x80080207 ?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    should i be worried about error 0x80080207 ?: just bought forza horizon 4, getting weird downloads. for the first while it downloaded at about 50 mb/s, which isnt bad i guess but then it started giving me these 0x80080207 errors. i looked around for answers and found a few about deleting the Download folder in...
  7. Should I be worried about my webcam?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Should I be worried about my webcam?: Hey guys, Like many of you right now, I’m working from home and I had to buy a decent webcam. It has a nice led on it when is on, but no lens cap to cover it when it’s not in use. I’m kinda worried about a possible breach, or a bug, or some kind of virus who could take...
  8. Is This Something I Need To Worry About?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is This Something I Need To Worry About?: Hello :) I went use Defraggler and an unfamiliar warning popped up. Does this mean that I'll never be able to defrag? I use Windows 10 Pro. [img] [img] 148384
  9. Is it something to worry about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it something to worry about?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ashwinp123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ejhwa0/is_it_something_to_worry_about/
  10. Is this Something To Worry About?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is this Something To Worry About?: I just reinstalled windows 10 pro on my computer and noticed that under system information that it states "Installed memory (RAM) 16.0 GB (15.9) usable". Is this something to worry about, or how do I correct it? 144044

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chkdsk eta 999

2. chkdsk eta

3. chkdsk 999 hours

4. tiempo estimado de llegada 999:00:00,
  5. eta 999 chkdsk,
  6. chkdsk eta:,
  7. chkdsk eta disappeared,
  8. windows 10 trying to fix disk 999 hours,
  9. eta 999:00:00,
  10. eta 999,
  11. fixing c stage 2 eta 999,